X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring's True

One of my more favorite performers/writers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTW0y6kazWM&feature=fvw

J.C.

Re: Ring's True

Don't get me started on the VA. Those morons, yes MORONS, at the VA waste tens of millions of dollars in their various appeals processes BECAUSE THEY KEEP SCREWING UP!

They always cry that they never have enough money. It costs so goddamn much to even administer the money devoted to their clints that there is nothing left! Take me for example! Those ***holes jerked me around for years over my electrical apprenticeship (Inspite of my certificate of eligibility, AND being a registered apprentice) only to tell me that after one single year at one electrical contracting company, they deemed me a "Qualified Electrician" and therefore no longer meets the requirements. WTF? Well then, if they have the juristiction to dictate whom is or is not a qualified electrican, then they should be able to issue me my license after a single year!

The worst part is this, the office for the northeast region is in Buffalo, New York, right where I visit my familiy every Christmas! Every year, I see that big blue sign with a Giant white arrow marked "Veterens Affairs". Those people should know more than anybody that for New England, there is a license for everything! Hell, when I was at our state's office for division of apprenticeship to get registered, I filled a mountain of paperwork , along side my employer, whom is a master electrician, signed off on the GI Bill as my "mentor" on those sheets for not only the state, but the VA as well!

If this is the quality of service I am to expect, then the bush administration was quite correct to cut their budget until they get their collective heads out of their arses!

Comment

how true-luv it!!!!!!

Comment

That video is anti-republican: the dems have had control of congress for over two years, and we now have an anti-US president. Are things better? How's that hope & change working for you? One solution;

If they are in, vote them out (does not matter which party), and then let the new one's know term limits are a prerequisite.

We are a republic of states. Get the federal government out of the states' business which they have intruded upon by virtue of grossly distorting their power under the interstate commerce authority granted by the Constitution. Health care (that includes medicare and medicade as well as the recent "overhaul", education, fuel consumption, etc, was never meant to be federally regulated. Get them out of our business, levying taxes on us for other states, and controlling our daily lives. Federal involvement in what we eat, buy, and make is unconstitutional unless it is transported across multi-state state borders. However, we have sublimated ourselves to their edicts to get those almighty "federal dollars", which they get from us to pay for unconstitutional programs to start with, based on department "regulations" not federal law. It is not the federal government's business whether a state wants unions or not. That is up to the state's legal citizens. It is not their business to pay for the pension plans. It is not their business to dictate teachers' qualifications, graduation requirements, doctors qualifications, etc.

Eliminate that and you eliminate a lot of the federal bureacracy and cost.

It was first tried with mandating a 55 mph speed limit on ALL roads, or no federal dollars for your interstates. Took a few years to shove that back. But, they still are into it in education, and now health care.

The federal responsibility is to regulate how commerce is enacted between states, not how the product/service is used within the states. It is to provide for the common defense. Not to dictate how disasters are taken care of within a state.

Kick the power mongers out, and give the control of the country back to legitimate voters (that means bona-fide US citizens.)

Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
          That video is anti-republican: the dems have had control of congress for over two years, and we now have an anti-US president. Are things better? How's that hope & change working for you? One solution;

If they are in, vote them out (does not matter which party), and then let the new one's know term limits are a prerequisite.

We are a republic of states. Get the federal government out of the states' business which they have intruded upon by virtue of grossly distorting their power under the interstate commerce authority granted by the Constitution. Health care (that includes medicare and medicade as well as the recent "overhaul", education, fuel consumption, etc, was never meant to be federally regulated. Get them out of our business, levying taxes on us for other states, and controlling our daily lives. Federal involvement in what we eat, buy, and make is unconstitutional unless it is transported across multi-state state borders. However, we have sublimated ourselves to their edicts to get those almighty "federal dollars", which they get from us to pay for unconstitutional programs to start with, based on department "regulations" not federal law. It is not the federal government's business whether a state wants unions or not. That is up to the state's legal citizens. It is not their business to pay for the pension plans. It is not their business to dictate teachers' qualifications, graduation requirements, doctors qualifications, etc.

Eliminate that and you eliminate a lot of the federal bureacracy and cost.

It was first tried with mandating a 55 mph speed limit on ALL roads, or no federal dollars for your interstates. Took a few years to shove that back. But, they still are into it in education, and now health care.

The federal responsibility is to regulate how commerce is enacted between states, not how the product/service is used within the states. It is to provide for the common defense. Not to dictate how disasters are taken care of within a state.

Kick the power mongers out, and give the control of the country back to legitimate voters (that means bona-fide US citizens.)

Go
          To be fair, the video is not the writer of the songs interpretation to visual or "video" form. Just someone out there that made a video slideshow to go along with the song.

If you just listen to the music, you might get a different interpretation.

Still, whoever made the video, while maybe not giving equal time to what are traditionally thought to be opposing sides, was critical of many things that alot of people in the U.S. can identify with.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            To be fair, the video is not the writer of the songs interpretation to visual or "video" form. Just someone out there that made a video slideshow to go along with the song.

If you just listen to the music, you might get a different interpretation.

Still, whoever made the video, while maybe not giving equal time to what are traditionally thought to be opposing sides, was critical of many things that alot of people in the U.S. can identify with.

J.C.
            I agree. Thank you for the clarification. The song writer definitely captured the feelings of many today, regardless of political ilk.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
            X