Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthcare is about to pass!!!! Whoot !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Healthcare is about to pass!!!! Whoot !!!

Here's the deal for me folks, and maybe I was taught all wrong, you tell me after reading this, and this is just my opinion and off course you have a right to your opinions as well. So here goes....

My mom is a school teacher and my dad is a police officer.

They always taught me to always respect the troops, the military and the commander in chief who is the President.

So when my President, who is also the commander in chief of many folks, tells me its going be okay, well then, I am okay with that,

So what if its more taxes.....its not like folks are switching to Sanka instead of $6 coffees...because the nation is poor, we are far from poor my friends, .........

If you got $6 for a Starbucks you got money for more taxes.

And also like I said, its the Presidents plan, not like its some random guy....

If I cannot trust the commander in chief / President, who then can I trust?

OH and BTW - Not to be rude or anything, how come no one here has ran for a seat in congress, the senate, local office?

If everyone can do so much better ...well then step up......its a free country,......come on run for something and make a difference, just sitting on a forum crying doesn't change anything........but I still love ya all and respect your opinions, we just seem to share different ones....

BTW WAY WAY - If I made 88K a year I would be rich!

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
      Here's the deal for me folks, and maybe I was taught all wrong, you tell me after reading this, and this is just my opinion and off course you have a right to your opinions as well. So here goes....

They always taught me to always respect the troops, the military and the commander in chief who is the President.

So when my President, who is also the commander in chief of many folks, tells me its going be okay, well then, I am okay with that,

So what if its more taxes.....its not like folks are switching to Sanka instead of $6 coffees...because the nation is poor, we are far from poor my friends, .........

OH and BTW - Not to be rude or anything, how come no one here has ran for a seat in congress, the senate, local office?

If everyone can do so much better ...well then step up......its a free country,......come on run for something and make a difference, just sitting on a forum crying doesn't change anything........but I still love ya all and respect your opinions, we just seem to share different ones....

Remember this: Blind faith in your leaders can harm you and even get you killed.

The founders of the country made precautions as best they could to allow the masses to question the powers that be and even bear arms against tyranny if necessary.

I cannot say that Health Care Reform in it's current state will be beneficial to the average American. I'll have to learn more and see the final effects. Those that are very much against it should remember that it's not the end of things.
      It's still America. Whatever the government comes up with can be changed, removed, and/or ratified. More trouble and wastes of time and money of course. But it can be done.

I tend to think the whole thing came about because of the insurance companies, unethical attorneys, pharmaceutical companies, and others similarly involved causing ever increasing premiums constantly outrunning the annual increase in wages for the average American. Just a matter of time before it begins imploding. Add that to the fact that it is NOT participating in the traditional Capitalist model of competition and supply/demand and you get where we are now.

Good or bad, it will put more Americans attention on it and hopefully gain improvements in the future as a result.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Remember this: Blind faith in your leaders can harm you and even get you killed.

J.C.
        I don't understand what that means, could you give me an example or a reference to help me, sorry never heard that phrase.,

Comment

I don't understand what that means, could you give me an example or a reference to help me, sorry never heard that phrase.,
          I believe I first heard it from Springsteen.

To me it means to not be afraid to challenge authority. I don't necessarily follow the belief of "If I can't trust the Commander in Chief, then who can I trust?"

A Commander in Chief can make a drastic mistake just as you or I could.

J.C.

Comment

I believe I first heard it from Springsteen.

To me it means to not be afraid to challenge authority. I don't necessarily follow the belief of "If I can't trust the Commander in Chief, then who can I trust?"

A Commander in Chief can make a drastic mistake just as you or I could.

J.C.

Ah, okay, I see what your saying....

I always enjoy these threads, so many views, lots of info,

Even if I am wrong most of the time, I still learn a bunch.

Thanks for taking the time out to explain that to me

Comment

Does the guy tell the truth?
              has he keep his promises?
              To you want to have the country go the way he thinks, his philosophy of rule?
              Do you agree of the government taking over of private enterprise?

respecting the office is one thing.

Agreeing with the person and following blindly just because he holds the office is stupid.

I will just ask, Did you believe ever thing Bush said? Were you willing to just follow him blindly?

It doesn't matter who is in the office, you should think for your self, and try to find the truth out, look between the lines and speeches, look at what they do, not what they say, (remember they all have great speech writers, and can all spin the things so they sort of sound like what you want to hear), but what do they do and what do they mean,
              one of the oldest tricks in the book is to change the definitions of the words used,
              to use flowery titles, that are total deceptive to what the rest holds,
              both party's use tricks,

(I have more in favor with the republicans, but few if any of the current has given me much to respect in standing for what they have said they believe in),

yes the current bill will reform the health care industry and the nation, but is it what is needed, no one is denying that there need some reform,
              but is this massive take over the AMERICAN WAY, or is it a good way or is it the best way?

(if you read the post,
              http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31555
              I think if you down load the health care bill and read the 2000 pages of it you will see that what is being said in the Washington times article, has much truth in it, some quotes for the Washington times.
              I've been saying in this space for two years that the governmentalization of health care is the fastest way to a permanent left-of-center political culture. It redefines the relationship between the citizen and the state in fundamental ways that make limited government all but impossible. ...

Obamacare represents the government annexation of "one-sixth of the U.S. economy" - i.e., the equivalent of the entire British or French economy, or the entire Indian economy twice over. Nobody has ever attempted this level of centralized planning for an advanced society of 300 million people. ...

Because government health care is not about health care, it's about government.
              If you want government control of your life and your kids life from birth to death, then rejoice.
              Last edited by BHD; 03-20-2010, 11:11 PM.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                Does the guy tell the truth?
                has he keep his promises?
                To you want to have the country go the way he thinks, his philosophy of rule?
                Do you agree of the government taking over of private enterprise?

respecting the office is one thing.

Agreeing with the person and following blindly just because he holds the office is stupid.

I will just ask, Did you believe ever thing Bush said? Were you willing to just follow him blindly?

It doesn't matter who is in the office, you should think for your self, and try to find the truth out, look between the lines and speeches, look at what they do, not what they say, (remember they all have great speech writers, and can all spin the things so they sort of sound like what you want to hear), but what do they do and what do they mean,
                one of the oldest tricks in the book is to change the definitions of the words used,
                to use flowery titles, that are total deceptive to what the rest holds,
                both party's use tricks,

(I have more in favor with the republicans, but few if any of the current has given me much to respect in standing for what they have said they believe in),

yes the current bill will reform the health care industry and the nation, but is it what is needed, no one is denying that there need some reform,
                but is this massive take over the AMERICAN WAY, or is it a good way or is it the best way?

(if you read the post,
                http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31555
                I think if you down load the bill and read the 2000 pages of it you will see that what is being said in the Washington times article,

If you want government control of your life and your kids life from birth to death, then rejoice.
                And I'd like to add that there seems to be an imbalance in that the Health Care industry should not be one sixth of the U.S. economy.

That seems to scream of a problem in the private sector. No?

J.C.

Comment

Your local church is a good place to start.

Comment

The founders of the country made precautions as best they could to allow the masses to question the powers that be and even bear arms against tyranny if necessary.

I cannot say that Health Care Reform in it's current state will be beneficial to the average American. I'll have to learn more and see the final effects. Those that are very much against it should remember that it's not the end of things.
                    It's still America. Whatever the government comes up with can be changed, removed, and/or ratified. More trouble and wastes of time and money of course. But it can be done.

I tend to think the whole thing came about because of the insurance companies, unethical attorneys, pharmaceutical companies, and others similarly involved causing ever increasing premiums constantly outrunning the annual increase in wages for the average American. Just a matter of time before it begins imploding. Add that to the fact that it is NOT participating in the traditional Capitalist model of competition and supply/demand and you get where we are now.

Good or bad, it will put more Americans attention on it and hopefully gain improvements in the future as a result.

J.C.
                    Oh I agree 100% that blind faith can get you killed...

Nobody knows it better than the 4,386 US Troops, 179 UK Troops, and 139 Troops from other coalition nations that got the ride home from Iraq in a flag draped box since the "Mission Accomplished" occurred.

After we blundered into a country on innuendos of it being a haven for terrorism and chock full of WMD's. With an amazing percentage of our informed voting public's "Blind Trust" thinking Iraq was responsible for 9/11...

We have succeeded in creating the ultimate quagmire and upset the stability of the entire region creating a mess that if we pulled out today would ensure an even bigger mess...

Al this happening while diverting resources from Afghanistan and the pursuit of the ones who really were responsible for 911. That in itself was a hard enough task after all doesn't anyone recall the bankrupting of the USSR from their incursion into Afghanistan?

Well the skinny is that this has cost us enough money that we could have had the best health care in the world for for what we have wasted on an unnecessary war in Iraq and yes people without jobs in our failing economy without health care are dying just as our troops are...

Blind Trust Kills but I for one am ready to see where this change takes us...
                    It can't be any worse than where we have been lately...
                    411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I`ve been reading the views of this forum for two years now and it has been vary informative and the impression I get is you care more about every other country but your own you spend monies in the billions bankrupting yourselves in the process that should be spent on the American people but your governmnets of both persuasions play you off one aganinst the other and all the countries that have taken your monies couldn`t give a dam just look at the lastest Israel and how they have pis..ed in your face gee with friends like these who needs enemies.

Tony

Comment

It's not up to you to tell me how much money I need.

How about when you increase my taxes, I'm more likely to have to lay off my babysitter. Or if you increase my taxes, I'm not gonna buy a car. Even that $6 coffee provides local employment. The coffee isn't what costs $6 (or even $1-2 when you buy it at McDonald's or a deli), it is the person behind the counter.

Comment

That's true, but the plan here is to pass something that is impractical to repeal, at least in any quick manner. We could get rid of social security, but of course it is impractical (and unethical) to get rid of it for current retirees or even people close. That means we're going to have to pay into two systems for a while, or just cut benefits to the point where it becomes meaningless.

I pretty much know that in 40 years I'll get nothing of consequence, but in the mean time I am losing 15% of my income (including the employer's share). This is why I always hope the COLA is small, so I don't have to pay as much.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            I`ve been reading the views of this forum for two years now and it has been vary informative and the impression I get is you care more about every other country but your own you spend monies in the billions bankrupting yourselves in the process that should be spent on the American people but your governmnets of both persuasions play you off one aganinst the other and all the countries that have taken your monies couldn`t give a dam just look at the lastest Israel and how they have pis..ed in your face gee with friends like these who needs enemies.

Tony
                            Hard to argue your post Tony. We go deeper into debt with communist china to pay for wars that result in American flag draped coffins, and disabled brave young Americans. We will continue to argue with eachother and take turns electing the two political parties that are in part responsible for the mess we are in.

Comment

The whole thing is such a sham.. You have a whole lot of folks, paying high insurance premiums that are in favor of the bill because they want their payments to decrease ( ya, right) in the meantime, someone has to pick up that cost. Who do you suppose that will be? It will be you of course. It's just another shell game that's all. The bill cuts medicare payments to doctors so the good ones will go to private practice and we will fill their places with less experienced doctors from India Pakistan and Nigeria. The big bad insurance companies will still be there too. Only now they will be underwritten by you and me, the taxpayer. The entire bill is a mess that will once again put millions if not billions into the pockets of the people that got Obama ( and others ) elected. There is no doubt that we need reform, but congress is unwilling to look to those places that would have the biggest cost effect and that would be limiting liability and getting the lawyers out of the system. This bill has nothing to do with yur governments concern over your health or health care. It has everything to do with power and money. Billions of dollars of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Respecting the office is one thing but you have to use your own common sense when it comes to trusting the plan. Consider part of the way they are paying for the new plan is by saving $500,000,000,000 from fraud, waste and abuse of Medicare. This means one of two things, either there really is $500,000,000,000 of fraud, waste and abuse of Medicare and the President has ignored it for the last 14-months or we will have to find an additional $500,000,000,000 to pay for the new plan.

As far as so what if it's more taxes, don't believe for a minute this will not affect you because you make less than $88,000 a year. Every business out there that is now going to have to pay more money, will have to figure out where to offset those costs. They will do it by laying people off and by increasing the costs to the consumers. An example is here on the site where many had to add surcharges or increase their rates when fuel cost went up.

As far as running for office, we have a representative government and that is what those we elect are for. My Congressman is doing exactly as I would hope for and it would not make sense to run against him. We cannot all be politicians but we can all vote for those we feel will do things we would want to happen.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X