Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think it needs a clutch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQSyUa1Qx0E

A compression test is coming on the motor soon. I seem to believe the centrifugal clutch is worn out. I posted this on a golf cart forum for more explanation.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...tml#post406992

I have less than 15 days to transform this golf cart for a memorial day parade and need to figure out the specifics so I can decide where the money is best spent.

It'll be blue when I'm done, the top of this golf cart is going to move all our big equipment from platform to tower, tower to platform and cart to truck.

Saved me big money on not having to buy a forklift which would of sucked; everyone and their brother would of been asking to use it/have us move/lift stuff.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Do you think it needs a clutch?

I don't have a clue. But thanks for posting that. It makes me laugh.

1) It sounds like gunfire at idle.

2) It just looks like a video of some special kid riding his little car around.

"Tommy, stay out of the street!!!"

J.C.

Comment

But there's the underlying truth....I am a special kid.

I gotta lose the John Deere Green something fast on this fatmobile.

I'm putting a family of 5 in this for the parade, some lone plumber isn't going to cut it for the photo op.

3 kids will be passing out candy in bags with advertising in it, definitely will make it a worthwhile move once I video/take pictures.

I've got a large event in Cincinnati (75,000 people along with Peter Frampton in concert) that I can get in with all equipment if I work it right.

Tremendous marketing power once I can tie myself to that. Cincy Flower Show is boosting my game already.

Comment

Going over some of your numbers, fifteen days, five occupants, and the venue (advertising platform for your business), I would spend some money and get it to a small engine shop fast!

Centrifugal clutch is a simple design, as rpms increase clutch grabs. Variables of worn clutch, out of tune or worn engine, along with your limited time to get up and running make it a more pressured diagnosis and repair.

Since you are putting several people inside and using it to advertise your business, consider how embarassing it would be for it to break down? I would want it running like a top. Good luck with the repairs and events.

Comment

Golf carts use a CVT clutch similar to snowmobile and ATV's.
          The first thing to check is the condition of the belt and make sure it is the correct one. If the belt is worn width wise it will sit too low in the secondary and will perform like you are starting in 'second' gear. If the belt is stretched it will perform the same as a narrow belt except that it will sit higher on the primary upon engagement. Pulling both clutches and looking for worn weights and broken springs would be a good plan but the belt is the most likely suspect

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
            Golf carts use a CVT clutch similar to snowmobile and ATV's.
            The first thing to check is the condition of the belt and make sure it is the correct one. If the belt is worn width wise it will sit too low in the secondary and will perform like you are starting in 'second' gear. If the belt is stretched it will perform the same as a narrow belt except that it will sit higher on the primary upon engagement. Pulling both clutches and looking for worn weights and broken springs would be a good plan but the belt is the most likely suspect

Awe man that would be freaking awesome if that is all it is. That would be cheap in the big picture and would make for a great buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Going over some of your numbers, fifteen days, five occupants, and the venue (advertising platform for your business), I would spend some money and get it to a small engine shop fast!

Centrifugal clutch is a simple design, as rpms increase clutch grabs. Variables of worn clutch, out of tune or worn engine, along with your limited time to get up and running make it a more pressured diagnosis and repair.

Since you are putting several people inside and using it to advertise your business, consider how embarassing it would be for it to break down? I would want it running like a top. Good luck with the repairs and events.

That's why I won't be in it when it happens. I'm going to warn them to just "push it to the side of the road" in a worse case scenario. Thing is, I'm like one of these reality shows: unreasonably low budget, running out of time, and **** most likely is going to go wrong to make it interesting at the end.

Comment

Working...
              X