Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am all ready for summer, How about You'all?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am all ready for summer, How about You'all?

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
    Nice, what did ya get? (kind of grill)

mmmmmmmmMMMMMM bbq
    A Weber, totally the opposite of the char broil. The Weber is stainless steel inside, other metal outside. The Char Broil was stainless steel outside, other metal inside; and after 2 years rust. The Weber will need to last 6-8 years though to pay for itself. To get an American made one you also need to go up to Genesis from Spirit, which increases the cost too.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      A Weber, totally the opposite of the char broil. The Weber is stainless steel inside, other metal outside. The Char Broil was stainless steel outside, other metal inside; and after 2 years rust. The Weber will need to last 6-8 years though to pay for itself. To get an American made one you also need to go up to Genesis from Spirit, which increases the cost too.

Weber charcoal or gas?

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
        Weber charcoal or gas?
        Gas. Definitely the most cost effective and easiest way to go compared with Charcoal. I wouldn't mind NG, which would be really cheap but it isn't available where I live.

Comment

Gas. Definitely the most cost effective and easiest way to go compared with Charcoal. I wouldn't mind NG, which would be really cheap but it isn't available where I live.

Nice nice, ya, that's the most economical for sure. sweet!!!

Enjoy!!!!

Comment

It would be so bizarre to celebrate Christmas in the middle of Summer. That's got to be wierd.

Comment

Weber makes a real nice grill, but I think all grills need to be rebuilt every four or five years. The ignitors crack and go bad, the burners, heat tents and cooking grids all rust and wear even if they are stainless. My neighbor wanted to give me a Ducane grill, real beauty, it needs two burners and two cooking grids. Price for the burners and grids were $130 and 100, not worth it in my opinion. My six burner Coleman grill came with cast iron burners but they offered free replacement soild brass burners. Nice thing about the Weber is that you can always get replacement parts. The grill will last many years, that same neighbor has had his Weber for fifteen years, just rebuilds it every so often. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Weber makes a real nice grill, but I think all grills need to be rebuilt every four or five years. The ignitors crack and go bad, the burners, heat tents and cooking grids all rust and wear even if they are stainless. My neighbor wanted to give me a Ducane grill, real beauty, it needs two burners and two cooking grids. Price for the burners and grids were $130 and 100, not worth it in my opinion. My six burner Coleman grill came with cast iron burners but they offered free replacement soild brass burners. Nice thing about the Weber is that you can always get replacement parts. The grill will last many years, that same neighbor has had his Weber for fifteen years, just rebuilds it every so often. Good luck.
                The design for rebuild is one of the things that attracted me to the Weber. The Char Broil used regular screws that were so rusted you couldn't detach the parts. The Weber used what appear to be stainless hex head screws, so you can use a nut driver and get a better bite on it even after a long period of use and some deterioration.

Comment

The design for rebuild is one of the things that attracted me to the Weber. The Char Broil used regular screws that were so rusted you couldn't detach the parts. The Weber used what appear to be stainless hex head screws, so you can use a nut driver and get a better bite on it even after a long period of use and some deterioration.
                  Smart move buying the Weber, they have a great reputation for several reasons including the rebuild. I am happy with my Coleman, however they have discontinued some parts which will render the grill useless in a few years unless I can make modifications. Weber, will always have replacement parts available, making it the smart choice. The cheaper grills work for a while and then they must be junked, really not cheap in the long run.

Comment

I have BBQed like 18 times already

I just cant stop, I love BBQing!

Comment

I use my grill throughout the winter, grill up a london broil or some chicken breasts. Today I made some steaks for lunch, but man it was cold and windy.

Comment

I use my grill throughout the winter, grill up a london broil or some chicken breasts. Today I made some steaks for lunch, but man it was cold and windy.

nice me too (winter griller), I also grilled yesterday when it was windy.....it was crazy, a huge tree in our yard lost a branch !

Mmmmmm BBQ!

btw - london broil ! Good idea, I have to do one this week and a brisket !

Comment

I would roll out my gas grill, but the last few days I had to watch out for low flying barns.

Comment

Not this baby

I bought one of these, not bad for use in the winter.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                              Not this baby

I bought one of these, not bad for use in the winter.
                              I think about buying some cast iron skillets everytime I look at the nonstick coating peeling off one of our pans. If you know how to season the castiron and keep it clean, it sure is a lot healthier than ingesting nonstick chemicals!

Comment

I think about buying some cast iron skillets everytime I look at the nonstick coating peeling off one of our pans. If you know how to season the castiron and keep it clean, it sure is a lot healthier than ingesting nonstick chemicals!
                                Frank,

I have a vast collection of cast iron cookware. That's all we use except for our stainless cooking pots.

I find most of my cast iron at yard sales or ebay. No chinese junk, I look for Griswold, Wagner, or for newer ones Lodge are good for the price.

James

Comment

Working...
                                X