Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Undercover Boss tonight!

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    the ceo of ridgid can run circles around the majority of the drain guys. i've seen it

rick.

Comment

If they wanted a real reality show they should have sent him out with random employees instead of hand picked model employees. He would have seen the real roto rooter then. Hooters at least showed their bad side.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ooter View Post
        I noticed he was at a different shop for each person. I doubt many shops are using a coat hanger and kinetic water ram to clear a tub stoppage. I'm guessing there is a lot more that we did not see. The boss said how tough it was to clear the tub stoppage and I imagine it was a battle being that a RAG was pulled back! I suppose the ram was used as a last resort before discovering the rag.

At first I scoffed at the notion of digging up and replacing that bad root section but then I realized for 500 bucks that's a good deal IMO. No need to pay whoever to snake it out every couple years in the future and no worries about raw sewage underneath their house. I would choose that over even having rick come out every year for 75 bucks and snake the drain out. Unless it came with a free k-60 training session each time :-D

I think there is a lot that we did not see and obviously the show is a sham. If it weren't no CEO in their right mind would go on the show. I was hoping for more damning stuff like their employees trying to rip customers off because they're on commission and the CEO feeling bad about it lol. Oh well
        Rick Arquilla is that you??? Are you still undercover?

Comment

The rag was staged.

"It's been in there for a while"
          If it had it would be black with bacteria.

The rag was staged

They had to use vice grips to get overflow off and there is no way that size rag is getting down the drain.

Humans are sheep watching drone driving TV

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            The rag was staged.

"It's been in there for a while"
            If it had it would be black with bacteria.

The rag was staged

They had to use vice grips to get overflow off and there is no way that size rag is getting down the drain.

Humans are sheep watching drone driving TV
            Exactly what I was thinking. Thats the cleanest rag I've ever seen pulled from a drain.

Comment

k-39 would have pulled out that rag faster than he could have pumped up that water ram.

it sure looked like the tub was still standing water when they finished.

i always wash out the tub while i test it.

the show is more about the employees than the trade.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                k-39 would have pulled out that rag faster than he could have pumped up that water ram.

it sure looked like the tub was still standing water when they finished.

i always wash out the tub while i test it.

the show is more about the employees than the trade.

rick.
                I did not see THAT rag come out of IHAT drain
                If that rag was in that drain I could not agree with you more

Comment

I'm glad I didn't bother. I enjoyed playing a game right here on the ole computer!
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                    I'm glad I didn't bother. I enjoyed playing a game right here on the ole computer!
                    I let my curiosity get me.
                    Again

Comment

The entire thing was one big advertisement. I don't know that the employees were in on it through. I'm guessing someone used the rag as the missing plunger on the trip lever and lost it.

On the main line they took a $150 drain cleaning and turned it into a $1,200, 3'-deep repair and when the lady balked they looked like heroes by lowering it to a $500.

Taking care of the girl with a special needs child was nice.

Taking care of the basketball team was nice.

Taking care of the guys disability was nice but they should have done it when it happened not when he announced on National TV his claim had been refused the first time.

The garage for the shop guys was a total PR thing.

I was glad to see them offer an addiction program for their employees.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

dropping your price like that when someone balks at it. shows several things. 1 you don't value your time time, 2 you would never really charge that, 3 you don't feel comfortable about your prices, 4 it shows the customer that your a scammer.
                        i had a lady a while back that this happened to. she had the money. instead of defending the price, a local place here dropped there price in the home, when she thought it was high and the customer lost all confidance in this co.
                        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I am proud to say "I CHOSE NOT TO WATCH IT! " My good judgment was just re affirmed !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

At one of the hospitals I worked at we had a program called "walk in my shoes"
                            Typically your boss, in my case the hospital administrator, would follow you around
                            for eight hours and "try to do your job"

Of course they are unable to really do any of the tasks, but you plan your work day to
                            show them only the good things and maybe insert a single tough dirty task. You never complain as you'll suffer dearly the next day! It was simply a dog and pony show with the administrator having a touchy feeling and all smiles..

He could care less and is truly only interested in the bottom line!

Now to be fair here....There are some bosses that really care and simply lost the
                            knowledge as to what really happens in the trenches...

For example, I was upset with one of my technicians as he took over 30 minutes to
                            replace a power cord hospital grade plug..I told him I could do it in 10 minutes....

He dared me.....

Well I received the work order, grabbed the tools and a new plug, headed to the device needing the plug... waited at the elevator almost 8 minutes alone...
                            located the device , wrestled it from it's position....cleaned all the schmootz [dust bunnies]
                            found the cord too short and had to squeeze behind the device, finally replaced the plug.

The actual rewiring and replacing of the plug took less than 5 minutes....

put everything back together, safety tested the device, headed back to the shop, did the paperwork, put the tools away and cleaned up..total time 1 hour!!!!

This dare cost me a lunch and I realized my technicians were honest and good workers. I just forgot the "other stuff" involved in a repair.

Regarding the TV show to me it's just another cheap reality show. If I had some "new"
                            employee arrive on the scene with a full camera crew I'd be very suspicious. Now if he did this all with a "hidden camera" then maybe it could be more believable.

Since when does an employee cry on the shoulder of the new guy during their first coffee break????? When I was a new guy I recall asking all sorts of questions about the job and company not cry as how I'm behind in my mortgage!!!!

Cactus man

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten Plumbing View Post
                              Rick Arquilla is that you??? Are you still undercover?

How would you feel if you agreed to be on a nationally televised reality show and they made you look like a fool? I was just sticking up for the "technician" not the CEO.

Who knows what he actually went through to unclog that drain but I do question why he would use a water ram unless he wanted to show the new guy what it's like to be sprayed in the face with nasty water :-)

Comment

The whole Air ram bit was staged

In all my years I never removed a rag from a tub line with the air ram
                                Only a cable can pull it out.
                                When he said look at this rag and how dirty it was ROFL
                                That's because it was his work rag in the air ram tool box he uses to stuff down trip wastes.
                                My wife was like wow your picking them apart.

They had another machine in the back ground DM-10 with 1/2 cable
                                They had bigger problems. Here is a picture of the split second that shows
                                the machine. Plus when they left you can see the tub is still clogged
                                Attached Files
                                Rod
                                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                                http://unclognh.com
                                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X