Homemade Pasta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade Pasta

A few years ago a neighbor who was moving gave me a pasta making machine she had never used. I have used it a couple times and while it's sort of fun and the pasta is soft and delicious, I try not to make it too often . I think it's similar to having a bread machine, fresh bread anytime Could be a problem.

Tonight my wife made a delicious pot of tomato sauce with meatballs, lamb pieces and hot italian sausage links. I made fresh pasta and it was great. I just had to tell someone.

Re: Homemade Pasta

You're making me hungry Frank. I've got an hour before it's dinner time!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
      You're making me hungry Frank. I've got an hour before it's dinner time!
      I only had a protein shake for lunch, so I'm actually still hungry! What's for dinner? I could go for a nice steak, chinese food, roast pork Now I made myself hungry. Think I'll whip up some cupcakes and homemade chocolate icing, nah better not. I'm going for surgery first week in June and the surgeon expects me to lose some weight.

Comment

i had a pasta maker years ago. it was fun, but today i'd almost set a pot on to boil, toss some EVOO & salt in, put the linguine in for 9 minutes, drain, and be done with it.

BUT it's hard to beat homemade pasta, just like homemade bread

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          A few years ago a neighbor who was moving gave me a pasta making machine she had never used. I have used it a couple times and while it's sort of fun and the pasta is soft and delicious, I try not to make it too often . I think it's similar to having a bread machine, fresh bread anytime Could be a problem.

Tonight my wife made a delicious pot of tomato sauce with meatballs, lamb pieces and hot italian sausage links. I made fresh pasta and it was great. I just had to tell someone.
          Oh you bastid! Every drop of Italian blood in me is raging with envy right now! Oh man I could sit down to a good spegetti with meat sause right now, and wash it down with a Merlot.

But, had to work late...again.., so all I been doing since 7:30 pm is munch away at a celery stalk, while i'm hammering away with these Air Force online courses. Things I do for God and Country.

Going to have to make myself a nice meal this weekend to make up for it all!

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
            Oh you bastid! Every drop of Italian blood in me is raging with envy right now! Oh man I could sit down to a good spegetti with meat sause right now, and wash it down with a Merlot.

But, had to work late...again.., so all I been doing since 7:30 pm is munch away at a celery stalk, while i'm hammering away with these Air Force online courses. Things I do for God and Country.

Going to have to make myself a nice meal this weekend to make up for it all!
            You need to stay lean and mean, I'm old so a few extra pounds are allowed.
            I did have a few glasses of wine with the meal. but I'm still hungry? Now if I wasn't trying to be good I make some great homemade biscotti with either almond or annisette flavoring. So hard losing weight these days.

Comment

I only had a protein shake for lunch, so I'm actually still hungry! What's for dinner? I could go for a nice steak, chinese food, roast pork Now I made myself hungry. Think I'll whip up some cupcakes and homemade chocolate icing, nah better not. I'm going for surgery first week in June and the surgeon expects me to lose some weight.
              Just as I got home my business partner/sister's daughter was texting my daughter to see if we wanted to go out to dinner with them. So I had breakfast for dinner.

I kinda got jipped though since she paid with the company card (we did talk business). So I suppose I wound up paying for my own meal. Oh well she signed the ticket. I always have to sign at lunch.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Good show Franki! My mother-in-law used to make pasta all the time and when we were first married, my wife made it often. We still have the machine, but life is just too busy these last several years to bother with it. I miss it though.

CWS

Comment

Don't let the zombies get your pasta maker, Frank.

Then again, keep stuffing yourself with that soft, fresh, aromatic pasta and the zombies will find you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYQsn9kUNE

The guy 50 seconds in just had some fresh pasta..........I think they liked it.....
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                    Don't let the zombies get your pasta maker, Frank.

Then again, keep stuffing yourself with that soft, fresh, aromatic pasta and the zombies will find you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYQsn9kUNE

The guy 50 seconds in just had some fresh pasta..........I think they liked it.....
                    Thanks Mack! I'm having abdominal surgery in a few weeks so the video was a nice touch. I just finished making a yellow cake with chocolate mocha icing, unfortunately the cake split and was ruined so I put the pieces in a big pan. Guess I'll have to eat it a little at a time myself, can't serve that mess to guests.

Comment

Guess I'll have to eat it a little at a time myself, can't serve that mess to guests.

Does your generosity know no bounds, Frank??

Your guests - nay, your country, appreciate your sacrifice..........
                      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                        Does your generosity know no bounds, Frank??

Your guests - nay, your country, appreciate your sacrifice..........
                        I think it was Marie Antionette who said "Let Them Eat Cake", and I did!
                        My wife is hosting a jewelry party, we spend $100 on food and she gets a $1.00 pair of earrings. Great deal So I helped out by baking some goodies. The cake was a flop, cracked apart like a fault line during a earthquake. Poor little cake.

Comment

I make my own french bread, no breadmaker. I actually just finished 6 more loaves tonight, between me and the wife we'll kill one off before bed. I take a big chunk of bread with me for the drive to work in the mornings. pretty hard to beat.
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                            I make my own french bread, no breadmaker. I actually just finished 6 more loaves tonight, between me and the wife we'll kill one off before bed. I take a big chunk of bread with me for the drive to work in the mornings. pretty hard to beat.
                            Now that's talent! To be able to make the dough, work it and have it turn out so well is the results of hard work and passion. My Mom used to make foccia, and my Wife can make fresh bread, but we are at an age where the weight keeps rising along with the dough.

Comment

Working...
                            X