X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 90 year old HERO, Grace, And A monel lesson

We had the honor of meeting Grace about 6 Years ago. She's a 2nd Mother to My Cousin.
    She did weld repairs to damaged Sub hulls at the Boston Navy ship Yard in WW 2.
    Grace is a Small Gal in size only. She showed Us Her Weld Certs.USO dance card, and other bits of memorabilia . Grace said one of the challenges to repair hull welding, Was the bulkheads in place. Kevin You couldn't do it! It was all small Gals only ,Men were Midgets!
    She went upstairs,and returned with a beautiful Bracelet. She dropped it on the granite Island counter,sounded strange! She said Kevin," You're a welder, what metal is this ?"
    I'm in a corner now ,sweating in front of Wife and My Cousin! Grace ,looks stainless to Me? No it's monel, Made from the subs silverware. It doesn't , resonate as loud to enemy sonar if dropped on the deck! A welder had a crush on Me and made it from the subs silver ware. Please say a prayer for Our hero grace. She's not to well these days. All responses will be read to Her , and Her great grand children By Her Daughter. Thanks Tool.
    Last edited by toolaholic; 04-05-2010, 10:32 AM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: My 90 year old HERO, Grace, And A monel lesson

Grace sounds like a wonerful lady, and certainly a treasure as people go.
    What a full, productive and rewarding life she has! Valuable asset during the war, wife, mother, grandmother, did you say "great grandmother"?

When my older daughter asked me the meaning of life one day, I told her life has no specific meaning. I see life as a combination of what you want to accomplish and expericence, combined with situations that fate offers or hands you.

Can anyone question that Grace did quite a bit with situations presented and goals set and accomplished? Please give her my best wishes, and thanks for a job well done during the war and a life well lived. Frank

Comment

A huge "THANK YOU" goes out to grace for her efforts and accomplishments during the War. It was a time that will never be seen again, the people of USA pulling together for the common good of man kind. My Dad was a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne and I never really realized what all he went through until he passed away.

I would say Grace can tell you some really good stories of her life and times, and they should be passed on the the youth of her family.

Prayers go out to Grace and get to feeling better soon.

G3

Comment

positive thoughts & warm Caribbean MOJO to Grace.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I think this thread should get nominated for best thread of the week or month or what ever. I would nominate it. I just don't know how

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
            I think this thread should get nominated for best thread of the week or month or what ever. I would nominate it. I just don't know how
            Well, I just nominated it myself. Now if you are serious and want to second or add your nomination, just sign in, go to the first post of the thread and click on the icon to the right of "thanks".

Comment

Wow, Grace and I thank You All !
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It is nice to learn that there are now two that can be referred to as "Amazing Grace", (the other being Admiral Grace Hopper).

As a former submariner, I know some of the tight spaces that she must have been in while welding. It certainly must have been no picnic in a confined area and with the smell and spatter of the metal.

Thank you for your service and get well soon.

If you can, tape some of your experiences for future generations to learn from.

Best wishes, Grace

Bill

Comment

Grace and I thank You ALL for Making Her post of the week! You all are Great! Tool

Comment

Working...
                  X