Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to you all about Sunday night.

Tonight I went to my local tavern and an aquantence of mine happened to work there at that moment. We banter on a for a little bit, but then the conversation leads to last weekend. At this point, I mention that no matter how much I happen to indulged myself with, I found myself not only to remain energised, but alert to the point where I could not sleep untill 1 Monday morning.

Here is where it get's creepy, She mentioned she experienced the same thing, as well as her two daughters, ages 4 and 7.

Anyone else felt anything strange around that time? Mind you, i'm going by EST.

Re: Question to you all about Sunday night.

You know liquor will act as a stimulant somethimes and not knock you out. The kids may have been sleeping real late in the morning, have some food later in the evening and were still wound up into the wee hours. If you thought they were drinking booze, ask!

By the way, and hope you don't get pissed at me but you are an Electrician(finally), what's with getting buzzed on a tuesday night? Come on man.
    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 03-30-2010, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      You know liquor will act as a stimulant somethimes and not knock you out. The kids may have been sleeping real late in the morning, have some food later in the evening and were still wound up into the wee hours. If you thought they were drinking booze, ask!
      I had my first beer when I was two years old! Made me the man I am today!
      *Twitch*

Comment

Our kids (2 and 4) had a nap until 5PM usually, and our son would often stay up until 11:30-12:00. We've cut their nap back so they wakeup at 4PM, and they now go to sleep betwen 9:30 and 10:00.

Comment

I too was strangely energized and unable to get to sleep. I hate, I repeat, hate, taking a sleeping aid, but Sunday eve I took half a tablet. Even then, I could not get to sleep or stay asleep.

I just figured I was stoked after a great weekend in the shop. My mind was running a 100 miles an hour.
          Last edited by SpiffPeters; 03-31-2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I remember in the good old days getting energized in a bar talking to women.

Comment

Other causes of insomnia
              • Common stimulants associated with poor sleep include caffeine and nicotine. You should consider not only restricting caffeine and nicotine use in the hours immediately before bedtime but also limiting your total daily intake.
              • People often use alcohol to help induce sleep, as a nightcap. However, it is a poor choice. Alcohol is associated with sleep disruption and creates a sense of nonrefreshed sleep in the morning.
              http://www.emedicinehealth.com/insomnia/page2_em.htm

Comment

Don't drink, don't smoke. I don't generally put anything in my body that makes it do something it otherwise wouldn't do.

Comment

Working...
                X