X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I learned a valuable lesson this weekend:

Never, EVER, forget a woman's name, even for one second!

Well, last night, well technically this moring, at a local tavern I frequent, a customer (whom was rather imbibed a bit, was trying to call out one of the bartenders, (All of them female, and we are pretty much on a first name basis). He turns to me to ask what her name is, and at the worst possible time, I completely forgotten, a total brain fart. So I respond, "I dunno, I can't remember right now, I know in a second." Anyway, he finally gets her attention with "Hey nice lady!" and offeres his order. One would believe he would of kept things as simple as this, but no, he then turns to me and quite swiftly throws me under the bus, "This man here says he doesn't know your name." I get immediately reprimanded "WHAT???!!!??? NICK, you come in here all the time and I even know what you always order, yet you don't know my name???" Now I'm forced to hang on for dear life as the bus speeds along as if Sandra Bullock is at the wheel. "THAT WAS NOT WHAT I SAID!" Here he chims in, "Now you said you didn't--" "THAT WAS NOT WHAT I SAID!" "I SAID I couldn't remember right now!" "Damn you Nick!" "Now hang on! I remember Sue, Jamie, Ashley, and even Crystal!" "WHO?", "Crystal, you know, the blonde one!" "She's a part time waitress that works two days a week, and you remember HER name, but not MINE!?" (*Uh oh....Oops..here comes her foot to stomp on my fingertips) "Now look! Don't tell me what your name is, I WILL rememeber, I KNOW I'll remember! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" "Oh that is it Nick, we are officially fighting! You are on the couch!" She then proceeds to tell the rest of the crew to not mention her name in front of me, so I can't eavesdrop. Ten minutes goes buy, and well as numerous "evil eyes" I finally yell out her name "Jessica!" She turns with a snarled response, "Who's that?"

Whoo boy, I don't how the hell I did it, but I managed to get a woman to break up with me, even though we never dated once, and hardly say three words to eachother, and if that was the reaction I get for a little human error, I can only imagine the Hell's wrath I would endure if we were together!

While yes I am often 'That Guy', but to be sent to the doghouse by someone I never dated, that I have to admit is quite the accomplishment. Not that many people can say they have done the same. Not even staying single is safe anymore...Yikes....I STILL have tire tracks running accross my forehead, no matter how much I scrubbed.
    Last edited by tailgunner; 04-03-2010, 08:43 PM.

Re: Well, I learned a valuable lesson this weekend:

She cares because she likes you

Tell her you were so drunk and forgot to put your contacts in that you couldn't make out her face. When you found out who she was you felt really bad and so heres some flowers and can I take you out next friday to make it up to you?

Only if she's hot of course..

Comment

Yes, that's why there's abuse, cheating, divorce, murder... They are a tricky, touchy breed, but given time you learn all their ways.

I'd say several lifetimes should do, then you'd have it all down perfect.

Sorry, but I'm just not feel'in bad for you. You're in a bar surrounded with beautiful women, feeling no pain, and I'm stuck at home with a bad belly, bad back and a lovely wife who I've been fighting with for days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ooter View Post

Tell her you were so drunk and forgot to put your contacts in that you couldn't make out her face. When you found out who she was you felt really bad and so heres some flowers and can I take you out next friday to make it up to you?

Man, that's a high risk move. Even if he gets lucky, unless he plans to stay with her, he better not go back to that bar. Women have a way of remembering things like being used and lied to, I wouldn't trust her drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ooter View Post

Sir, that runs the risk of having a nice ice cold salt water drink thrown right into my face, specifically, my eyeballs. Especially since the only reparations I would offer is a cheap set of flowers found in any chain supermarket.

heh. Like Jesus marching along while carrying his cross to his own crucifiction, I marched right inside that tavern expecting the worst. However, I guess she wasn't working today, instead three other women were manning the bar (All three I remember the names quite well) . So To one of them I told my story, and one of them at least forgave me, siting the fact she is horrible with names as well. So I guess I shouldn't feel too bad. In the end, as of five minutes ago, I bade the three of them a good night and a Happy Easter, and a rather generous tip.

Comment

Tail thanks for the story and smile. I am sure quite a few of us have been in that situation and understand the plight. It is quite alright to forget a girlfriends name but never and I mean enver forget the bartenders name!

When we used to visit clubs regularly I used to put nicknames to the bartenders. It is much easier for me to put a nickname to a face then the real name for some reason.

However the best practice to increase better results for the time being is to leave great tips and a lottery ticket.

Comment

Tailgunner, A great big flower bouquet (don't make it red roses unless you are really serious and don't make it yellow unless you know she likes them, altho yellow ones are usually for an apology) MAY get you a chance to redeem yourself. Exotics flowers also work well: Sometimes. Throwing in a cute teddy bear MAY help.

Don't expect instant forgiveness, either. The "fairer" sex likes to play un-fair most of the time.

Other than that, you may want to find another hangout. Them females tend to hang together so you may get hard times from all the ladies that work there.

Go

PS: All is not lost. Most women think all men are troglodytes, so jus' 'fess up properly and they will usually forgive you after they think you have done enough penance!
              Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
                Tailgunner, A great big flower bouquet (don't make it red roses unless you are really serious and don't make it yellow unless you know she likes them, altho yellow ones are usually for an apology) MAY get you a chance to redeem yourself. Exotics flowers also work well: Sometimes. Throwing in a cute teddy bear MAY help.

Don't expect instant forgiveness, either. The "fairer" sex likes to play un-fair most of the time.

Other than that, you may want to find another hangout. Them females tend to hang together so you may get hard times from all the ladies that work there.

Go

PS: All is not lost. Most women think all men are troglodytes, so jus' 'fess up properly and they will usually forgive you after they think you have done enough penance!
                Heh, a few days ago, I simply apologised, especially considering I DID remember her name after a few minutes. It's alright, even though she knows my first name, other than that, I'm just another blank face in the crowd.

Where I live, just about every hang-out is a massive "swordfight". Sadly, for most women my age (31) are either married, or simply taken (Usually with kids. ) So alot of the places the girls are either in their early 20's, in college, or in the 50's and divorced. Clubbing is out of he question (Last thing I want to date is some "Hollabackgirl") Leaving the ones that are left, there is a reason why those women are still single (Psycotic, stalker-types, are just plain creppy) So I'm screwed no matter what.

Comment

Bars/clubing are great for getting laid.
                  Just don't let your friends see you on one.
                  It's always amazed how disfunctional every relationship was that I tried to make work out of a party place.Even stuff I tried to carry out Lake Tahoe when I was on vacation was phsyco.One of them I started up out of a bar when I was doing a sober spell.

The other phenomenon was when I got tired of looking and settled into work and true friends a good one was there in a blink of an eye

Comment

Working...
                  X