30 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 years

On the 11 day of April 2010,my wife and I was married 30 years.Where did the time go?

Re: 30 years

end of april will make 6 years
    i do find that i come home with cleaner hands because of joey.

what's been a big improvement since you got married

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Congratz to the both of you.. April 11th is my daughters birthday as well.. She just turned 19, I agree with you where does the time go.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Congrats, this Friday the 16th will make 27 for my wife and me. Time has gone by fast and I try not to think about it too much. All those ups and downs, special times, children, holidays and everything else just memories. All I can say is enjoy the present days the best you can, thirty years is something to be proud of these days.

Comment

Congratulations, January 1st will be the big 40 for us.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Congratulations to all on the anniversaries and the one daughter's birthday.

My wife and I are heading for our 43rd anniversary, come September!

CWS

Comment

It's amazing that a couple can be together that long without killing each other.
              sigpic

Comment

Congratulations there,

I think it was my folks 60 anniversary, and some one asked my mother what the secret to a long marriage was, and she responded without expression change, "I never found the bullets."
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Congratulations! December 12 (like to snuggle in Dec. in Mn.) will make 57 years.

Comment

Rob and I celebrated 13 years on March 14. We only knew each other 3 weeks prior. Love and the Internet can be a good combo if done correctly!

Cathy
                    Assistant to Josh

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Comment

It's amazing that a couple can be together that long without killing each other.
                      How true, I've came close (to being killed that is) and probably deserved it. Thirty years for the two of us and I had to start out with two practice ones before Barb and I got together.

Congrats to all the other old timers.
                      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Two philosophical things... "The Secret" of my happiness in our marriage:

#1, "Love is just a state of mind". When you're in love with your wife there's not a lot that you have to think about... just remember to be sensitive, remember the anniversary and the birthday, and treat her like the partner she is, and not your servant. (But also remember the reverse of that too!)

But when things go bad... that's when I remember #1... my head may be out of love for the moment... but all I have to do, to get through that, is simply think straight!

#2, "The Grass is Always Greener over the Septic Tank" (with apologies to Irma Bombeck) That I suppose depends on the man, but you know what I mean... there's lots of attractive ladies out there, but what else goes along with that "attraction".

While I'm by no means a "Robert Redford" (yeah I know, you younger guys are asking, "Who in the he!! is that?), but there have been occasions when I've been "hit upon". But, I remember who I am and the first question in my head is, "Are you kidding me?" and "I wonder who she was hitting on yesterday?". Bottom line, I don't wander (except for an occasional lustful thought). So, when it comes to those once in a long while, pretty ladies: "What I lack for in taste, I make up for in pride."

In any case, it's probably just "simple" on my part. But why should I risk what I have valued. Now, if Jesse or Tiger could have remembered that!

CWS
                        Last edited by CWSmith; 04-13-2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by red1234 View Post
                          On the 11 day of April 2010,my wife and I was married 30 years.Where did the time go?
                          Well, for a man who states to be a sewer cleaner, you of all people would definately know that time certainly did NOT go down the toilet!

Salut!
                          *Toasts Sam Adams*

Comment

Working...
                          X