X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arizona Law I Love It! Florida Next

Why every time something like this comes up people say "Its against the constitution" The constitution was written in 1787!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we should go back to horse and carriage throw away all of are computers and medicine we have learned over the past 225 years and go back to out house's instead of plumbing because they must have know better back then. As time goes on things change and so should the constitution. If you are in this country illegaly then we should have the right to knock down your door and send you back!

Dont get me wrong if people want to come to our great country they should be allowed. But done the right way. learn English, are history stuff like that. Not floating over on a raft speaking spanish and then having kids and stealing are money for food stamps school systems and welfare. People need to wake up and relize it aint 1787 anymore.
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: New Arizona Law I Love It! Florida Next

Comment

I wish Jessie Jackson would stop he causes more bs then anyone and is so rich from it.
      You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
        Why every time something like this comes up people say "Its against the constitution" The constitution was written in 1787!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we should go back to horse and carriage throw away all of are computers and medicine we have learned over the past 225 years and go back to out house's instead of plumbing because they must have know better back then. As time goes on things change and so should the constitution. If you are in this country illegaly then we should have the right to knock down your door and send you back!

Dont get me wrong if people want to come to our great country they should be allowed. But done the right way. learn English, are history stuff like that. Not floating over on a raft speaking spanish and then having kids and stealing are money for food stamps school systems and welfare. People need to wake up and relize it aint 1787 anymore.
        Yeah your right the constitution and its life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is way out dated. So is freedom of speech, right to bear arms, and you know all those other pesky freedoms.

Please I beg of you before you go knocking the constitution studied it... errr.... or just read it. I have 50 copies from Heritage, I'll send you some, no charge. The constitution protects us as citizens from our government. "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master" - Washington.

But what kind of left wing nut cases are claiming this is unconstitutional?!? Illegal immigrants are not protected under the constitution because THEY ARE NOT CITIZENS! I am a staunch libertarian, history and economics buff and firm believer in the constitution. But don't get me wrong, I think it should be illegal to be here illegally. The states (not the federal govt) have the right to arrest you and send you back. This country is supposed to respect LAWS not PEOPLE.
        Last edited by mpm; 05-06-2010, 01:36 AM.
        Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
        Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Its funny that the Liberals out there, and on this board, think the Illegals should have more rights than an American Citizen.............at taxpayers expense !..........
          Last edited by plumb4life; 05-06-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I think the politicians who oppose the law and refuse to place blame on the illegals should face some kind of penalty. I agree that those who employ illegals should be punished, but to excuse breaking our laws by saying "we" must eliminate the magnet that draws them here is insulting. The illegals fleeing mexico are not just drawn to the money here, they are desperate to get out of the hell they are living in. Why is there no mention of mexico's part in this problem? We are the bad ones for having jobs, less violence and laws we wish obeyed, mexico just skates by, can't seem to control the drug gangs or employ their citizens. The problem is mexico, not the USA!

Arizona did something out of desperation without the help of the fed, at some point the fed will have to finally resolve this issue. We can offer a path to citizenship, deport other, build fences, but until that sewer called mexico is cleaned up and made safe, decent folks living there will do anything to escape.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
              Its funny that the Liberals out there, and on this board, think the Illegals should have more rights than an Amermican Citizen.............at taxpayers expense !..........
              Yeah ha ha funny. You know what isn't funny, lying.

You want quote where anyone on this board stated 'illegals should have more rights then American citizens'? Or you want to apologize?

The only thing I found funny about your post was you misspelled American, while disparaging others about their American views.
              Last edited by boytyperanma; 05-06-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Its funny that the Liberals out there, and on this board, think the Illegals should have more rights than an Amermican Citizen.............at taxpayers expense !..........
                Aren't Mexicans and Canadians American Citizens?

Maybe not US citizens but they're Americans.

Too damned bad the native americans didn't have a strict immigration policy. It sure you have kept many of the Xenophobic Yahoos out.

Comment

I live in a state where one third of all people in prison are illegals. With that and the out of control welfare handouts, the illegals cost this state billions of dollars! That is fact. Legal immigrants of any race........fine by me, I will work side by side with them as I have for over 30 years. We are getting taxed to death and something has to give!

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
                    Yeah your right the constitution and its life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is way out dated. So is freedom of speech, right to bear arms, and you know all those other pesky freedoms.

Please I beg of you before you go knocking the constitution studied it... errr.... or just read it. I have 50 copies from Heritage, I'll send you some, no charge. The constitution protects us as citizens from our government. "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master" - Washington.
                    I agree with your first two paragraphs 100%.

The third in I have a few things to say about.

But what kind of left wing nut cases are claiming this is unconstitutional?!?
                    I don't speak for the left wing nut cases but concerns about the laws constitutionality have come from both prominent elected officials on the left and the right.
                    Two basic arguments are:
                    1. The law subjects Americans to unreasonable search and seizure as it allows the government to demand papers of someone they not established probably cause to do so.
                    2. Under the supremacy clause of the constitution federal law is supreme. All powers granted by the constitution to the federal are the realm of the federal government. Our courts have developed many cases on the concept of Federal preemption. These are cases where laws of a US state are invalidated when it conflicts with Federal law.

Illegal immigrants are not protected under the constitution because THEY ARE NOT CITIZENS!
                    Depends on what protections you are referring to. Many rights granted by the constitution are granted to anyone who we wish to apply our law too. The rights of accused persons enumerated in the Bill of Rights are specifically extended to "persons," and "accused," not "citizens". In our justice system we try and convict and punish non-citizens all the time. They are offered constitutional protection through that whole process.

I am a staunch libertarian, history and economics buff and firm believer in the constitution. But don't get me wrong, I think it should be illegal to be here illegally.
                    I see nothing wrong with that and tend to agree.

The states (not the federal govt) have the right to arrest you and send you back.
                    No they don't. The federal government has granted states ways in which that can arrest and turn over illegal immigrants to them but they most certainly have not allowed states to make their own immigration policies. In fact in our court cases they have repeatedly said that the states have no power to legislate on immigration.
                    Plyler v. Doe
                    Originally posted by SCOTUS
                    The States enjoy no power with respect to the classification of aliens.
                    Hines v. Davidowitz
                    Originally posted by SCOTUS
                    This power is "committed to the political branches of the Federal Government.
                    Originally posted by mpm View Post
                    This country is supposed to respect LAWS not PEOPLE
                    If only the people would recognized that. Rather then making off the cuff state immigration policies, it would be nice if the people demanded the federal government to their job.
                    Last edited by boytyperanma; 05-06-2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I take it based on this response you have no intention of apologizing. So I'll operate under the assumption you think lying is OK.

I live in a state where one third of all people in prison are illegals. With that and the out of control welfare handouts, the illegals cost this state billions of dollars! That is fact. Legal immigrants of any race........fine by me, I will work side by side with them as I have for over 30 years. We are getting taxed to death and something has to give!
                      While all those things are unfortunate I don't see anything that justifies lying about the positions of so called 'liberals'. In fact you could probably make a very honest and meaningful debate with liberals who are enabling immigrants to cost your state billions. So what does lying net you?

Comment

i remember replumbing a chiller system at an apartment complex in west valley (phoenix) had to go inside every unit and replace galvy with copper to A/H and access was through pantry 90% of time nothing was moved so had to move tennants groceries.at the time my youngest son was on formula and i rember using change to get a 20 dollar can that lasted two days.inside all these assisted living apartments they had 10 to twelve cans in almost every unit.every tenant was an illegal alien.all the male worked under table at construction jobs and all the women collected goods for mutiple kids.i think that all money made was sent to mexico tax free.so yes LAW 1070 is needed and more laws also.long story short partys over for aliens if not arizona will be mexico city,and then aliens wont want to live here anymore either... than what keep moving and saying racial profiling,kick rocks aliens.get a licence and insurance then u can not worry about getting yanked while driving.
                        Last edited by LThompson; 05-06-2010, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I understand the anger with illegals, they chap my you know what as well. However, it is not the rights of illegals that are being violated. It is the rights of legal aliens, naturalized and born citizens of the United States who are required to provide proof of their status on demand.

There are Hispanic families who have lived here 9, 10, 11, or more generations. Why should special laws affect them?

Comment

I'm sure your figures are way off as there is something like 25% of all prisoners in California State Prisons who are Hispanics. That includes both legal and illegal. The numbers are not really tracked because that would not be PC.

The numbers which are interesting though is the LA County Sheriff had a report that said 23% of all prisoners in LA County are deportable. Because there are more Hispanics in SoCal the number as you head North will lower. The other number which is bothersome is they also reported 60% of the 20,000 strong 18th Street Gang members are illegal aliens. Many years ago a family living in a building we managed had a 14-year old boy living with them. When he refused to join the gang because he wanted to join the Boy Scouts they stab him to death. They are a nasty group.

Mark
                            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM.
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              I'm sure your figures are way off as there is something like 25% of all prisoners in California State Prisons who are Hispanics. That includes both legal and illegal. The numbers are not really tracked because that would not be PC.

The numbers which are interesting though is the LA County Sheriff had a report that said 23% of all prisoners in LA County are deportable. Because there are more Hispanics in SoCal the number as you head North will lower. The other number which is bothersome is they also reported 60% of the 20,000 strong 18th Street Gang members are illegal aliens. Many years ago a family living in a building we managed had a 14-year old boy living with them. When he refused to join the gang because he wanted to join the Boy Scouts they stab him to death. They are a nasty group.

Mark
                              I don't know the actual numbers since as you mention they aren't released. Having lived up and down the state, I will point out that Central CA, where the primary industry is agriculture, is very heavily hispanic. Again, I don't know the precise numbers but wouldn't be surprised if the proportion of hispanics was highest in this area.

In addition to hispanics, some in Arizona claim that a non-insignificant portion of the illegal population are of Asian and middle-eastern lineage. We seem to focus on hispanics in these discusions because of the numbers, but the illegal issue is not exclusively about hispanics.

Comment

Working...
                              X