Beware...Phishing @ Ridgid Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware...Phishing @ Ridgid Forum

Got a E-Mail a few minutes ago stating that a Ridgid Member was wanting me to click on their website to scan for a virus detected on the forum.

This came through a European Buddy of ours E-Mail address.I'm sure they got mine through him.

Re: Beware...Phishing @ Ridgid Forum

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Got a E-Mail a few minutes ago stating that a Ridgid Member was wanting me to click on their website to scan for a virus detected on the forum.

This came through a European Buddy of ours E-Mail address.I'm sure they got mine through him.
    Can you post the email txt - with out the website link so we can all watch out for it. that would be super cool.

I mean to show us what the email looked like.

Also what was the "subject line" so I can set a spam filter

Comment

ben posted he wants to go fishing before the long beach trade show, but this is taking it a little extreme

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Fishing doesnt sound too bad. Hope the old outboard starts ok this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Good catch!

It happened on another forum I belong to as well - a few dozen folks (me included) got the pm. Apparently, this is quite popular right now. Potentially installs keyloggers and other malware.

Comment

Working...
          X