Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter To My Congressman

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Just in case Big Brother is reading, we're just kidding. Heck the government is doing a great job, nothing to complain about, right guys? We all support the President's brilliant healthcare plan, couldn't be more pleased. Hey, the rising unemployment and increased debt to communist china, no biggie.
    Oh Oh Frank...
    When they look at my profile you probably won't be allowed to fly...
    Since you were talking to me...

About Redwood
    Biography
    N/A
    City, State
    Connecticut
    Interests
    Building suitcase nukes and WMD's in my basement work shop

Occupation
    Certified Lunatic

Why is that black helicopter hovering over my house?
    411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
      Oh Oh Frank...
      When they look at my profile you probably won't be allowed to fly...
      Since you were talking to me...

About Redwood
      Biography
      N/A
      City, State
      Connecticut
      Interests
      Building suitcase nukes and WMD's in my basement work shop

Occupation
      Certified Lunatic

Why is that black helicopter hovering over my house?
      Trust me, with all I've written I don't think I could get near an airport. They just keep sending cars around to watch me all day, think they got me fooled by using soccer Moms and delivery men instead of the usual feds.

Do like I do, make a hat out of aluminum foil to protect from the energy rays they are shooting at me. I suppose you think I'm nuts? Well, I haven't slept in days because that's when they get you and they're not getting me.

Comment

I think you guys are right.

What we will see is an increase in attacks such as the guy in Texas that flew his plane into the IRS office or, the Pentagon gunman...

They will be discounted as nut jobs...

Business will go on as usual in government.

At some point when things get bad enough, and the people are desperate enough there will be an incident that sparks a reaction. Much like Paul's midnight ride....
        And they should be discounted as nut jobs.

The result of those peoples actions is one innocent man is dead and two innocent men were shot. All three victims were simple doing their jobs and have suffered for it.

Yes people are frustrated. There is a difference between taking action and protesting against injustice and taking arms and inciting violence.

Coming from the right and groups like the tea party movement there is an increasing call for violence. As seen at the Conservative Political Action Conference(CPAC) even moderate conservatives have been using more and more violent imagery to attract attention and voters. To me this is dangerous. More innocent people will be hurt if the trend continues.

I believe we can make our country a better place without violence. I'd hope we can through reasoned debate and civil protest make our voices be heard and make our government work again for us.

Comment

First let me say I am not sure if you are trying to say the Pentagon gunman and the nut in Austin were from the Right because I feel they were both nuts to begin with. However, the one thing they had in common was their strong opposition to the wars in the Middle East. As such it doesn't seem as either would have been part of a conservative movement. The Left and the Right both have extremists and neither is better than the other.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            First let me say I am not sure if you are trying to say the Pentagon gunman and the nut in Austin were from the Right because I feel they were both nuts to begin with. However, the one thing they had in common was their strong opposition to the wars in the Middle East. As such it doesn't seem as either would have been part of a conservative movement. The Left and the Right both have extremists and neither is better than the other.

Mark
            Both seem to be independently nutty I did not mean to infer they were members of any one group. I had separate points.

They were nut jobs and who harmed innocents and should not be given anything equivalent to hero status.

The right of this country has been increasingly voicing violent rhetoric and anti government sentiment. So it should be of no surprise to them when people take the next step and move to violent action on their behalf.

I feel it is the responsibility of anyone in the public spotlight to discourage violent actions. I feel the right is failing to uphold that responsibility.

For instance after the suicide attack on the IRS building Steve King took it upon himself to empathize with the attacker and encouraged others to implode IRS offices. That behavior is condemnable yet he has gained popularity on the right for doing so.

Comment

I for one am not advocating violence, or behavior that leads to the death of innocent victims. The problem is that civil protest and debates don't seem to have the desired results, so when some nut job acts on his frustration or illness many folks sympatize.

We have a legitimate government in place, but the will of the people appears to be ignored repeatedly. I think that contradiction, that lack of government for and by the people is going to result in more unreasonable, illegal behavior.

Sure the folks killed or hurt by those nut jobs were innocent victims, very unfortunate events. Let's not forget the thousands of innocent, brave Americans killed or maimed in the USA, iraq and afghanistan, where is their justice? Where is the justice for all the familes of these victims?

Whatever we have been doing so far, working peacefully through the system has not worked. What further protests, meetings, debates or conversations will bring about the change we were promised, the change we need to survive?

I don't want to see anymore violence as a result of frustration with the government. I want honest politicians who will do what is right for the country, not their party. How do we get that much needed change peacefully?

Comment

I agree 100% Frank...

The longer the government fails to represent us the more of these nut jobs will appear.

History is full of uprisings and revolutions all of which had a government that failed to listen to the will of the people and all of which had many "nut job incidents" before the one that sparked change...
                411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I agree 100% Frank...

The longer the government fails to represent us the more of these nut jobs will appear.

History is full of uprisings and revolutions all of which had a government that failed to listen to the will of the people and all of which had many "nut job incidents" before the one that sparked change...
                  It wouldn't make a difference. Once the government starts listening "to the will of the people". The ones they were listening to will start their own nutjob tea party movement.
                  In short, you can't please everyone.

James

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                    It wouldn't make a difference. Once the government starts listening "to the will of the people". The ones they were listening to will start their own nutjob tea party movement.
                    In short, you can't please everyone.

James
                    James, I agree that you/they can't please everyone. Here on the Forum we each have our own wants, needs, priorities and idea of what is important.
                    I do think there should be some common ground when it comes to keeping the country safe and solvent, I just don't know how or if that can happen.

War to keep us safe from a real threat seems to make sense, but we still need to pay for it somehow. Legislators who work to keep businesses and jobs here, doesn't seem to much to ask. Honesty in government, too much to expect? Sure we won't all agree on healthcare, education, other spending issues, but let's start with some basics all can agree on.

Comment

Working...
                    X