Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tatts?

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I have always felt I was born without tattoos for a reason and I am happy to keep it that way. I have a daughter with a small Strawberry Shortcake on her ankle, a son with several USA type tattoos and a son-in-law with a bunch of tattoos I am sure mean something to someone. I also have a daughter who use to run a program when you worked at our City P&R to help kids get their tattoos removed because they were unemployable with them.

Mark
    Mark, I waited until I was fifty five years old so mine was not the hasty act of youth. There were several things that played in my mind, such as I've lived with ugly, embarassing scars since childhood, why not a tatoo? I wanted to experience what it was like and on my terms. If I make it to Heaven, I'll be easily recongnized by loved ones and if God is going to deny me entrance because of a tatoo I accept my fate in Hell.

I find the reaction by others interesting, some are quick to judge the external and grossly misjudge the real me. I almost feel after all the years of struggle and pain, I deserve to do something for myself and this was very harmless and innocent.

When I was seven years old, I weighed twenty seven pounds and was close to death. Took me many years to build myself up and I wanted to somehow celebrate the accomplishment and hard work.

In the end it is a very personal decision although on public display. I would encourage adults who are considering a tatoo to give it a fair amount of thought, but not be afraid to stand behind their decision.

To Josh, it took me countless protein shakes and more than fifty years to build eighteen inch arms. They will shrink when I am six feet under, until then I will keep lifting and hope my tatoos keep their shape.

Hey Mack, be careful you just might attract some animals.

Comment

I'm allergic to pennecilin. The stupid bracelets get hung up on every thing and I don't do necklaces or even wear a watch much. My thought was to have a red cross and "medic alert" tattoo'd on the top of my wrist and "pennecilin allergy" on the bottom. Now for the decoration, some hot rod type pinstripes leading from the top to the bottom. Someday I'll do it....probably.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Mark, I waited until I was fifty five years old so mine was not the hasty act of youth. There were several things that played in my mind, such as I've lived with ugly, embarassing scars since childhood, why not a tatoo? I wanted to experience what it was like and on my terms. If I make it to Heaven, I'll be easily recongnized by loved ones and if God is going to deny me entrance because of a tatoo I accept my fate in Hell.

I find the reaction by others interesting, some are quick to judge the external and grossly misjudge the real me. I almost feel after all the years of struggle and pain, I deserve to do something for myself and this was very harmless and innocent.

When I was seven years old, I weighed twenty seven pounds and was close to death. Took me many years to build myself up and I wanted to somehow celebrate the accomplishment and hard work.

In the end it is a very personal decision although on public display. I would encourage adults who are considering a tatoo to give it a fair amount of thought, but not be afraid to stand behind their decision.

To Josh, it took me countless protein shakes and more than fifty years to build eighteen inch arms. They will shrink when I am six feet under, until then I will keep lifting and hope my tatoos keep their shape.

Hey Mack, be careful you just might attract some animals.
        Nice Bicep
        brother! Young Guys better not mess with the old Bull !!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X