PHCC Long Beach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHCC Long Beach

So what ever happened with the copper cutting contest that was supposed to happen in Las Vegas since Rick couldn't come. Maybe the evening of May 1st would be a good reschedule. Ben and Rick you are both going to be there right?

If so someone will have to bring their video camera along

Re: PHCC Long Beach

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    So what ever happened with the copper cutting contest that was supposed to happen in Las Vegas since Rick couldn't come. Maybe the evening of May 1st would be a good reschedule. Ben and Rick you are both going to be there right?

If so someone will have to bring their video camera along
    You are such an instigator!
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

i was actually going to hit up ridgid and milwaukee and do the contest in the booth during the show

did you know that this years postcard for the show has a picture of josh, myself, wookie and possible a couple others from last years event. ridgid and milwaukee were right across from each other.

what do you think josh i won't let ridgid down

it's a win, win, that will attract lots of looky-loos

it can be the battle of the beast/ best

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Gotta try lighting the fire again.. would be a fun one to watch.

Comment

I thought that Milwaukee won because Rick had to forfeit as a no-show

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            I thought that Milwaukee won because Rick had to forfeit as a no-show
            He put so many stipulations in nobody cares

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              He put so many stipulations in nobody cares
              tell me the last time you sat down and cut 240 pieces of pipe in 1 session.

ben came up with the number and i questioned it as most people would.

he gets multiple batteries and i get muscle cramps.

make it 1 battery and who cuts more pipe by the time his battery dies is fair. if his battery last 240 cuts, so be it.

the original challenge was 3- 1/2'', 3-3/4'' and 3- 1'' cuts on m,l,k copper.

so i gave in, but not to 240 cuts. that will just try to wear me out. i don't run marathons either

since you don't want to do it, you can be the official counter

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

You crack me up Rick. The first time we had this discussion I told you you may be able to cut the pipe faster but eventually you would wear out and I would continue cutting. Now you've back yourself into a challenge and all I can tell you is drink lots of water, eat lots of bananas (potassium) and good luck with your challenge.

Mark

PS. I almost left out, accept defeat like a gentleman.
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  You crack me up Rick. The first time we had this discussion I told you you may be able to cut the pipe faster but eventually you would wear out and I would continue cutting. Now you've back yourself into a challenge and all I can tell you is drink lots of water, eat lots of bananas (potassium) and good luck with your challenge.

Mark

PS. I almost left out, accept defeat like a gentleman.
                  great, so you want to do the challenge too

if ben can't make it, you'll be his backup

1 battery, the most cuts before it gives out or breaks is the winner

that sounds very fair.

the 240 count was bens idea. the 9 count was my original idea.

i doubt anyone would not want to compromise when the counts are that far apart.

if his battery last 240 cuts, then he gets his wish. if it dies after 120 cuts, then we compromised

i think that's more than fair

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    great, so you want to do the challenge too

if ben can't make it, you'll be his backup

1 battery, the most cuts before it gives out or breaks is the winner

that sounds very fair.

the 240 count was bens idea. the 9 count was my original idea.

i doubt anyone would not want to compromise when the counts are that far apart.

if his battery last 240 cuts, then he gets his wish. if it dies after 120 cuts, then we compromised

i think that's more than fair

rick.
                    Absolutely! However, my rules are, there are no limits to time, cutter blades or batteries just like our original discussion. The winner is whoever makes the most cuts before the other one throws in the towel.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      Absolutely! However, my rules are, there are no limits to time, cutter blades or batteries just like our original discussion. The winner is whoever makes the most cuts before the other one throws in the towel.

Mark
                      so basically i can cut 1 pipe a a day every day for a year and end up with 365 cuts.

you and ben don't own the milwaukee cutter and when i leave and take it with me, you forfeit and loose

how about most cuts in 30 minutes or 1 battery, whatever comes first.

i have a trade show still to shop

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

You guys figure it out. Rick will cry no matter what happens but I'm 99% sure I'll be there. I just like having a good time so it make no difference to me.

Also, Phoebe is waaaaayyyyy better then Piper.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i would come out there and show you how to do it but im going in on may 3rd to get my left rotator cuff fixed just like the right one 2yrs ago
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I called my Milwuakee Rep and told to come visit the forum and check out the discussions and bloviating sp? Warned him of challenges and be ready.

Hope they have some great specials like they did at the Fairgrounds last year.

Say Hi to Harry, nice guy.

wookie

Comment

Working...
                            X