X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cove

Just caught a bit of the Huckabee show on Fox. They had the director of a documentary called "The Cove" about japanese fishermen herding bottlenose dolphins into a cove and then killing them in the most cruel manner. They allow some to be taken for entertainment purposes and slaughter the rest for food. The water was completely red with blood and it was a sickening sight.

I know it's their culture and I'm an outsider, but it just seemed wrong.

Re: The Cove

Falls right in there with the clubbing of seals... I guess different cultures have their own cruelties, and certainly we have our share.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
      Falls right in there with the clubbing of seals... I guess different cultures have their own cruelties, and certainly we have our share.

CWS
      Yes, the seals don't have much of a chance either. I watched a video on dog slaughter houses in china a couple weeks ago. They interviewed one of the workers and he said this is our culture, we don't tell Americans not to kill cows. The dolphin thing was brutal.

Comment

There slaughtering the whale for science and now raping the seas for Tuna which are in decline and give us the finger when we object.

Tony

Comment

I bet the Huckster was enjoying the hell out of it.

One of his sons was into animal torture at a youth camp. Figure the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

James

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
            I bet the Huckster was enjoying the hell out of it.

One of his sons was into animal torture at a youth camp. Figure the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

James
            I take it you don't care for mr. huckabee? I found the information upsetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              I take it you don't care for mr. huckabee? I found the information upsetting.
              The Huckster is a good person. Don't care for his politics.

Bleeding heart conservatism. Makes Obama look like a neocon fascist.

Comment

Working...
              X