Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

On star

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On star

    Did it work for Tiger , on that fateful day ? Every time their ad comes on TV I wonder !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: On star

    Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Did it work for Tiger
    It has been suggested that he change his monicker to something being more descriptive of his lifestyle.
    I would say Lion-Cheeta suits him fine.

    As for On-Star, it has worked for two relatives when involved in minor, non injury accidents.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: On star

      Let it go, it was a mistake. He didn't mean to hurt his wife or have sex with all those women. Could happen to anyone. His wife forgives him, knows it was a lapse in good judgement, slip of the tongue so to speak.

      Tiger proves that marriage is unnatural, because given the money, fame and opportunity most men will behave poorly. I love my wife and I don't put myself in situations where I could get in trouble, but I can't imagine having women throw themselves at me.

      I have worked in people's home doing repair work and never did anything inappropriate, but what if some of those attractive housewives, forced themselves on me? Come on Tiger is a young healthy man and being married has not stopped many guys in his situation.

      Are we better men. or men who have not been tested the same?
      I have had some women give the impression they were up for something more than conversation, but I'm sure it was nothing like what these famous guys encounter.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: On star

        2 points.

        First, I don't like On Star. I don't like the idea that my were abouts are little more than a NSA review away. Call me paranoid, but with On Star or most cell phones it's simply a matter of reviewing records to see where someone has been.

        Second, Frank brings up a very good point. It's easy to stand in judgement of the moral failings of those who are tested beyond imagination. Why is it that so many men fail this test? I'm not suggesting it is moral, fair or a good thing. But how many of us, given the same fame and fortune would pass the same test?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: On star

          Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
          2 points.

          First, I don't like On Star. I don't like the idea that my were abouts are little more than a NSA review away. Call me paranoid, but with On Star or most cell phones it's simply a matter of reviewing records to see where someone has been.

          Second, Frank brings up a very good point. It's easy to stand in judgement of the moral failings of those who are tested beyond imagination. Why is it that so many men fail this test? I'm not suggesting it is moral, fair or a good thing. But how many of us, given the same fame and fortune would pass the same test?
          When you get to be 77, itis easy to say "I would".

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: On star

            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Let it go, it was a mistake. He didn't mean to hurt his wife or have sex with all those women. Could happen to anyone. His wife forgives him, knows it was a lapse in good judgement, slip of the tongue so to speak.

            Tiger proves that marriage is unnatural, because given the money, fame and opportunity most men will behave poorly. I love my wife and I don't put myself in situations where I could get in trouble, but I can't imagine having women throw themselves at me.

            I have worked in people's home doing repair work and never did anything inappropriate, but what if some of those attractive housewives, forced themselves on me? Come on Tiger is a young healthy man and being married has not stopped many guys in his situation.

            Are we better men. or men who have not been tested the same?
            I have had some women give the impression they were up for something more than conversation, but I'm sure it was nothing like what these famous guys encounter.
            Frank , I really wonder if the onstar call the accident in. I'm just curious.No one has mentioned this!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: On star

              Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              When you get to be 77, itis easy to say "I would".
              That's why you're the Kid, Kid.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: On star

                Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Frank , I really wonder if the onstar call the accident in. I'm just curious.No one has mentioned this!
                I don't know enough about onstar, but I have questions too. Can it be disabled, or malfunction, are the call records public information, does automatic response depend on severity of impact?

                I see pros and cons to such a system. I was very concerned when I saw the commercial where onstar could kill the ignition remotely. I would not want my ignition to be disabled at the mercy of a remote operator or signal, could cause a lot of problems. I can see the upside of it as well.

                Heard there was a possible link between the unexpected acceleration of some vehicles and fly by wire systems. Give me a cable linkage, too much failable electronics.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: On star

                  This is OnStar, I've received a signal you've been in a crash.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X