Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets play plumbing trivia! Huge prizes!

Originally posted by cpw View Post
    138.863 gallons

Assuming there are 90840 drops in a gallon (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_d..._in_one_gallon)

((60/2.5)*60*24*365)/90840

60 seconds/2.5 seconds/drop = 24 drops/minute
    24 drops/minute * 60 minutes /hour * 24 hours/day * 365 days/year = 12614400 drops
    12614400 drops / 90840 = 138.863

Edit: Using another definition of drop (1/20 tsp), then you only have 15360 drops/gallon, in which case it works out to 821 gallons a year.
    Book says different? Lets wait a bit. Judge is on the Golf course !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

934.40 gallons

960.00 gallons

1,023.75 gallons

Because drops are not uniform, you will get a different answer depending on the drip of the drop and the chemistry of the water.

Mark
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-18-2010, 12:33 AM.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

HOWARD C. MASSEY SAYS 365 gals per year lost! Why do I think Mark knows Him?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Am I the only one wondering why a GC is quizzing us? That's like me testing Kevin on welding. I could see if Mark or NHmaster was testing us. Just an observation.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Am I the only one wondering why a GC is quizzing us? That's like me testing Kevin on welding. I could see if Mark or NHmaster was testing us. Just an observation.
            Good Question ! How many PINK shirts Big Guy ? OK In the 6 G pipe test
            with a restrictor coller. On the root pass blaa blaa. Gear It's all from tests in a I've had for Years. I'm just trying to make the forum fun. You sailors are so SENSITIVE .

Comment

I know you're just having a good time and no harm was intended but I still saw the irony. BTW, only 1 pink shirt but it used to be white so it doesn't count.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                I know you're just having a good time and no harm was intended but I still saw the irony. BTW, only 1 pink shirt but it used to be white so it doesn't count.

I believe he was offering you a childs "UP" shirt from Pixar. I'm not sure your son would care for pink though.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I believe he was offering you a childs "UP" shirt from Pixar. I'm not sure your son would care for pink though.

Mark
                  Woops, brown Cars shirt

Comment

Funny. I never felt as an outsider here! No Sweat .

Comment

Working...
                    X