Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daily Rituals for the Aging Body

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    I'll be 57 in july, although I feel a heck of a lot older in the morning.
    Well I,m 67 NOW! When should I start this ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      I hope never! Keep do'in whatever it is you've been do'in.

Comment

Tools in My Hands Most days, I love My work. Helps I work with a wonderful Son! Maybe that's why farmers lived so long. They had their Sons at their sides! Of course I have the 3 best Daughters A Dad could ever wish for !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tools in My Hands Most days, I love My work. Helps I work with a wonderful Son! Maybe that's why farmers lived so long. They had their Sons at their sides! Of course I have the 3 best Daughters A Dad could ever wish for !
          Kids are the best thing in the world! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy yours. I love doing stuff with my dad and mom. It's amazing how much smarter they got as I got older!

I also love doing stuff with my daughter. She's the coolest thing in my life! She loves the outdoors, animals, atv's, fishing, helping out in the yard. I couldn't have asked for a better child! I'm truly blessed!!!!
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
            I will be 59 at the end of june and have been on disability the

last 6 years from body damage doing plumbing work !

I get by with tylenol #4 and 2 aleve 3 times a day,
            I abused ibuprofen after a nasty septic truck wreck about 15 years ago. It ruined my kidneys so no NSAIDs for me. I take alot of tylenol (no more than is allowed and regular strength) and have a prescription for vicodin to use when needed. I've used heavy duty (morphine) painkillers in the past and the long term effect was less than desireable so I'm carefull to not overdo the vicodin.
            Last edited by Trent2; 05-15-2010, 11:43 AM. Reason: clarity
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Well, I will be 78 in six weeks, so I am not old enough to give you an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                I abused ibuprofen after a nasty septic truck wreck about 15 years ago. It ruined my kidneys so no NSAIDs for me. I take alot of tylenol (no more than is allowed and regular strength) and have a prescription for vicodin to use when needed. I've used heavy duty (morphine) painkillers in the past and the long term effect was less than desireable so I'm carefull to not overdo the vicodin.
                Ibuprofen had a lot to do with taken out my kidneys as well.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Ibuprofen had a lot to do with taken out my kidneys as well.

Mark
                  Mark what kind of doses were You taking ?

Comment

Mark what kind of doses were You taking ?
                    It's been over 10-years since I quit taking them but I believe it was 600 mg four times a day. In addition, I was taking Glucophage as one of my oral medications for Diabetes. As it turns out both medications take out your kidneys.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      It's been over 10-years since I quit taking them but I believe it was 600 mg four times a day. In addition, I was taking Glucophage as one of my oral medications for Diabetes. As it turns out both medications take out your kidneys.

Mark
                      I'm so sorry You have gone through hell! I roofed for Years , many 2 story homes . At one time we had a lynn 60 ft.wood ladder [ double pulleys] . I was lucky! I'm type 2 with a heart stint.Hope You are 100% after this last operation. Tool

Comment

Some of our jobs are really punishing. I can't imagine carrying sheets of plywood or shingles up a ladder all day long doing roofing work. My neck and back are messed up from years of pulling manhole covers, and shouldering an occassional telephone pole to a backyard. The human body has limitations, while it helps to warm up prior to heavy work or exercise to make our bodies strong, all that stress and strain catches up with us!

Comment

Working...
                        X