Crazy is not a Political Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy is not a Political Party

Eric Cantor announces he has had death threats against his life and many said it was a political stunt to use for fund raising. Now that a self described Muslim, Obama supporter who contributed more than $500 to the Obama campaign has been arrested for threats against Cantor, does that make all Democrats "dangerous"?

No of course not, not any more than those in the Republican Party, Independent Party or Tea Party are responsible for the unacceptable actions or words of a few crazies in their ranks.

Leboon's contribution will now be turned over to charity. After the Election of Obama Leboon has now turned on the White House leadership as well because that is what crazies do. It doesn't matter what party they are in, they are still crazy.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Crazy is not a Political Party

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...rrest/19419713

J.C.

Comment

Good point I saw that last night as well.

Mark

Comment

Crazies are are both sides no doubt.

I feel the Democrats have consistently spoke out against crazies on their side. You will not see elected Democrats justifying that mans actions. The Democrats see the line where the crazies begin and stay well away from it rarely stepping into the grey area near it.

On the Republican side they are willing to walk as close to that line as they can and pretend they are miles away from it. The Republicans do not get in front of the camera and say those people are not us. They often condemn actions but are careful to avoid saying anything about people who commit them. They don't want the crazies but they do want the crazies to still vote for them.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
          Crazies are are both sides no doubt.

I feel the Democrats have consistently spoke out against crazies on their side. You will not see elected Democrats justifying that mans actions. The Democrats see the line where the crazies begin and stay well away from it rarely stepping into the grey area near it.

On the Republican side they are willing to walk as close to that line as they can and pretend they are miles away from it. The Republicans do not get in front of the camera and say those people are not us. They often condemn actions but are careful to avoid saying anything about people who commit them. They don't want the crazies but they do want the crazies to still vote for them.
          With all due respect, I believe you have selective viewing of the issue. Both sides have had their problems. I don't remember Democrats denouncing Code Pink, MoveOn.org, Black Panthers or ACORN for some of their stuff.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            With all due respect, I believe you have selective viewing of the issue. Both sides have had their problems. I don't remember Democrats denouncing Code Pink, MoveOn.org, Black Panthers or ACORN for some of their stuff.

Mark
            I don't know who code pink is, move on and acorn have not called for violence and the black panthers were largely denounced.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
              I don't know who code pink is, move on and acorn have not called for violence and the black panthers were largely denounced.
              Code Pink is a left wing group Seehan use to hang out with. One of their founders is the one who tried to make a citizen's arrest on Rove the other night. She is also calling for the kidnapping of George and Laura Bush. A Moveon.org supporter bit the finger off of a guy who showed up at a rally with a different opinion than theirs. One hundred and fifty ACORN protesters barged into a hall pushing and shoving and almost knocked down New York state Sen. James Alesi and spat in the face of his chief of staff because they were mad at two Democrats who sided with the Republicans. As far as the Black Panthers, they are still strong supporters of Obama and Holder recently dismissed the voter intimidation charges against them.

Mark

Comment

"with all due respect", come on Mark, take off the gloves, I miss the old days.

Personally, I think both sides have their wackos and violent elements, but I'm most concerned with their so called rational supporters. How can anyone in their right mind get behind either of these political partys? Both have proven to disregard the will of the people who elected them, and considering the condition of our country at present, both bare responsibility for the disgraceful reality which was once a beacon of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Code Pink is a left wing group Seehan use to hang out with. One of their founders is the one who tried to make a citizen's arrest on Rove the other night. She is also calling for the kidnapping of George and Laura Bush. A Moveon.org supporter bit the finger off of a guy who showed up at a rally with a different opinion than theirs. One hundred and fifty ACORN protesters barged into a hall pushing and shoving and almost knocked down New York state Sen. James Alesi and spat in the face of his chief of staff because they were mad at two Democrats who sided with the Republicans. As far as the Black Panthers, they are still strong supporters of Obama and Holder recently dismissed the voter intimidation charges against them.

Mark
                  Fair enough I will strike the 'consistently speaking out' part, but feel the other parts of my statement still stand.

I'm not sure if you got the follow up reporting in the move-on finger biting incident. The man who got his finger bitten off admitted to assaulting the move-on guy. The reason his finger was in the other guys mouth was because he was punching him in the face.

I can't find an actual news story on the James Alesi story. They best I could find was an editorial in the Washington post. You know where I can find one?

In response to the recent violence in political debate the Democratic party asked "all Americans to respect differences of opinion, to refrain from inappropriate forms of intimidation, to reject violence and vandalism, and to scale back rhetoric that might reasonably be misinterpreted by those prone to such behavior." The Democrats asked the Republican party to sign a pledge to that effect and where staunchly refused.

Sure it was political maneuvering on the part of the Democrats but come on why couldn't they agree to that?

Comment

ACORN was built on Civil Disobedience back in the 60s and 70s and to this day feel it is sometimes acceptable to break the law for their benefit. I don't have the Alesi story I just remember hearing about it last year. As for the finger biting that is more local to me. The MoveOn guy charged across a 6-lane road to get in the face of the 65 year old, putting his finger in his face and calling him names. When the fight broke out the MoveOn guy bit the finger off then ran off never to be seen again while his opposition waited on their side of the road for the police to arrive.

Mark

Comment

Norman Leboon also threatened Obama, the studio that produced Babe, and federal judges. Apparently Cantor is the only one that felt the need to make a public statement about it.

It is obvious which end of the spectrum has cultivate the current culture of outrage and violence. All the recent acts of domestic terrorism have been conducted by extreme right wingers. You don't see any liberal militias.

The rhetoric the republican leadership and membership (including their media outlets) has engaged in has been corrosive and inflammatory. With Frank Luntz and Karl Rove on the payroll, and the consistency of their messaging, I have to believe that this language is quite intentional.

I can understand how moderate and reasonable republicans are embarrassed by the actions of these relative few. But to call the actions of these right wing extremists anything less than domestic terrorist is dishonest. And for the party that created this culture to imply that both sides are engaged in these types of tactics is completely unacceptable.

The dots: racial and sexual euphemisms, spitting, plotting death and destruction, hanging effigies, faxing nooses to minority members of congress, death threats, shouting "Baby Killer" and "You Lie"....

Any person not blinded by ideology can connect the dots and see what picture is being created.
                      Last edited by SpiffPeters; 03-31-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Sean Hannity: When you think about the vast majorities that they have in Congress and they had to bribe, backroom deals, corruption, that’s all because the tea party movement, the people — all these Tim McVeigh wannabes here.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

Tim McVeighs legacy:

'nuff said.

Comment

Bush wasn't Buddys with Tim McVeigh. Obama was Buds with Weatherman Bill Ayers!

MORE SAID " GOD DAM AMERICA " " SHOW ME THE COMPANY YOU KEEP , AND I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU ARE "
                          Last edited by toolaholic; 04-01-2010, 05:35 PM.
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I heard Rev. Wrights sermon where he said God Damn America. He was right. If you listen to the whole thing, he is correct in condemning America's greed and ulterior motives abroad.

Look at what we did in Iran in 1950's, Vietnam in the 60's, Iraq in the 80's, Central America and so on.

Regardless, Sean Hannity equates the teabaggers with Timothy McViegh.

And Obama didn't pal around with Ayres. Put down the Palin-Aid.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                              I heard Rev. Wrights sermon where he said God Damn America. He was right. If you listen to the whole thing, he is correct in condemning America's greed and ulterior motives abroad.
                              No.

It is acceptable to condemn specific actions or lack of actions. No country has ever had a perfect history.

It is not acceptable to state 'God Damn America', under any circumstances, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X