X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Leave the GOP FOR INDEPENDENT

This foolishness about strip club trips did it for Me !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Will Leave the GOP FOR INDEPENDENT

So an employee of the Republican National Committee gets caught being stupid and you're ready to throw in the towel on all of the Republican elected officials and candidates? Changing to an Independent is one thing but you should do it for the right reason. The RNC fired the guy just like any big organization would do.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Using Public money for useless lawsuits to overturn laws they don't like will do it for me.

If these state Attorneys General and party leaders (I use the term loosely) really believe in the merits of the suits, why not use funds from the party coffers.

Down here in Lee County, a Republican stronghold, the party is all against accepting stimulus money, big government, health care etc. but is criticizing FEMA because they will not reimburse for Chinese drywall. Whose ox is being gored?

Comment

Welcome to the club. The GOP has been purging their sane members for years. The sane GOP people are now the minority of Republicans. The Tory conservatives and those that advocated fiscal prudence have died off or have been primary'd out of the party.

I lost all respect for the GOP when they decided gay marriage was a wedge issue and added to their platform continued denial of civil rights.

IMHO GOP is killing itself. We just need the Democrats to self destruct too and maybe we can move forward and elect individuals based on their merits.

Comment

Strip Club Makes me want to join.

Comment

Neither party is particularly palatable. It is definitely choosing the lesser of the two evils.

I left the Democratic party when it became painfully obvious they were nothing more than corporatist's and lacked anywhere near the same degree of party discipline exercised by the republican party.

Should they ever return to being true democrats (Dennis Kucinich and Pete DeFazio are good examples of true democrats), I'll rejoin their ranks. Till then I will remain a registered independent, which in Oregon means I don't get to vote in any primaries. Not that I'm complaining. I'm not a fan of open primaries as those systems are easily gamed by opposing votes.

But I would also consider the Republican party if they ever decided to restore actual conservative values to their platform. At this point they are nothing more than a radicalized party of social conservatives with credit card spending habits, both attributes that fly in the face of the historic conservative nature.

In the meanwhile, I vote Green Party at every opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
              Welcome to the club. The GOP has been purging their sane members for years. The sane GOP people are now the minority of Republicans. The Tory conservatives and those that advocated fiscal prudence have died off or have been primary'd out of the party.

I lost all respect for the GOP when they decided gay marriage was a wedge issue and added to their platform continued denial of civil rights.

IMHO GOP is killing itself. We just need the Democrats to self destruct too and maybe we can move forward and elect individuals based on their merits.
              I would love to one day vote for a candidate I liked instead of the one I least disliked.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                I would love to one day vote for a candidate I liked instead of the one I least disliked.

Josh
                I get to do that already. I voted for Ron Paul in the Republican primary, and a local businessman in an election. I just wish one of them would win.

Maybe I'll get my chance with Steve Levy in the NY governors race. I like him because he is willing to take on the public employee unions (my mother is continually complaining that she has to pay for part of her county-provided health insurance) because of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  So an employee of the Republican National Committee gets caught being stupid and you're ready to throw in the towel on all of the Republican elected officials and candidates? Changing to an Independent is one thing but you should do it for the right reason. The RNC fired the guy just like any big organization would do.

Mark
                  Mark, I am not voting for Demos ! Just stepping Back!
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Everybody join the Democratic party and force people to research candidates before voting. Can't just vote for the "D" or the "R" candidate. We'll have to learn what they stand for.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                      Everybody join the Democratic party and force people to research candidates before voting. Can't just vote for the "D" or the "R" candidate. We'll have to learn what they stand for.
                      No research necessary, simply look at the country, the economy, that's what they all stand for!

Comment

What I saw in this foolishness. An environment that invited one to feel the party would pay for this. Yes,I have contributed in the past . I will sleep on this before I re register.

Comment

Don't give up on the republicans, they may be the new democratic party. All they have to do now is promise to bring home the troops, reduce taxes on the middle class and not drill for oil. Where have I heard that before?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Don't give up on the republicans, they may be the new democratic party. All they have to do now is promise to bring home the troops, reduce taxes on the middle class and not drill for oil. Where have I heard that before?
                            But they did lower the taxes on the middle class, they are bringing the troops home within 18 months. Drilling for oil ought to make the energy companies happy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                              But they did lower the taxes on the middle class, they are bringing the troops home within 18 months. Drilling for oil ought to make the energy companies happy.
                              Spiff, if I have to claim $15,000 untaxed income from medical benefits, This middle income guys taxes will not have been reduced. Cap and trade is going to cost me an arm and leg as energy prices go through the roof. Were you serious or joking?

Comment

Working...
                              X