X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Alliance

Ok Spiffy, I read the article and on the face of it I think the information is factual. Still though, it seems that the concerts raised about 11 million and gave back around 400 thousand. No matter how you look at it, that's still 400 large donated to charity. How much have you donated? For that matter are there any "liberal" organizations that are donating to our service vets? And finally, do you have any idea what the profit margin on any concert is? Numbers is numbers.
    sigpic

Re: Freedom Alliance

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Ok Spiffy, I read the article and on the face of it I think the information is factual. Still though, it seems that the concerts raised about 11 million and gave back around 400 thousand. No matter how you look at it, that's still 400 large donated to charity. How much have you donated? For that matter are there any "liberal" organizations that are donating to our service vets? And finally, do you have any idea what the profit margin on any concert is? Numbers is numbers.
    A charity shouldn't have overhead of 95%. If I gave them $20, I don't expect $19 of them to be used for overhead.

In general, I don't much care for charity events. Putting on a concert is expensive, even if there are a bunch of people donating their time. Rather than promoting 9 concerts a year for however much they cost, the charity should just solicit donations.

Comment

Freedom Alliance spent more on postage than what was given out to the intended recipients.

As has been noted, their overhead is in the neighborhood of +95%. Not a very efficient charity.

If this is Hannity's idea of being a Great American, I'll pass. Cashing in on the injured war vets is beyond disgusting.

Comment

I didn't even bother to look at any of this, I just wanted to say conservatives and liberals got us into this mess! Every dirty trick the republicans have used when in power has been one upped by the democrats. Very disappointing. Beyond me how anyone can feel good about either side?

Comment

When will ya'll realize to not vote for any Democrat or Republican regardless of what they claim they will do or stand for?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I didn't even bother to look at any of this, I just wanted to say conservatives and liberals got us into this mess! Every dirty trick the republicans have used when in power has been one upped by the democrats. Very disappointing. Beyond me how anyone can feel good about either side?
            Yeah, you owed me one Franki. So now I'll ask what this has to do with Sean Hannity and the network that promotes him as a great American?

FOX News is not news, it is a partisan outlet. There is no debate about it.

I'm sure Hannity appeals to the base and seems like a good guy, but outside the bubble, among critical thinking people, Hannity as well as any other FOX pundit, is far from being a legitimate, reasoned voice. Thief, crook and liar, yes. Honest? Not by any measure.

As for one upmanship, the dems haven't treated the repubs with anything near the disdain and open hostility that was the hallmark of the repubs era of federal indictments and prison sentences.
            Last edited by SpiffPeters; 03-20-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
              Yeah, you owned me one Franki. So now I'll ask what this has to do with Sean Hannity and the network that promotes him as a great American?

FOX News is not news, it is a partisan outlet. There is no debate about it.

I'm sure Hannity appeals to the base and seems like a good guy, but outside the bubble, among critical thinking people, Hannity as well as any other FOX pundit, is far from being a legitimate, reasoned voice. Thief, crook and liar, yes. Honest? Not by any measure.

As for one upmanship, the dems haven't treated the repubs with anything near the disdain and open hostility that was the hallmark of the repubs era of federal indictments and prison sentences.
              Spiff, the dems haven't treated the American public or washington with much respect either. We were lied to about the change, about the new behavior in politics, in my opinion that makes them just as bad as the republicans. They both stink!

I still don't understand your obsession with Fox News? I get that you think it is one sided towards conservatives or republicans. I believe that and they admit that. I still think they do some impressive news coverage, that's my opinion. I dislike Beck and Hannity, I find O'Reilly very open and out there.

Spiff, my greatest concern is that you like most folks are smart enough to pick up on certain truths and discrepancies on the News and in the government, BUT, you miss the bigger picture. The bigger picture in my opinion is not cable News, or individual disgraced legislators, but our terminal economy. The end is growing closer and no one is putting on the brakes. We are engaged in pointless arguments, legislators are killing the clock with hearings on car company problems and steroids in sports. What about the urgent problems? When do they get attention?

Comment

So of Fox news is so bad, why does it have more viewers than all of the other networks combined? and which network, in you opinion is not biased? You complaing about Fox but not a word about MSNBC which is clearly in the pocket of the Obama administration. Hannity, Beck, OReilly have never touted themselves as news programs. They are what they are. If thats where you go for news then you might as well go to the daily show also.
                sigpic

Comment

So of Fox news is so bad, why does it have more viewers than all of the other networks combined? and which network, in you opinion is not biased? You complaing about Fox but not a word about MSNBC which is clearly in the pocket of the Obama administration. Hannity, Beck, OReilly have never touted themselves as news programs. They are what they are. If thats where you go for news then you might as well go to the daily show also.
                  I happen to watch both and between the rants and jokes there's a lot of thought provoking information. My beef is that with all this information about political wrong doing, dirty politics, lies and special agendas by both sides, we are still NO closer to a government that works for us! We are no closer to honest politicians who are trying to better the economy and country.How can Spiff demonize Fox News and defend liberal dems who are mirror images of the worst underhanded republicans? Just step back and observe their behavior, they are cut from the same cloth, no difference, no change, no hope to turn this train wreck around.

Comment

FOX News -Fair and Balanced, We Report, You Decide

MSNBC - The Place for Politics

Which one of the two is upfront about their objective? Which makes no allusion to being a news outlet?

MSNBC hands over three hours of their morning programing to Joe Scarborough, a former republican representative and a conservative. Would FOX News ever dream of handing over three hours of their morning programming to a liberal dem? Not so long as Roger Ailes is on the green side of the grass.

MSNBC is not available on our local basic cable package. And our market isn't the only one where this is the case. Why give something away when you can make money on it? Meanwhile, FOX News is in every basic cable package offering. FOX pundits have been caught playing fast and loose with the ratings reports more than once. Just because O'Reilly says it's so doesn't make it true. When I watch him, I am stunned at the number half truths, distortions and outright lies that he creates or perpetuates. He is far from a honest broker. Which explains why Hannity and Ollie North have a comfortable refuge from the real world.

PBS does a good job of reporting the news. And they also provide a proper analysis by having two, reasoned, reasonable, respectful persons looking at the story from two very different perspectives. Rather than trying to figure a way to blame the dems for why the Chinese won't revalue their currency, they offer substantive opinions based on facts.

The major network news is nothing more than softball journalism. They let our government march into a multi-trillion dollar obligation know as the middle east without so much as a response to the bully pulpit. They let the Valerie Plame scandal pass like a ship in the night. They didn't report on the scandal that was Tom Delay and Denny Hastert when they were blackmailing representatives into voting for Medicare Part D (which directly forbid medicare negotiating with pharma for lower cost prescription drugs), and the fact that the administration leaned on the Medicare actuary to lower the true cost of the program. The bill would never had passed the house had the true cost been revealed.

FOX News is nothing more than a propaganda channel. Good republicans watch FOX News.

I could go on and on about felonious, credit card republicans. But it would be pointless because a good republican likes their members of congress to be mean and nasty. Literally. The republicans were put in the minority for a number of reasons. To my way of thinking their best path back to majority is to start offfering ideas. Real ideas, not the three page overhaul of health care delivery system devoid of one single figure. Stop triangulating a return to power and be a responsible, reasonable, intelligent and honest minority party.

If the dems are so devoid of good ideas and intentions, then it is the repubs duty to offer a legitimate alternative. So far all I've seen is that if they don't get everything 100% their way, they're just going to do anything short of literally shutting down the whole system, ala Gingrinch.

I vote Green Party in all local elections. I would like to vote republican, but the republican party I agree with existed back in 1956. Read their platform. It's a real eye opener of how far down the fascist road we've traveled.
                    Last edited by SpiffPeters; 03-20-2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Spiff, the dems haven't treated the American public or washington with much respect either. We were lied to about the change, about the new behavior in politics, in my opinion that makes them just as bad as the republicans. They both stink!

I still don't understand your obsession with Fox News? I get that you think it is one sided towards conservatives or republicans. I believe that and they admit that. I still think they do some impressive news coverage, that's my opinion. I dislike Beck and Hannity, I find O'Reilly very open and out there.

Spiff, my greatest concern is that you like most folks are smart enough to pick up on certain truths and discrepancies on the News and in the government, BUT, you miss the bigger picture. The bigger picture in my opinion is not cable News, or individual disgraced legislators, but our terminal economy. The end is growing closer and no one is putting on the brakes. We are engaged in pointless arguments, legislators are killing the clock with hearings on car company problems and steroids in sports. What about the urgent problems? When do they get attention?
                      This is the best impersonation of Beck I've ever seen. http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/20...eck-parody.htm

O'Rielly wasn't very open about his sexual harrassment lawsuit.

Comment

Teabaggers. Gotta love 'em. Here they are, teabagging the liberal dems before they teabag them.
                        Last edited by SpiffPeters; 03-20-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Got to love ignorance.

Reminds me of my neighbor. He had his first heart attack in 2000. No medical insurance, he filed bankruptcy. In 2007 he was diagnosed with prostate cancer at the age of 68.Treatment payed for by medicare. He's now complaining about Obama's government run socialized health care system. Regular Faux News viewer.

James

Comment

As a young man, Mr. Smith fought in WWII. When he returned home from the war, he went to college under the GI Bill. Later, when he got married and decided to have a family, he and his wife secured a low interest loan through the government. As his family grew, he decided to start up his own business. He was able to secure another low interest loan from the Small Business Administration, a federal agency. In the early 60's, Medicare was created, assuring his parents would not want for health care in their later years. In the 1970's, the EPA was created and his grandchildren were able to breath clean air and drink clean water.

In 1980, Ronald Reagan ran for president of the United States. Mr. Smith, a life long democrat, voted Ronald Reagan. When asked by one of his children, he told them "Because I want to get the government out of my life."

I found the portion of the You Tube clip with the flag wearing couple revealing. They thought FOX was fair and balanced, and in the same sentence said FOX News gave them the kind of news they wanted to hear.

I did not know that a news outlet was obligated to provide the news you wanted to know.

And for the record, true flag loving patriots always observe flag etiquette.

Quote:
                            The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.

Just saying. Want to show how great of an American you are, wear a flag patch. Not a costume.
                            Last edited by SpiffPeters; 03-20-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                              This is the best impersonation of Beck I've ever seen. http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/20...eck-parody.htm

O'Rielly wasn't very open about his sexual harrassment lawsuit.
                              No, he sure wasn't open about that lawsuit. I was referring to the way he deals with topics discussed on the show. There are opposing viewpoints and he sometimes concedes, although very often these hosts talk over or cut short the oppostion. I still think wheter we watch Fox NEws or MSNBC, the truth about our economy and dysfunctional government is clear. We are constantly distracted and sidelined by all sorts of garbage, the latest celebrity to cheat, etc. Look at us here wasting time over O'reilly and Fox?
                              What's more important, the Americans dying and getting wounded in wars that should have stopped? Americans without jobs, losing their homes and healthcare, or O'reilly's sexual harassment lawsuit and Fox News? You figure it out, I'm disappointed and disgusted!

Comment

Working...
                              X