Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthcare is about to pass!!!! Whoot !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Healthcare is about to pass!!!! Whoot !!!

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    The bill cuts medicare payments to doctors
    I'd love to see some factual information on that claim.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      The question now is how will this affect the 253,000,000 who already have coverage and what happens to the 17,000,000 who will still not have coverage.

According to a Democrat who was interviewed this morning, if your family of four makes over $88,000 a year your rates will go up. If you make under $88,000 per year with your family of four your rates will go down. They will go down because the government will now subsidize the cost of your insurance. We all know where the government will get the money to subsidize don't we.

Mark
      What % of this number are already on public plan? Medicare, medicaid, etc...

James

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post

James
        I haven't had health insurance in 10 years,......

So put me on the UNINSURED LIST

Comment

James
          I haven't the slightest idea but I know their cost is not factored into the additional $940,000,000,000 we will spend to cover the new 30,000,000 (10%) people who will be added to the system.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I haven't the slightest idea but I know their cost is not factored into the additional $940,000,000,000 we will spend to cover the new 30,000,000 (10%) people who will be added to the system.

Mark
            Hey Mark,

You are a really smart guy, I know that cause I have known you for a while.

And I have nothing but the utmost respect for you

So with that said,

Can you tell me how much we have spent on the Iraq war so far ?
            (being serious, not starting trouble)

Also - how much in $$$ does it cost each month to still be in war?

If you don't know that's fine, and it someone else is reading this and wants to answer those two questions I would like to know the answers.

Here's the questions:

Good thread guys, lots of great points on both sides

Comment

the bill is online, you can read it there
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                I haven't had health insurance in 10 years,......

So put me on the UNINSURED LIST
                Maybe your time has come to get covered. I'll say a prayer for you.

I've had private insurance my whole life. It was pretty good up until 1983. Overpriced and underinsured since then.
                I've made a second career fighting with hospitals, doctors & insurance companies.

James

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Unfortunately, we can't afford to pay for the war either, that's why we are in debt to communist china!
                  China is the largest foreign nation holding of our deb with Japan a not too distant second.

Here is a chart.

But the largest holder of the national debt is the Social Security Trust Fund. $2.5 trillion and counting.
                  Last edited by SpiffPeters; 03-21-2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Maybe your time has come to get covered. I'll say a prayer for you.

I've had private insurance my whole life. It was pretty good up until 1983. Overpriced and underinsured since then.
                    I've made a second career fighting with hospitals, doctors & insurance companies.

James

I had health insurance when I was younger and more employable.

Once I had my nervous breakdown in 2003 from my Bi-polar which I had since a kid , it became impossible to find someone that wanted to insure me , in fact in became impossible to find someone to hire me, but that's another story. I could have bought health insurance at some super high price that would have taken my whole paycheck but then I would have no food

When I was plumbing for the shop I was making $17 an hour x 40 hours a week, and had kids and a wife. They wanted like 2k a month for the insurance ......do the math......yea, I was screwed.....hell, I still owe a hospital 18k from that nervous breakdown

So its hard,..... I am not sure how this bill is going to really work out, but the no pre-existing condition thing is going to help me from what I understand.

Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. I will also keep you in mine,

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      the bill is online, you can read it there
                      Yeah sure is. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:@@@L&summ2=m&

Could you kindly point out where in the bill it
                      cuts medicare payments to doctors
                      If there are any claims you doubt my honesty on concerning the bill I'll happily do the same for you.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                        Yeah sure is. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:@@@L&summ2=m&

Could you kindly point out where in the bill it

If there are any claims you doubt my honesty on concerning the bill I'll happily do the same for you.

He won't be able to, let me tell you why, and also a visual below.

I just used the "mass find" feature tool built into Firefox with my MAC and "no phrase found" on that whole entire bill...

Here's proof:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                          Hey Mark,

You are a really smart guy, I know that cause I have known you for a while.

And I have nothing but the utmost respect for you

So with that said,

(being serious, not starting trouble)

If you don't know that's fine, and it someone else is reading this and wants to answer those two questions I would like to know the answers.

Here's the questions:

Good thread guys, lots of great points on both sides
                          In the last 9-years we have spent $713,000,000,000 in Iraq. Part of that would have been spent with or without the war as we already had forces there supporting the cease fire agreement. The result of the Iraq war is we have help to stabilize what was one of the more terrorist nations in the Middle East. Iraq no longer pays a bounty to have Israelis citizens murdered in shopping squares. Rape rooms and torture chambers are no longer in use in Iraq. Iraq no longer claims Kuwait as part of their territory.

Things are not perfect in Iraq and many mistakes were made related to Iraq but you cannot equate Iraq with the Health Care Bill. Can you imagine what the cost of oil would be today if Saddam had followed through on many of his plans. Some say the war was not about oil but we are so dependant on Middle East oil we definitely have a vested interest in it. We will never be free from the hold the Middle East has on us until we are allowed to expand drill in the US.

As for the cost of this Health Care plan, it has already been pointed out the cost is $940,000,000,000 across the next ten years. However, what is not always pointed out is that only pays for about six years of that program. The taxes and costs go into affect as soon as the Bill passes. The majority of the program will not start for four more years.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

In the last 9-years we have spent $713,000,000,000 in Iraq. Part of that would have been spent with or without the war as we already had forces there supporting the cease fire agreement. The result of the Iraq war is we have help to stabilize what was one of the more terrorist nations in the Middle East. Iraq no longer pays a bounty to have Israelis citizens murdered in shopping squares. Rape rooms and torture chambers are no longer in use in Iraq. Iraq no longer claims Kuwait as part of their territory.

Things are not perfect in Iraq and many mistakes were made related to Iraq but you cannot equate Iraq with the Health Care Bill. Can you imagine what the cost of oil would be today if Saddam had followed through on many of his plans. Some say the war was not about oil but we are so dependant on Middle East oil we definitely have a vested interest in it. We will never be free from the hold the Middle East has on us until we are allowed to expand drill in the US.

As for the cost of this Health Care plan, it has already been pointed out the cost is $940,000,000,000 across the next ten years. However, what is not always pointed out is that only pays for about six years of that program. The taxes and costs go into affect as soon as the Bill passes. The majority of the program will not start for four more years.

Mark
                            Thanks Mark,

To start, ya, I don't have the energy to debate which cost more or what was worth what, I was just wondering the number as I like numbers more then politics

BUT - Where I do 100% agree with you is that 4 year stuff.....

What the deal with that PAY FOR 10, ONLY get 6 years...

That's kinda a raw deal.....

but hey, thanks for the nice response/S. Thant was super cool of you!

Even if I don't get health-care, I am getting one hell of an education reading all these threads.

Comment

Mark
                              And now let's do a comparison of costs between the Health Care Reform and the bailout of the automakers and those m'fers on Wall Street.

J.C.

Comment

But Iran still pays a bounty, and without Iraq occupying them they have even more resources to devote to disrupting the middle east.

I would rather pay $5/gallon for gas than prop up some middle east country for OPEC. We are subsidizing low cost fuel via our military.

Spare me the humanitarian angle on our mission over there. If we hadn't started a war with a nation that had nothing to do with 9/11 (which was the narrative all along in the build up), millions of Iraqi citizens would not be displaced, hundred of thousands of Iraqi's would not be dead and America's finest would be available for more pressing concerns. We've killed more Iraqis than Sadam ever dreamed of.

We went there for oil, pure and simple. North Korea is a more pressing humanitarian need. Darfur, Maynmar and Somalia would be better places to export our 'values' if that were indeed the mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X