NOW is it okay to eat meat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW is it okay to eat meat?

As of this post, it is currently 12:05 A.M. EST. Therefore it is technically no longer Good Friday. Just went through a full 24 hours without any meat, or meat related products (That I know of), and Goddamn it was the longest day that I can remember. The only saving grace was the fact my employer gotten his money's worth out of us today, so I was kept pretty busy.

Any other "good little boys" out there?

Re: NOW is it okay to eat meat?

Nope! I've been without food for many weeks at a time when I was ill, never again. I will eat meat everyday and not feel the least bit bad. God did not make this food available for me to refuse it! Bad enough I have to be faithful and refuse so many lonely women the pleasure of my company. Heck, that's more than enough of a sacrifice. I'm eating any meat that gets close.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Nope! I've been without food for many weeks at a time when I was ill, never again. I will eat meat everyday and not feel the least bit bad. God did not make this food available for me to refuse it! Bad enough I have to be faithful and refuse so many lonely women the pleasure of my company. Heck, that's more than enough of a sacrifice. I'm eating any meat that gets close.
      Send some of those lonely women my way!

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
        As of this post, it is currently 12:05 A.M. EST. Therefore it is technically no longer Good Friday. Just went through a full 24 hours without any meat, or meat related products (That I know of), and Goddamn it was the longest day that I can remember. The only saving grace was the fact my employer gotten his money's worth out of us today, so I was kept pretty busy.

Any other "good little boys" out there?

are you serious?? you wont eat meat? why?? it cant be because of your beliefs and your fallowing. if it was you would not have wrote what you did.

Comment

Tailgunner,
          Good Friday was not only abstain from meat, it was also a day of fasting. Did you remember to fast too? And yes, once it hits Midnight of Saturday, I've been known to throw a pizza in the oven and recover from the day's fast and abstenance!
          Cheers and a Happy Easter to you,
          Jim Don

Comment

LOL. When I was growing up, you didn't eat meat on any Friday, anytime!! Builds character. Builds self-discipline. Made sure you got your Omega 3 fatty acids once a week if you afford fish (even tho they hadn't even discovered Omega 3 fatty acids back then)! Seemed like back then almost everything had to do with "building character and self-discipline" which really meant doing without.

We ate a lot of bluegill during the summer (no Omega 3s there) but it was mostly veggies during the winter. Of course, beings none of the meat we got was inspected, so it was cooked to the consistency of shoe soles, we actually looked forward to Fri!

You did it, so whatchabitchinabout!!

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

More important than outward things like the rituals of what to eat when is the relationship of your spirit with God.

Comment

so...ya know how to make a slow horse fast?
                stop feeding it

Cactus man

Comment

eat up, I am

Name:  c744227904aea5d0432e1f78b3fab771.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  488.6 KB
                  Name:  7c5615ca21503e0ee7500fe3d215f708.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  241.5 KB
                  Name:  a556270dc545d8d289e5c5c68c3b738c.jpg