Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pills?

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    You think that Bidet can help me with my Athletic Fungus.

I mean...You got a optional footwash package.

How bout my bad tooth?
    Rick and his Bride are using a toilet seat bidet now. There is a chance they might dislike it and disprove everything I have said about them!

How many of you guys are hoping they say it didn't work? Or it does a bad job? Who is hoping they do not recommend them and start using toilet paper again?

No it won't cure athletes foot or fix your bad tooth.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      When you quit using toilet paper you realize how much damage it is doing to our bodies at any age Frank. When you get limited range of motion and have to have someone use toilet paper for you. you realize how much damage it does to your self esteem.

Frank it isn't the proximity of the opening that make them prone to UTI's. It is the use of toilet paper. We have cured plenty of cronic UTI's just by using water.
      I am willing to concede that you know your business, and the use of a bidet has helped a number of women with this problem. I repsectfully submit that the occurance of U.T.I.'s is much more complex and not resolvable by the use of a bidet alone. I hope I can make my point without upsetting anyone so here goes. We don't live in Eden and walk around naked, the warmth of undergarments and the sweat and discharge produced by a woman's body is an incubator for bacteria and germs. So the problem goes beyond good or great hygene and cleaning after using the toilet. There is also the introduction of bacteria during sex, and unless we restrict ourselves to a very limited position and use plenty of anitbacterial wash, the problem remains a constant.

A woman's vagina has been referred to as a self cleaning oven of sorts. Intercourse, douches, fragrant soaps and certain clothing, along with illness and age can and do upset that wonder of God and nature. I agree that the use of the bidet is a good idea when available, but to say it can be a cure all is in my opinion overstepping.

Getting back to vitaimns and supplements for a moment, I think they may be of some help and I take them hoping they will be of benefit. I would not claim they will work wonders, or replace good, healthy eating, exercise and a lifestyle low in stress. Used in combination, things like the bidet, supplements, regular exercise and sensable eating, can in my opinion ward off a lot of health problems. Why not do all you can to help your health?

Comment

Back to the OP - There is no magic pill. Sorry, but the reality is that good health is a lifestyle choice, or choices.

For me, I don't look at food as something that fills me up when I am hungry. Food is nothing more than fuel for my body. I've seen plenty of gear heads baby their hot rods with only the highest octane fuel, highest grade lubricants and polishes and waxes. Then they sit down and eat a Whopper in three bites chased with a Big Gulp cola and a fist full of french fries. Getting the analogy yet?

Your diet and activity level bare a greater relationship to your overall well being than any pill.

You don't have to be a vegetarian, although that diet is extremely healthy. and you don't have to do an hour of cardio workouts every day of the week.

What you should do is carefully consider what you are consuming and try to be active throughout the day and get a good nights sleep.

It's all about lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          I am willing to concede that you know your business, and the use of a bidet has helped a number of women with this problem. I repsectfully submit that the occurance of U.T.I.'s is much more complex and not resolvable by the use of a bidet alone.

but to say it can be a cure all is in my opinion overstepping.

How about this. it should be the 1st thing tried for hemorrhoids , U.T.I.s, incontinence and people with limited range of motion that can't reach to wipe. Not thousands of dollars on doctors or pills or drugs or surgery

Comment

I don't usually use our bidet (I kind of think of it as a big annoying thing in our master bath that came with the house, or an extra seat while watching the kids take a bath); but when I had a stomach virus it was really much better than having to wipe.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              I don't usually use our bidet (I kind of think of it as a big annoying thing in our master bath that came with the house, or an extra seat while watching the kids take a bath); but when I had a stomach virus it was really much better than having to wipe.
              Now think about having that bidet right on your toilet seat. No getting up to wash. I have never tried a separate bidet. I can only speak for toilet seat bidets. They are not big or annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Good post and some valid points made. I won't get into how, but I happen to know quite a bit about women and U.T.I.'s. Proximity of openings on their bodies make them prone to e-coli finding it's way into the bladder. Once e-coli takes root, even with antibiotics it is very hard to get rid of, but there are some things that can help. There is a product called D-Mannose which is a sugar that acts like cranberry juice extract and makes the walls of the bladder very slippery, so that the e-coli is washed out of the bladder. It must be taken on a daily basis. I think a bidet is a great idea, helps to get clean and stay clean, because as we get older our immune system can't fight the way it could when we are young.

Oh come on, I'm trying to eat dinner here
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  Oh come on, I'm trying to eat dinner here
                  I'm just giving the facts, like Joe Friday on Dragnet. I'm fascinated by the human body, especialy the female ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X