don't look down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't look down

so this was my most daring stunt i did in new zealand a couple of months ago.

all i can say is the first leap. the video din't work, so i had to go back a few days later and leap faith all over again

630' in 11 seconds is pretty fast.

don't adjust your volume as there is none

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GW1ZqYRv4

p.s this is coming to vegas at the stratosphere in april

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: don't look down

I've been in faster elevators.
    Hit the silk at terminal velocity then I'll be impressed.

Comment

Hey Rick what's the deal with that pause after you first jumped off? It seemed like they kept you hanging for a bit.
      ________
      Vaporizer affiliate
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:44 PM.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
        Hey Rick what's the deal with that pause after you first jumped off? It seemed like they kept you hanging for a bit.
        I believe it is for the shock-value to those sitting in the restaurant below the platform.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

That I think I could do. It's kind of like half bungee jumping. Looks fun and scary.
          Bungee jumping just looks a little too intense and I'm just not that into pi$$ing my pants. I gave that up when I was 14
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

all i can say is the first leap. the video din't work, so i had to go back a few days later and leap faith all over again

rick.
            Now making the jump having a K-60 cradled under one arm would have been really impressive.
            ----Mike

Comment

rick.

You must be out of your mind!! My stomach couldn't watch it till the end

Comment

how fast was it coming down
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Photog View Post
                  Now making the jump having a K-60 cradled under one arm would have been really impressive.
                  ----Mike
                  honestly, i wanted to strap my little digital camera to myself and get a better picture with audio, but because you're above the sidewalk and people below, they check you with a metal detector to make sure no coins or jewelry to drop.

even their still camera that they take a couple shots with are double strapped to their body that's double safety lined to the platform.

by the way, 630' in 11 seconds

the way it works is with a decelerator? basically a large winch with multiple layers of cable. the winch drum is attached to an airplane propeller. as the drum free wheels the cable being longer on the outside wraps will spin the prop at a slower rpm, creating wind drag on the winch drum. as the cable gets unwound to lower cable wraps, the rpm on the winch speeds up, more wind drag.

at the final 50' or so, the winch has a big taper that gets the cable spinning the drum even faster, thus creating even more rpm's on the prop and this puts you into a stall. unfortunately the first time i jumped, they didn't' t tell me that the cable doesn't stop. i hit the mat with my "full glory"

i guess joey was pregnant before the jump

don't worry guys, they will have it vegas, 2 weeks after we leave
                  800' above the strip

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Don't know what would land first. Me or the $hit that got scared out of me.
                    I would do it. can't say I would not scream like a horrified baby the whole way down
                    Last edited by UnClogNH; 03-07-2010, 09:42 PM.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

honestly, i wanted to strap my little digital camera to myself and get a better picture with audio, but because you're above the sidewalk and people below, they check you with a metal detector to make sure no coins or jewelry to drop.

even their still camera that they take a couple shots with are double strapped to their body that's double safety lined to the platform.

by the way, 630' in 11 seconds

the way it works is with a decelerator? basically a large winch with multiple layers of cable. the winch drum is attached to an airplane propeller. as the drum free wheels the cable being longer on the outside wraps will spin the prop at a slower rpm, creating wind drag on the winch drum. as the cable gets unwound to lower cable wraps, the rpm on the winch speeds up, more wind drag.

at the final 50' or so, the winch has a big taper that gets the cable spinning the drum even faster, thus creating even more rpm's on the prop and this puts you into a stall. unfortunately the first time i jumped, they didn't' t tell me that the cable doesn't stop. i hit the mat with my "full glory"

i guess joey was pregnant before the jump

don't worry guys, they will have it vegas, 2 weeks after we leave
                      800' above the strip

rick.
                      First time I heard of anything like this was in the movie Entrapment. Didn't even know it was real.

That actually looks more like fun than scary to me. But I'm not on the ledge right now either.

J.C.

Comment

Nooo Thankyewwww!
                        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Having to jump off and hover like that before dropping must have been pretty freaky. My adrenaline kicked in just watching it from my couch!

Comment

Working...
                          X