This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Census

What if we all put down 100 per household?

J.C.

Re: Census

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
    Then we may have a true count if you factor the illegal aliens
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
      Then we may have a true count if you factor the illegal aliens
      Which is why the Census is a farce! Illegals are not counted, but they do burden every facet of what our taxes pay to support. Police, fire, schools, hospitals, etc. Before anyone starts jumping about how great they work, that is not what I'm upset about. The bottom line is, illegals do burden those who have to make up for the taxes they don't pay but the services they do use.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
        Typical illegal immigrant household. If anything, our taxes will be lowered due to the sheer perception of an increased number of people paying taxes, if not income taxes, but sales taxes. Even illegals have to buy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
          Typical illegal immigrant household. If anything, our taxes will be lowered due to the sheer perception of an increased number of people paying taxes, if not income taxes, but sales taxes. Even illegals have to buy stuff.
          They cost us more than they spend. How much can they spend making
          $2.55 an hour on farms.
          Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
            They cost us more than they spend. How much can they spend making
            $2.55 an hour on farms.
            As long as an ear of corn is less than a dollar, I'm happy.

EDIT:
            In which case, as long as I'm not spending as much for produce, then that frees up more of my income for other things. So such tax burdens aren't really all that much afterall!
            Last edited by tailgunner; 04-13-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Illegals are counted by the census. A few factors prevent them from being counted correctly such as. Many illegals are afraid to fill out census forms thinking they will be found out(a legally unfounded fear) and because their is no documentation elsewhere in our government we don't know to pursue them if they fail to send in a form.

An illegal immigrant that fills out a census form will be counted and will affect all the things census counts reflect.

If you falsify a census form it is a federal offense btw so I'd recomend against writing in a hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                Illegals are counted by the census. A few factors prevent them from being counted correctly such as. Many illegals are afraid to fill out census forms thinking they will be found out(a legally unfounded fear) and because their is no documentation elsewhere in our government we don't know to pursue them if they fail to send in a form.

An illegal immigrant that fills out a census form will be counted and will affect all the things census counts reflect.

If you falsify a census form it is a federal offense btw so I'd recomend against writing in a hundred.
                So it's Illegal to make false statments on the census but it's OK to be an illegal alien? Why have laws what a messed up country we live in.
                Rod

Comment

Are you talking of Latinos a word I had never heard until I saw a documentary and whether they are illegal immigramts or not they will be the majority in the U S in about twent years and your lords and masters I'm afraid your have left it to late to complain.

Tony

Comment

Forty years ago the INS would enforce immigration laws with the help of local LEO. Now it seems no one does anything and if they do there are lawsuits to hinder them.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      Forty years ago the INS would enforce immigration laws with the help of local LEO. Now it seems no one does anything and if they do there are lawsuits to hinder them.

Mark
                      Yup,back in the eighties we'd be working on thi 300 unit apartment gound work.Open field,Acres and acres of cleared land.
                      The INS would fly up on all four corners of the project.
                      The illegals would scatterlike ground squirrels screaming "Immigre',Immigre!!!'".

That was a huge factore in keeping the numbers down.Not the fact that so many were being deported.
                      But they knew we were serious about illegal citizenship not being acceptable

well,unless of course we were making a killing financially off them.

Comment

I haven't received my census form

Is there not a web site dominated by Xenophobic Yahooist?
                        Last edited by James P; 04-14-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                          I haven't received my census form
                          There will be men in dark sunglasses and black suits arriving at your front door soon.

Originally posted by James P View Post
                          Is there not a web site dominated by Xenophobic Yahooist?
                          Actually, it is a vocal minority that cling to the notion that illegals are a major problem. It's a problem, but in the grand scheme of things it really is nothing more than a convenient whipping post.

Illegals tend to displace low paying, unskilled labor. Not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                            There will be men in dark sunglasses and black suits arriving at your front door soon.

Actually, it is a vocal minority that cling to the notion that illegals are a major problem. It's a problem, but in the grand scheme of things it really is nothing more than a convenient whipping post.

Illegals tend to displace low paying, unskilled labor. Not a big deal.
                            Well Spiff, count me as part of that minority! I see the situation with illegals from two different perspectives. First they do cost money for the services they use and tax payers pay for, although most are decent hardworking, family folks, there is a "minority" among them which consists of criminals. Immigration laws were designed to control population and monitor folks coming into the country and other legal and necessary details which are lost when folks enter at will.

My other thoughts on the situation of illegals is how they are used and abused while forced to live in limbo, afraid to complain of dangerous situations or abuse. I think folks who endorse illegals actually contribute to this abuse because in my opinion they need to come out of the shadows and either be given the option to work towards citizenship or leave. Our country like others, does not exist to benefit and enrich those who want to profit from jobs but not pay into the system that oversees the process (government).

I have no problem with penalties and criminal punishment for those who employ illegals, but illegals need to be accountable for their actions as well. We have laws for a purpose and they should either be enforced or abolished. If you want to defend the hard working, decent folks who are here illegally, then stop the abuse and demand they be taken out of the shadows. Force employers to pay Americans a living wage to do all jobs, then see if there is any job left undone.
                            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 04-14-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I had the census people show up on my door step after the last census. I received the long form and only filled out names and the number of people in the house, just like I did on this one. They wanted all the info and I wouldn't give it. The lady was very nice and we were laughing and joking while sitting on my front porch. After a time she realized I was only giving the info that I had to legally. She said I was the toughest person she ever tried to count.

Comment

Working...
                              X