X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Remedies and other types of Remedies

Well I posted this in another thread about what my girlfriend always told me the best ting for a cold/flu is. She always told me its best to get good and drunk on whiskey or Bourbon, then go to bed and sweat out the cold. The alcohol raises your temperature along with your fever helps kill the bug. This always worked for her. I tried it the other night, one thing I can say is I slept very well, and the cold symptoms are a bit better today.

So lets hear what remedies you all have for colds, hangovers, fevers and such.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Cold Remedies and other types of Remedies

Heavy doses of NyQuil for the flu Most of the time this knocks me out for 12 hours but once in a while it wires me up. I've been known to hallucinate on this medication

If it's just a head cold, I spend 30 minutes in the steam shower with Eucalyptis oil and Vick's Vaporub in the steamhead

Comment

I eat like a maniac, take whatever to knock me out, and ride the storm.

Real spicy stuff can help the throat and congestion some. Jalapeno's etc.

J.C.

Comment

Thank goodness it has been quiet this weekend. Giving me a chance to recover. Sometimes a slow down is a good thing.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Here is a remedy my grandfather used on me when I was young. I was staying at his house for a week, and I came ill with a bad stomach ache. He made me a hot tea with a teaspoon of honey in it and a half shot of blackberry brandy. He then told me to breath in the vapors and just take a few sips of the tea. I swear within minutes the stomach ache was gone in a flash.

There are many others like what to do if you burn yourself, cut yourself to stop the bleeding, other stomach ache remedies and so on, so lets see what you all got.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

excedrine is what i use for a cold. it gets me through the day. if it is slow then i sleep, sleep, oh and sleep. i usually only get sick once a year.
            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Working...
            X