X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks...

Just wanted to say thanks to this Forum for answering, or attempting to answer, all of my crazy or not-so-smart questions.

Whether it is the plumbers, electricians, HVAC guys, retirees, carpenters, lurkers, or the RIDGID staff. I always get something.

I recently posted a question and a few replies on an engineering Forum. In less than 24 hours my "membership" was removed/revoked and the posts removed. I contacted the moderator through the site and the email it provided (2 separate inquiries) to ask about it and never got one response. Just asked a question too.

That doesn't happen here.

Anyway, Thank You.

J.C.

Re: Thanks...

Well, my advice and insight are always free, now the RIGHT answer, well, that usually comes for a fee.

Comment

You didn't actually try to reason with an Engineer, did you?
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
        You didn't actually try to reason with an Engineer, did you?
        No, just asked a question or two. I didn't debate, disagree, or anything.

What's interesting is they are discussing many of the same things or asking some of the same type questions many have here.

"What kind of pipe dope should be used for this? What kind of hanger? Is this approved in this or that situation...."

J.C.

Comment

I have found "The Ridgid Forum" to be a very special place. We disagree, sometimes things even get a little heated but we have Mark and Josh to help keep us playing nice. I hate mysteries, not getting answers. Who knows what ticked those other folks off? IF you know the rules at least you can play by them, as Clint Eastwood once said "A Man's Got To Know His Limitations"!

Comment

I know of one particular diy forum that deletes any posts and bans any member that disagrees with the moderators and one particular members position on the subject. Fair, even handed moderating is the key to a well run forum. Allowing dissenting opinions and keeping the arguments to a minimum is also key even though we kind of get out of hand on the political issues once in awhile but hey... it's politics Spiffy, Boypert, love you guys
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              I know of one particular diy forum that deletes any posts and bans any member that disagrees with the moderators and one particular members position on the subject. Fair, even handed moderating is the key to a well run forum. Allowing dissenting opinions and keeping the arguments to a minimum is also key even though we kind of get out of hand on the political issues once in awhile but hey... it's politics Spiffy, Boypert, love you guys
              I know of a "pros only" forum that does the same thing.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yep, they did, but things have changed a bit over there lately. I find pro's only forums to be a bit boring because once we all know each others views it sort of degenerates into the same old thing over and over.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X