X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time, No Talk!

Whats goin on everyone? Long time, no talk, lol. Thats partly due to school and work, but also my computer was giving me trouble for awhile and I just bought a new laptop. How's everyone doin? Somebodys gotta bring me up to speed around here. I notice some sig's talking about voting, whats that all about?!?!
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: Long time, No Talk!

Hi Aaron, the voting is about Plumber Rick and his wife--They are expecting and Rick wants one name and Joey wants another. It is all in fun. (The voting, that is) Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back, Arron91

It's good seeing you on here again.

Comment

aaron glad to see you're back

how was your golf game you ready to take on big josh yet at the next roundup

stick around and teach me some new fangeled plumbing stuff

thanks arron.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

HI Aaron good to see you,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Welcome back Aaron! good to see you around again.

Josh

Comment

Hi, Aaron! Welcome back glad school is progressisng and wish much $ucce$$! I also posted severlal times because I really like this forum and just got a new password (old one long forgotten of course). Dont know where to post this so I wanted to describe my weekend drain leak repair, ceiling in downstairs bathroom below upstairs got a drip when shower or sink running, cut out about 15" square w/ makita drywall saw with vac attatchment to rigid shopvac, this vac attatchment rocks! 1 1/2 abs drainpipe flush along subfloor had a leak not visible inside joist notch which was filled with brown construction adhesive. Not being a plumber or having/knowing if a large squeeze cutter would work with a flush pipe with NO stretch to it I cut about 6" out from both sides of joist with hand pvc saw nice an square, then (heres the trick/tip?) because leaky piece glued TIGHT, used a Big holesaw to cut two plugs out of pipe, also one on each side. struck with hammer, still no go w/o fear of damage, so (TIP 2): cut a piece of bandsaw wood blade about 18" long, threaded through top of pipe and using two vise grips for "handles", cut through glue up to joist, then found piece ALMOST loose and saw a nail hole in top inside joist! Got rest out by cutting from inside splitting legnthwise with a coping saw! Rest of job went smoothly even thou no REPAIR couplings at home depot, only standard with stops in center, so I used two fernco clamp couplings instead but found I had to trim the rubber molding center ridge on these of as well and slide both all th way on to get the new section in and also shim down pipe temporarily with door frame shims for top slide clearance! All I can say is in my opinion the plumber is the toughest trade and earn every penny they make, if I had more money I would gladly have called in the pro's!

Comment

Working...
              X