Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All that wind yesterday & a Huge Branch Crushed My Kids Playset (NO injuries)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All that wind yesterday & a Huge Branch Crushed My Kids Playset (NO injuries)

The picture looks bad, but thank god no one was outside at the time playing in the yard.....but....

Yesterday with all that wind, a huge branch fell off a tree in my yard and landed on the kids playset....

Thank god, no one was playing at the time,........

Here's the picture of what happened....huge branch huh?

Attached Files

Re: All that wind yesterday & a Huge Branch Crushed My Kids Playset (NO injuries)

So sorry Joe.

When I was kid, we would have just started playing on the tree.

And without a helmet.

J.C.

Comment

Re: All that wind yesterday & a Huge Branch Crushed My Kids Playset (NO injuries)

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      So sorry Joe.

When I was kid, we would have just started playing on the tree.

And without a helmet.

J.C.
      oh ya, my son now wants to play on the tree that is down , well the branch!

This was actually my little guys swing set, not the older boy you see in all the BBQ pics, he actually climbs trees like you were saying , ;-)

Comment

Glad no one was hurt. Branch about that size hit both my neighbor's cars around 3:30PM yesterday. We have been getting some real strong gusts lately and they are picking some of the tress apart a little at a time.

Comment

That is quite a branch. I'm sorry about your son's playset. At least you'll get to play with a saw and a maul chopping it up for firewood; and your sons might think that is cool.

Comment

i've had 2 trees fall on the city parkway.

the first one hit my truck that was parked in my driveway. bent up the hood, but didn't break the windshield during the heavy rain and wind.

years later, different truck parked on the street and the neighbors tree fell on my truck

guess what no more trees in front of the house to fall on my trucks

look at the bright side, 1 less branch to take out the next play set.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Good thing your little guys weren't out there playing!

Certainly it's tough losing the playset, but that can be replaced. I usually look at these things with mixed feelings... on one hand you don't need the expense of having to replace or repair the set; but on the other hand, it's good that the wind took the branch down now, rather than have it fall on some nice sunney day when the guys are out there playing. The wind has a way of cleaning out tree branches that are weak, and that's probably a good thing in the long run.

Down here in Painted Post, we only had one branch come down in the yard. No big deal, but I took a drive around the village this afternoon and there are a lot of branches down everywhere. I know between yesterday and last night the fire dept got called out three times... I imagine it was for tree branches and maybe power line problems.

Wind has quieted down signigicantly for the moment, but I see more wind is forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday.

CWS

Comment

I'm sorry about the damages and am glad no one got hurt.

In my area we had some good wind, but not much in the way of branches down or damages. Power did go out for a short time Saturday-Sunday overnight.
                Last edited by Woussko; 05-10-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Glad no one was hurt, and no more damage than what was done,

what were the wind speeds? or gusts?
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Here in Painted Post they were anywhere from 30 to 50 mph. They may have been higher in the evening.

CWS

Comment

we had wind beating the house all night long as well,

those 30 to 50 mph winds are many times just a normal day around here,

just a few miles north of me,

and this is what a lot of days seem like around here,

Attached Files
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                        Glad no one was hurt, and no more damage than what was done,

what were the wind speeds? or gusts?

50 mph when that happened

Comment

Working...
                        X