X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you folks make of this?

From Ms. seatdown's announcement, I was rather inspired to write this.

Recently, I was on a service call in a church, in my travels, I came accross a book titled, Maximized Manhood: A Guide to Family Survival by a Edwin Louis Cole, copyrighted 1982. In the foreword, by Ben Kinchlow (Co-host of 700 club), he makes the following statement:

"There is a very interesting phenomenon occurrng in Twentieth Century America. From birth to late teens, a child's overwelming perception of authority figures is nearly 100% female, with an occasional male making a generally ineffectual appearance.

In the hospital, female nurses are responsible for almost every aspect of child care. At home, mother is usually the dominant authority figure. And, 90% of the teachers in grade school are - you got it- women. The first police person a child meets is more likely a female crossing guard.

When a child goes to the movies, the grocery store, department stores, fast food restaurants, fancy sit-down restaurants, vacation Bible school or Sunday school, who sells the tickets, takes the orders, collects the money, shows you where to sit, tells you about God? (Except in many churches where a man preaches to a a congregation consisting of mostly hwomen.) Who tells you what to wear, to clean up your room; who spends the money, pays the bills, who pays the bills (*I underlined this part for the amusement for a few here) Is it any wonder that today's man is making every effort to demonstrate that's he's a real man - like mom.

So today's man may wear jewlery-bracelets, necklaces, and perhaps, an earring. He has long hair, usually styled by a unisex hairstylist; he wears unisex pants and soft, silky shirtsopened to display "cleavage" Or, he may be a "macho man" who acts irresponsibly with his wife and children, or indulges in sexual "freedom" and does his"own thing."

In any case, man is "liberated." Or, so he's been told by the feminist principles which are designed to undercut his position as a male."

...I'll cut the foreward off at this point...(It goes on for another two full pages. No, I am NOT going to type the whole thing.)

****Continuted on the next post****

Re: What do you folks make of this?

Ok, now where was I? Oh yeah...

Now, I understand that when this book was published, there was a rather androgynous push in various pop culture circle. Now mind you, I did infact catch the tail end of such things like the bands "Twisted Sister" and "Alice Cooper". And am old enough to remember cartoons like He-Man and "She-Ra" that was usually aired right next to eachotherr. Including female soldiers in cartoons like G.I.Joe and Voltron. The early ninties debuted various animes, including not only female superhero's, but all female superhero teams (Sailor moon comes mind). Course today, similar images shows women not only playing the role of savior, but some of the most evil villians that can be imagined. Hell, we have animations out there showing women getting raped, beaten, and brutally murdered, by other women!

Perhaps, while at the time, most of us would shake off these mainstream media images as pure fantasy as it is, they did in fact leave an imprint, shown by how people dressed and behaved. We had women wearing shoulder pads in the 80's for christ's sake! The grunge look in the 90s's, and today, while cleaned up at the very least, sometimes either gender neutral, or comepletly sluttly. What is a guy like me suppose to believe?

In spite of what we all have seen on TV, due to the anonymouse nature of online forums, it seems to tell a different story. I have seen the most sexist, racist, harrassing remarks I have ever came accross, even if some are made in jest. Combined with judgeing how people seem ot behave around me, it is as if some force (While yes we are all human, we are split in two) if trying it's damnest to mold us all into one giant ball of flesh.

Maybe this is why I'm still single. Rather than get into the muck called dating and courtship, I would instead prevent all the headache, hardship, and humiliation alltogether since I hold onto what is now naive ideals of how a woman should be (Faults and all) rather than treat them like a total whore or at best, a pest to be swatted at when too annoying, something I have observed on numerous occasions.

Perhaps I just don't know what to make of things.

Comment

Get off this Forum and get you some PooNanny!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
        Seems as though the only way to do that is to hire a professional.

Comment

May be the last response you get from me. Take this as constructive criticism or however you want.

But you're so damm negative to me that I pretty much have stopped reading your posts. Just a skim once in awhile.

If you're that way in person, not good. People don't want to be around negative people. I don't.

Why I stopped reading.

All I got to say.

J.C.

Comment

The funny part is is doesn't sound anything like the men I know or grew up with. I guess a lot of it has to do with the crowd you grow up in and the examples you had.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

When you figure out things, "women", please let me know! Tomorrow will be my 27th wedding anniversary and my wife and I are not really speaking. I understand less than ever about women, marriage, aging, sex, human behavior and life in general than I ever have in spite of giving it all much thought.

Society, and women continue to domesticate man, we must be tough and macho, but sensitive, sexual but faithful to whatever our mate decides is normal. We must discipline the kids but not be "mean", work hard but not be neglectful. I won't keep going, you get the hint. Talk about walking a razor's edge, my feet are bleeding!

There are exceptions when it comes to marriages that endure and are happy, but they are rare. Men and women are so very different, we come together as lovers, then grow apart as life takes it's toll.

Unless you have a medical condition, chances are you will remain viral and passionate long after your mate has had children and lost interest in such things. You will out live your usefullness as a lover and provider much faster than your wife's role as a Mom. Women are powerful, they do control quite a bit without giving the appearance of being in control. Quite a trick if you can pull it off without tipping your hand until it's too late.

In closing, Tailgunner, make believe you never read what I just wrote. Profess you're undying love and devotion to some kind female and have a great life. Marriage is like swimming in an ocean full of sharks, you might get chewed up and killed, but it's awful boring on that beach!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Marriage is like swimming in an ocean full of sharks, you might get chewed up and killed, but it's awful boring on that beach!
                That should be a bumper sticker.

Comment

I think Joe Jackson said it best in this song
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41FNXkY9VZY

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                    Good advice.

Comment

Gee I wish that I had been brought up in that perfect world J.C. Mark and Frank were brought up in thanks Tailgunner.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X