Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American pickers , history channel

Our favorite TV show. Anyone else ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: American pickers , history channel

I enjoy it along with pawn stars and axe men and loggers. I like the pickers and pawn shop guys because they expose the hidden treasures of yesteryears Well made toys, signs, and household items, we just don't have anymore in our disposable palstic society. Those guys really know their stuff, what's treasure and what's junk even they get had once in a while.

I like the way the picker guys will soften up a person who has a lot of "things" to see if they will part with a few or if they just keep collecting. What happens to all those acres, barns, rooms, filled with stuff when those folks pass away? It's a wonder we are not buried by all our stuff! Then again there's the hoarder program, now that's scary stuff.
    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 03-23-2010, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Love it.

Comment

Thanks Frank . We watched our last pawn stars last night. They take sick advantage of folks down on their luck. It gets upsetting. I understand profit , but they go into greed.
        Pickers is a class act! We've seen them give more than asked once!
        Most tv is garbage. Pickers is refreshing.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Thanks Frank . We watched our last pawn stars last night. They take sick advantage of folks down on their luck. It gets upsetting. I understand profit , but they go into greed.
          Pickers is a class act! We've seen them give more than asked once!
          Most tv is garbage. Pickers is refreshing.

That's their business. The Pawn Stars actually pay more than the pawn shops in this area. Most pawn shops pay between 10&20% of the actual value of the item.

If I was a greedy, heartless bastard I would be in the pawn business.

With ebay and other online auction sites I can't believe anyone sells to pawn shops.

I visit pawn shops looking for tools, but most of the time they want retail+ for their junk.

James
          Last edited by James P; 03-23-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Back in the 90's they used to have a show called "Antique Roadshow" that got alot of people out scavenging second hand sale.

Comment

We like Pickers.
              I've been looking for an older model Mack so I've been slowing down at homes with a lot of equipment/junk. Lately I've eying the out buildings etc thinking hmmmm.....
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                That's their business. The Pawn Stars actually pay more than the pawn shops in this area. Most pawn shops pay between 10&20% of the actual value of the item.

If I was a greedy, heartless bastard I would be in the pawn business.

With ebay and other online auction sites I can't believe anyone sells to pawn shops.

I visit pawn shops looking for tools, but most of the time they want retail+ for their junk.

James
                I too like the same shows....Pawn Stars, Loggers, Ax Men, Pickers, etc.

Ive never gone into a Pawn Shop for tools. I hear of people that get good/great deals, but I just cant bring myself to it. Funny thing about Pawn Stars: they had an episode where they needed to clean out the back room of stuff, if you see that episode and look in the background of one of the scenes, you see a brand new Ridgid boxed tool, pretty sure its a circ saw.

Gave me a laugh when I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                  I too like the same shows....Pawn Stars, Loggers, Ax Men, Pickers, etc.

Ive never gone into a Pawn Shop for tools. I hear of people that get good/great deals, but I just cant bring myself to it. Funny thing about Pawn Stars: they had an episode where they needed to clean out the back room of stuff, if you see that episode and look in the background of one of the scenes, you see a brand new Ridgid boxed tool, pretty sure its a circ saw.

Gave me a laugh when I saw it.
                  I used to find good deals before pawn shop owners became internet savy.

I saw the episode you're talking about. I remember some DeWalt items, didn't catch the Ridgid items.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Back in the 90's they used to have a show called "Antique Roadshow" that got alot of people out scavenging second hand sale.
                    Still on PBS here every Sat. evening @6PM. Never miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                      We like Pickers.
                      I've been looking for an older model Mack so I've been slowing down at homes with a lot of equipment/junk. Lately I've eying the out buildings etc thinking hmmmm.....
                      Saw what looks like an old Mack in a field today. It's in Sonoma Ca. Want a Picture ?

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Saw what looks like an old Mack in a field today. It's in Sonoma Ca. Want a Picture ?
                        Nope. What I want is a Front leaf spring set, front brake limiter, all running lights on cab and a wiring guy would be nice to.

Spent 3 hrs yesterday chasing down an intermittent wire problem with the running and work lights.
                        Come to think of it, because of said wire problem the rage took over for a bit so I'm now I'm in need of a instrument panel for the heater controls
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                          Nope. What I want is a Front leaf spring set, front brake limiter, all running lights on cab and a wiring guy would be nice to.

Spent 3 hrs yesterday chasing down an intermittent wire problem with the running and work lights.
                          Come to think of it, because of said wire problem the rage took over for a bit so I'm now I'm in need of a instrument panel for the heater controls
                          Turned wrenches for Years. My vote Bad ground! Especially on older Rusty vehicles.

Also, A good TRUCK SPRING SHOP .will re-arch existing springs. Had it done years ago
                          LIKE NEW

Comment

Working...
                          X