Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthcare IS NOW LAW!!!

Health-care IS NOW LAW!!!

Awesome

This will help me and my family a lot, I have a disabled child who is four years old and this helps us so much,

Its about time we had some change,

"All men are created equal"

GO - GO USA~~~~
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Re: Healthcare IS NOW LAW!!!

That is awesome!

I too worry about working all my life and changing jobs then being denied coverage for a pre-existing condition.

It's not right!
    411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I actually have a pre-existing condition as well.

BUT - I am still young so I can try to work as hard as I can, that helps but if i was like 50 0r 60, It would be a lot harder I would imagine , so ya, awesome stuff right here,

But ya, so many will totally get help now,

PLUS - NO CAPS which is awesome as well too,

the health care bill
      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

So how does this help? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I honestly don't know hardly anything about the bill itself, who it helps and what it does.

I myself will not have health insurance in the next month. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ooter View Post
          So how does this help? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I honestly don't know hardly anything about the bill itself, who it helps and what it does.

I myself will not have health insurance in the next month. Any advice?

No caps on pay outs if your sick,

You can now get insurance and not be denied because of a pre-existing conditions,

Kids can now stay on there parents plan until 26 years of age

You can see the whole bill online or call your local county health department and they can tell you more about the benefits that are in your area as well.

Sorry to hear your loosing your health care, BTW how come no insurance next month?

Comment

I would not be getting so excited just yet, most of the provisions do not kick in for 4 years, but the taxes do, is what I have heard, and there seems to be some confusion on what exactly the preexisting conditions and who is covered and not covered
            below is a AP (Associated Press) story,
            http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...7rN-AD9EKTKIG0 below is just the first three paragraphs of the story, the date on the story was yesterday,
            WASHINGTON — Hours after President Barack Obama signed historic health care legislation, a potential problem emerged. Administration officials are now scrambling to fix a gap in highly touted benefits for children.

Obama made better coverage for children a centerpiece of his health care remake, but it turns out the letter of the law provided a less-than-complete guarantee that kids with health problems would not be shut out of coverage.

Under the new law, insurance companies still would be able to refuse new coverage to children because of a pre-existing medical problem, said Karen Lightfoot, spokeswoman for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, one of the main congressional panels that wrote the bill Obama signed into law Tuesday.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
              I would not be getting so excited just yet, most of the provisions do not kick in for 4 years, but the taxes do, is what I have heard, and there seems to be some confusion on what exactly the preexisting conditions and who is covered and not covered
              http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...7rN-AD9EKTKIG0 below is just the first three paragraphs of the story, the date on the story was yesterday,

Hell let us bask in the glory for a moment.

Isn't there a Glen Beck hand wringing forum you can go to?

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                Hell let us bask in the glory for a moment.

Isn't there a Glen Beck hand wringing forum you can go to?
                Hey James, bask away and hope it all works out for the good. I think this and more could have been done differently, but onward and upward to other things.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                  5 key things to remember about health care reform

Source:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/03/25...ex.html?hpt=C1

1. Health insurance companies can't discriminate against you because you have a pre-existing condition.

In the meantime, if you have a pre-existing condition, starting in 90 days you should be able to join a national high-risk pool, according to Linda Blumberg, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute. She also recommends finding out whether your state has an existing state high-risk pool. Here is contact information for the 35 states that have high-risk pools from the National Association of State Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans.

2. Young people can remain on parents' insurance until age 26.
                  The health care reform legislation requires insurance companies to allow dependent children to stay on their parents' insurance policies until age 26. The children can't have jobs that offer insurance, and they must be claimed as dependents on their parents' taxes.

3. You could get a subsidy to buy insurance if you make less than $88,000 per year for a family of four.

Starting in 2014, the health care reform bill provides subsidies for people who don't get insurance from their employers and therefore have to buy it on their own. The size of the subsidy depends on your income, whether you're single or have a family, your age, and where you live.

4. If you don't get insurance from your employer, that might change.
                  Starting in 2014, if your company employs more than 50 people, it will be required to offer you a health plan that covers at least 60 percent of your overall health costs, or the company will be fined $750 per year per full-time worker. That fine could increase to $2,000 if the reconciliation act passes.

5. The health care reform legislation has some benefits for senior citizens, but it might have some disadvantages as well.
                  The AARP, formerly known as the American Association of Retired Persons, says health care legislation does two important things for seniors: It gives people on Medicare new access to free preventive services such as screenings for cancer and diabetes. Also, by 2020 it will close the "doughnut hole," the gap in Part-D where Medicare stops paying once a senior has spent more than $2,830 on prescription drugs and resumes when the individual's out-of-pocket spending has reached about $4,550.

Comment

You will never see these reforms enacted. It will be at least 4 years before anything changes at all. In that time the bill will evolve into something that looks nothing like what was just voted on if it survives constitutional challenges as well as an effort to either repeal or de-fund it. It was basically a waste of a years worth of work.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      You will never see these reforms enacted. It will be at least 4 years before anything changes at all. In that time the bill will evolve into something that looks nothing like what was just voted on if it survives constitutional challenges as well as an effort to either repeal or de-fund it. It was basically a waste of a years worth of work.
                      Do you think either party will have better luck with the economy?

Comment

Many provisions start within six months.

If the democrats literally survive the next six months, they'll hold their majorities. I thought I would never live to see violence being perpetrated against a political party in this country. If this is how the repubs act when they lose and are out of power, imagine how they would act if they were in power.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post

If the democrats literally survive the next six months, they'll hold their majorities. I thought I would never live to see violence being perpetrated against a political party in this country. If this is how the repubs act when they lose and are out of power, imagine how they would act if they were in power.
                          Sorry Spiff, but the democrats in my opinion have been no better. The wars are costing right around one trillion, unemployment and economy in the toilet, dirty politics and the country headed for doom with bailouts, useless stimulus and more loans from communist china. You can cheer the imaginary gains and ignore my critisms, but things are no better now than when Bush was President. Sure hope I am way off base and wrong about everything, but I don't see it that way.

Comment

I've never encountered anything that did not have both positives and negatives.

So I'll post a question for those that seem to be very much in favor of the reform. (Skool, Redwood, Spiff, James)

What are the negatives associated with the Bill/Law?

And on the other side, those that seem to be very against the Bill/Law (NH, Utah, Frankie, others) what are the positives?

I'm asking for a couple of reasons...

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post

You really need to stop watching MSNBC What makes you think it's Republicans? Why not Democrats trying to frame Republicans. Ohhh that's never happened before.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X