Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter To My Congressman

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I listened to one of the "leaders" of the Tea Party being interviewed the other day. He said they don't want their own candidate as they would not have a chance it the current two party system. He said what the want to do is support a candidate for his/her policy and record with no regard to their party.

Mark
    The Tea Party is just an arm of the GOP...
    Just pulling the wool over frustrated voters eyes...

Its just a little too obvious...
    411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post

You may be right that at the core, it's as you described but I think many of the folks who are going to meetings and showing interest are simply desperate. I doubt a candidate who tells the Tea Party folks what they want to hear, will truly make a difference when he or she is in office.

I agree that a third party would have a heck of a time winning against the money and power of the two party system. Where does that all leave us and our country?

I'm going about my daily business, but when I read the Newspaper of watch the News I get depressed. I'd like something positive to look forward to, something about jobs, maybe a grand plan to resolve several problems.

Right now from what I know and what I learn from others, it appears china has a powerful hold on us. We are not helping ourselves to break free and stop digging the hole deeper.

I was talking to a neighbor today and she said President Obama has set aside money for education having to do with green jobs. I said why doesn't he offer a fifty percent rebate or credit on alternative energy to get the ball rolling? You get even 20% of the homes using some solar energy and it has got to increase demand for production which could be done in the USA and million employed to install. LEt's not forget that there would be a reduction in consumption and even an excess of electricity put back into the grid.

I'm tired of all the talking and no action.

Comment

Where were these folks when the GOP was running up deficit???

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
          Where were these folks when the GOP was running up deficit???
          That was different!
          Their party was running up the deficit...
          And doing a damn good job of it!

They just don't want those tax and spend liberals doing it...

Comment

Of course that is a mistake many Democrats are making and why the race for Ted Kennedy's seat was such a surprise. The Tea Party started out as Republicans who were mad at both their party and the new Administration. Then as the Administration started to push harder and harder with Health Care some Independents started joining the Tea party. Finally while the back door deals were made some Democrats even started joining the Tea Party. I think when Reid announced the back door deals and special treatments of certain States and special interest groups was how deals were made the light came on for many people.

The Tea Party is made up of people like Frank who voted for Obama and are now disappointed Obama has not kept his promises. The are also made up of people like me (have not joined) who are unhappy with many of the things Bush did and are even more unhappy with what Obama is doing.

There is a reason Congress only has an 18% approval rating and Obama's numbers continue to fall. It was not too long ago many felt Obama was invincible. He is probably one of the best speech presenters and like able Presidents we have had in a long time but he is still losing popularity because of his plans.

While you look at the Tea Party they have gone from a bunch of fruit loops to a group which is making a difference. In recent polling the approval rating of the Tea party was 41% followed by 35% for the Democrats and 28% for the Republicans. Joe Scarborough from MSNBC described the climb of the Tea Party as showing just how angry Americans have become with both parties.

Mark
            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-06-2010, 05:35 PM.
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Of course that is a mistake many Democrats are making and why the race for Ted Kennedy's seat was such a surprise. The Tea Party started out as Republicans who were mad at both their party and the new Administration. Then as the Administration started to push harder and harder with Health Care some Independents started joining the Tea party. Finally while the back door deals were made some Democrats even started joining the Tea Party. I think when Reid announced the back door deals and special treatments of certain States and special interest groups was how deals were made the light came on for many people.

The Tea Party is made up of people like Frank who voted for Obama and are now disappointed Obama has not kept his promises. The are also made up of people like me (have not joined) who are unhappy with many of the things Bush did and are even more unhappy with what Obama is doing.

There is a reason Congress only has an 18% approval rating and Obama's numbers continue to fall. It was not too long ago many felt Obama was invincible. He is probably one of the best speech presenters and like able Presidents we have had in a long time but he is still losing popularity because of his plans.

While you look at the Tea Party they have gone from a bunch of fruit loops to a group which is making a difference. In recent polling the approval rating of the Tea party was 41% followed by 35% for the Democrats and 28% for the Republicans. Joe Scarborough from MSNBC described the climb of the Tea Party as showing just how angry Americans have become with both parties.

Mark

I find it interesting that a party that holds no positions and has no candidates can somehow have an approval rating...

That just seems like some weird kind of spin....

Almost like liking a car that hasn't been built yet...

They do seem to favor the GOP candidates and position, while keeping their rhetoric aimed at the Dems positions...

Basically it seems like a party created for Caribou Barbi to separate the fractures in the GOP, but they'll pull together in 2012 for sure...

Mark my words...

Comment

I find it interesting that a party that holds no positions and has no candidates can somehow have an approval rating...

That just seems like some weird kind of spin....

Almost like liking a car that hasn't been built yet...

They do seem to favor the GOP candidates and position, while keeping their rhetoric aimed at the Dems positions...

Basically it seems like a party created for Caribou Barbi to separate the fractures in the GOP, but they'll pull together in 2012 for sure...

Mark my words...
                That's just it they are not a party in the same sense that the Republicans or the Democrats have a party. What they are is a group of people who are getting increasingly angry with where this country is going.

April 9th of last year Pelosi mocked the Tea party as more of an Astroturf group then a Grassroot group.
                "What they want is a continuation of the failed economic policies of President George Bush which got us in the situation we are in now. What we want is a new direction. … This [tea party] initiative is funded by the high end — we call call it astroturf, it’s not really a grassroots movement. It’s astroturf by some of the wealthiest people in America to keep the focus on tax cuts for the rich instead of for the great middle class"
                Now all of a sudden this year she claims to share many of the same beliefs the Tea Party was built on. I guess since dismissing the Tea Party did not work out so well she has decided to compare herself with them.
                "No – No what I said at the time is, that they were -- the Republican Party directs a lot of what the Tea Party does, but not everybody in the Tea Party takes direction from the Republican Party. And so there was a lot of, shall we say, Astroturf, as opposed to grassroots.
                But, you know, we share some of the views of the Tea Partiers in terms of the role of special interest in Washington, D.C., as -- it just has to stop. And that's why I've fought the special interest, whether it's on energy, whether it's on health insurance, whether it's on pharmaceuticals and the rest"

Comment

Mark
                  Mark, given those statistics one would think politicians on both sides are either arrogant, indebted to the lobbyists who helped get them there or both. They sure don't seem too concerned about what we the voters think.

I'm at the point of voting republican, not because I think any of their candidates will work towards change but simply to send a message. I really don't think The Tea Party will help bring about the change we want and need either. If I'm right, then what? Do we just keep chasing our tails until we die from exhaustion?

I can't figure out if I'm over reacting to all these economic and political happenings, or just experiencing the culmination of years of political abuse by our leaders? Have we reached a time when most folks realize the system does not work for us and has not worked for us in a very long time? I say again, where can we expect to get the help and direction we need to turn it all around, and will it be forthcoming?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Mark, given those statistics one would think politicians on both sides are either arrogant, indebted to the lobbyists who helped get them there or both. They sure don't seem too concerned about what we the voters think.

I'm at the point of voting republican, not because I think any of their candidates will work towards change but simply to send a message. I really don't think The Tea Party will help bring about the change we want and need either. If I'm right, then what? Do we just keep chasing our tails until we die from exhaustion?

I can't figure out if I'm over reacting to all these economic and political happenings, or just experiencing the culmination of years of political abuse by our leaders? Have we reached a time when most folks realize the system does not work for us and has not worked for us in a very long time? I say again, where can we expect to get the help and direction we need to turn it all around, and will it be forthcoming?
                    The election in 2008 was an election for change. I am sure 2010 will also be an election for change and if things don't get better so will 2012.

I don't think voting for one party over the other helps I think you have to vote for who will do the best job. During the last election I cautioned the fact that having the Executive Office and both house of Congress controlled by the same party would be nothing but a mess.

Guess what happened

Mark

Comment

[QUOTE=ToUtahNow;285212]The election in 2008 was an election for change. I am sure 2010 will also be an election for change and if things don't get better so will 2012.

I don't think voting for one party over the other helps I think you have to vote for who will do the best job. During the last election I cautioned the fact that having the Executive Office and both house of Congress controlled by the same party would be nothing but a mess.

Guess what happened

Mark

Look at 2001-2006 the GOP thought this was great. Pretty much shoved every piece of legislation down our throats with the help of some spineless democrats. Who didn't want to be seen as unamerican as going against the GOP while we were at war. We are still at war the last time I checked and the GOP wouldn't piss down Obamas throat if his guts were on fire. This is the main reason where we are today.

James

Comment

[QUOTE=James P;285387]
                        The election in 2008 was an election for change. I am sure 2010 will also be an election for change and if things don't get better so will 2012.

Guess what happened

Mark

Look at 2001-2006 the GOP thought this was great. Pretty much shoved every piece of legislation down our throats with the help of some spineless democrats. Who didn't want to be seen as unamerican as going against the GOP while we were at war. We are still at war the last time I checked and the GOP wouldn't piss down Obamas throat if his guts were on fire. This is the main reason where we are today.

James
                        James, I think the actions of both parties over the last forty or so years are part of the reason our country is so messed up. We have to give credit to profit motivated capitalists who were shortsighted and went for the quick buck leaving us a dead society! We need to recognize the crooks on wall street and the trusting investors(myself included), for taking a chunk of our financial wealth that was distributed among many and ended up in the pockets of a select few! Let's not forget the folks who took on home mortgages and car loans they could not afford.

There is plenty of blame to go around, some falls on the republicans and democrats and some is shared by big business and we the people. I really can't blame communist china for playing a real life game of Monopoly, as we sold off all our holding and went into debt.

I'm a Union guy, but even I see the failing of state and city governments that granted contract after contract without a plan to make good. I believe we are in trouble on every imaginable level, and I can't figure out how any of this will work out for the good?

I think it's clear the two political parties are not going to work together for the good of the country and citizens. What will that lead to, will we see states and cities fall like dominos as the money runs out? How much longer can the federal government run on fumes as we pay for two wars and rebuild broken countries?

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post

James

Besides the fact I disagree with much of what you say are you suggestion the fact that you believe the GOP got us here gives Obama an excuse to push us further off the cliff?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post

James, I think the actions of both parties over the last forty or so years are part of the reason our country is so messed up. We have to give credit to profit motivated capitalists who were shortsighted and went for the quick buck leaving us a dead society! We need to recognize the crooks on wall street and the trusting investors(myself included), for taking a chunk of our financial wealth that was distributed among many and ended up in the pockets of a select few! Let's not forget the folks who took on home mortgages and car loans they could not afford.

There is plenty of blame to go around, some falls on the republicans and democrats and some is shared by big business and we the people. I really can't blame communist china for playing a real life game of Monopoly, as we sold off all our holding and went into debt.

I'm a Union guy, but even I see the failing of state and city governments that granted contract after contract without a plan to make good. I believe we are in trouble on every imaginable level, and I can't figure out how any of this will work out for the good?

I think it's clear the two political parties are not going to work together for the good of the country and citizens. What will that lead to, will we see states and cities fall like dominos as the money runs out? How much longer can the federal government run on fumes as we pay for two wars and rebuild broken countries?
                            Frank you are so right!
                            All those years of "Trickle Down Economics" have proven to us that only the Capitalists have benefited. Gravity failed it went uphill and never came back. The American Workers watched their 401-K retirement portfolio's fund corporate mergers at an unprecedented rate never before seen in corporate history. The problem was these corporations funded by our own money were run by boards with no face and soul empowered by our proxy voting fund managers made many decisions which included eviscerating the productive output of American Industry in the name of higher profits and higher returns for their funds. Our own money funded this!

The Capitalists lobbied for new rules on free trade, banking, insurance and many other areas of finance. Allowing greater freedom and profits, as our jobs and the security of our investments went by the wayside with the lessons of 1929 and the rules that helped prevent it from happening again were unraveled. Wall Street Shell Games wound up and money disappeared in derivatives, toxic assets and a host of other roll the dice shell games they created.

Then they come to the table for a government bailout to prop their game up.
                            This wasn't the final insult to the American worker!
                            The bailout funds disappeared in a shell game too and all we know is the executives that were responsible for getting us into the mess get millions of dollars in bonuses. In January AIG paid out $100,000,000 in bonuses to their executives then at the end of February announced $8.87 Billion 4th quarter loss and that they would need to return to the bailout feed trough for more nourishment.

The simple matter is both parties have failed us and they sure aren't going to do anything to fix it. The disenfranchised voters turning to the Tea bagger Pseudo Party aren't going to accomplish anything because they are just bringing in more of the same-o same-o... It is just another diversion while business continues as usual. A true third party is needed with a public that stops listening to the right left polarized media peeing on our backs and telling us it's raining.

As for Nancy Pelosi maybe the voters of California should do something about that. Frankly I wish California would keep its politicians and actors who become politicians out of my pocket. They have a habit of emptying my wallet.
                            Last edited by Redwood; 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM.

Comment

The voters of California cannot vote Pelosi out as only the 8th District (San Francisco) votes for her, where her approval rating is around 80%. No question she is here to stay.

Mark

Comment

I just had some Shrimp off the grill.

J.C.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X