Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digging Their Graves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Digging Their Graves

    If the people of this country did not agree with the opinions expressed by the commentary on FOX then FOX would have died a timely death. However, the vast majority of the folks in this country have had enough of the lies, corruption and deceit that has been a huge part of the past and present administrations.

    Somewhere a few posts back, someone said : the immigration system does not work" CORRECT! It does not work because corrupt politicians and businessmen will not let it work. The laws have been in place for generations. That nobody to want to enforce them is another thing altogether. Now that Arizona has finally stood up and said ENOUGH! all these idiots get their panties in a bunch. You liberals that support illegal immigration should be ashamed because you are all a bunch of HYPOCRITES! Don't any of you realize that when you support illegal immigration you are putting money into the very pockets of those big businesses that you all rail against for not paying enough taxes. Illegal immigration lets them pay even less taxes. Smarten up and think with your brains instead of your "feelings"
    We are a nation of LAWS. You don't like a law, then you try and get a consensus and repeal it. You don't just choose to ignore it.

    If I was the Governor of Arizona I would take matters one step further. I would call out the AZ National Guard, line them up on the boarder with orders to shoot anyone crossing without proper identification.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Digging Their Graves

      Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

      If I was the Governor of Arizona I would take matters one step further. I would call out the AZ National Guard, line them up on the boarder with orders to shoot anyone crossing without proper identification.
      No you wouldn't because you couldn't afford it. As the Governor of a Border State you already have the burden of illegal immigration. Enforcing the Federal Governments responsibilities would be too difficult on you. Pete Wilson had it right when he sued the Feds over California's cost for illegals.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Digging Their Graves

        Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        If the people of this country did not agree with the opinions expressed by the commentary on FOX then FOX would have died a timely death. However, the vast majority of the folks in this country have had enough of the lies, corruption and deceit that has been a huge part of the past and present administrations.

        Somewhere a few posts back, someone said : the immigration system does not work" CORRECT! It does not work because corrupt politicians and businessmen will not let it work. The laws have been in place for generations. That nobody to want to enforce them is another thing altogether. Now that Arizona has finally stood up and said ENOUGH! all these idiots get their panties in a bunch. You liberals that support illegal immigration should be ashamed because you are all a bunch of HYPOCRITES! Don't any of you realize that when you support illegal immigration you are putting money into the very pockets of those big businesses that you all rail against for not paying enough taxes. Illegal immigration lets them pay even less taxes. Smarten up and think with your brains instead of your "feelings"
        We are a nation of LAWS. You don't like a law, then you try and get a consensus and repeal it. You don't just choose to ignore it.

        If I was the Governor of Arizona I would take matters one step further. I would call out the AZ National Guard, line them up on the boarder with orders to shoot anyone crossing without proper identification.
        How about charging all our past and current President with failure to uphold the laws of our country by turning a blind eye to border and immigratiuon enforcement? I also think it's hypocritical to ask for immigration reform (new law) while ignoring the many laws being broken right now.

        I still think we should send our troops beyond the border and into mexico to do what calderon and his army cannot or will not!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Digging Their Graves

          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          No you wouldn't because you couldn't afford it. As the Governor of a Border State you already have the burden of illegal immigration. Enforcing the Federal Governments responsibilities would be too difficult on you. Pete Wilson had it right when he sued the Feds over California's cost for illegals.

          Mark
          Yea, I know, but I like to get out my redneck rant once in awhile
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Digging Their Graves

            Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            If the people of this country did not agree with the opinions expressed by the commentary on FOX then FOX would have died a timely death. However, the vast majority of the folks in this country have had enough of the lies, corruption and deceit that has been a huge part of the past and present administrations.
            It's on every basic cable package in the country, whereas MSNBC is on higher tiered packages in many markets. Murdoch has one of the largest, if not the largest, media empires in the world.

            I find it interesting how his opinion makers and scant news coverage seem to only recognize one party. Murdoch has an agenda, pure and simple. Rather than complain about liberal media perhaps his empire could show the rest of the corporate news media what objective journalism looks like.

            Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Now that Arizona has finally stood up and said ENOUGH! all these[bold] idiots[/bold] get their panties in a bunch. You [bold]liberals
            that support illegal immigration should be ashamed because you are all a bunch of
            HYPOCRITES!
            Don't any of you realize that when you support illegal immigration you are putting money into the very pockets of those big businesses that you all rail against for not paying enough taxes. Illegal immigration lets them pay even less taxes.
            Smarten up
            and think with your brains instead of your "feelings" [/quote]

            Your people skills are quite unique. I don't even know where to begin. Obviously personal attacks are your preferred MO. I am sure I will be advised to keep it friendly.

            For the record I have as much tolerance for liberals as I do conservatives. One loves change for changes sake while the other is incapable of adjusting to an ever changing world.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Digging Their Graves

              The laws we have already are plenty to stop the problem. If there are no jobs they won't stay. Enforced worker permits are ok by me. The border would still need to be beefed up until things settled down. Just picking up as they cross the border and shipping them back won't work. The SCUMBAG Americans that employ illegals need to be hammered.

              I don't understand why this great countrys sovereignty is not held more sacred. So much righteous blood as been shed.

              I don't have much hope, the politicians of both parties have no ballz.

              I would not send troops to Mexico. Mexico needs to get their corrupt act together without our soldiers blood. Soldiers on our border with guns pointed south would be ok.

              wookie

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Digging Their Graves

                Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                It's on every basic cable package in the country, whereas MSNBC is on higher tiered packages in many markets. Murdoch has one of the largest, if not the largest, media empires in the world.

                Where did you get that figure from. Both Comcast and Metro-Cast carry both channels as basic subscription around here.

                I find it interesting how his opinion makers and scant news coverage seem to only recognize one party. Murdoch has an agenda, pure and simple. Rather than complain about liberal media perhaps his empire could show the rest of the corporate news media what objective journalism looks like.

                Except for FOX, name one other conservative television news station.



                For the record I have as much tolerance for liberals as I do conservatives. One loves change for changes sake while the other is incapable of adjusting to an ever changing world.
                I think that you obviously don't know much about conservatism. The changing world has nothing to do with the issue. Sound policy is sound policy regardless of the circumstances.

                There was nothing personal there. It was meant to cover all liberal thinkers in general.
                Last edited by NHMaster3015; 05-23-2010, 10:03 AM.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Digging Their Graves

                  Okay I just checked the lineup for my three places.

                  Newhall:
                  Time Warner - Fox News and MSNBC are both Standard Cable (Basic)
                  Dish Network - Fox News and MSNBC are both America's Top 120 (Basic)

                  Las Vegas:
                  Cox Communication - Fox News and MSNBC are both Cox TV Essential (second tier)

                  Marysvale:
                  Dish Network - Fox News and MSNBC are both America's Top 120 (Basic)

                  So it appears it is a little different depending on where you are and who your provider is.

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Digging Their Graves

                    Just google the MSNBC tiering. Sound familiar?

                    MSNBC is not the Comcast's basic tier in my market. It use to be on channel 47, Fox on 48. Then one day a couple of years ago MSNBC was on 127. And it has been there ever since. Basic cable around here ends at channel 71.

                    There were several other markets around the country at that time that also moved MSNBC to a higher tier. Just google it.

                    Your use of idiot, liberal, hypocrite, smarten up are purely inflammatory. Just like that bastion of journalistic integrity Bill O"Reilly's 'Pin Head or Patriot" segment.

                    I can just see Walter Cronkite hosting that segment.

                    CNN does some news. Not much.

                    CSpan is about as close to objective news as you can possibly get. They truly do report and let the viewer decide. The on air hosts do not allow themselves to share any opinion.

                    MSNBC isn't a news station. You'll notice their tagline isn't "Fair and Balanced" or "We Report, You Decide". Instead, they simply say "The Place For Politics".

                    MSNBC isn't quite as devoted to one side as FOX News. After all, they hand over three hours each morning to Joe Scarborough. Roger Ailes won't even allow a liberal voice to be heard on Fox News unless there are three 'conservative' voices to shout the liberal voice down, never mind handing over three hours to someone like Thom Hartman.

                    FOX News isn't a conservative news station. It's funny how any and all of their political reporting either bolsters the tea baggers, the GOP or denigrates liberals or the DemocraTIC party. I'd wager that the amount of coverage they gave to William Jefferson's freezer stash of cash received more air time than the Jack Abrahmoff scandal.

                    And AM radio is a toxic wasteland of outraged voices saying the most inflammatory things for ratings, with rubes buying it hook, line and sinker. Find a sane, reasoned voice on the AM dial. I dare you.

                    Now were FOX News to play it down the middle and grill both sides equally, I'd watch them. Or even if they were at least factually correct or not out right lying I might consider them a valid resource. They are nothing more than the media operations for the RNC.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Digging Their Graves

                      The only thing I can find on the MSNBC Comcast move was a move in 07 from analog to digital but Comcast said it had more to do with poor ratings and contract negotiations and nothing more. My Time Warner is Comcast but MSNBC is still in the bottom tier.

                      Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Digging Their Graves

                        The simple facts of economics are in play here. Nobody watches MSNBC because the shows suck for one and the vast majority of the people in this country are conservative for two. Liberal radio stations have come and very quickly gone " air America would be the latest one to die" because there is really nothing of interest to say once you get past the George Bush hate speak. When Al Frankin was a DJ there he was lucky if three people an hour called in. The problem with liberal speak is that they can rarely back up their opinions with anything other than "feelings" The social and economic arguments hardly ever hold up to scrutiny.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Digging Their Graves

                          Okay I have read a ton of articles about MSNBC and I now want my 30-mins back. This guy

                          http://monkeyinmymind.com/2009/08/25...al-conspiracy/

                          seems to be a BIG conspiracy theory nut who started out saying Romney and the GOP were behind it. He seems to have now transition to it was a financial gamble that MSNBC took but it didn't work (and he still blames the GOP).

                          Regardless of the reason it seems MSNBC in limited markets is a second tier station. Of course Fox News is a second tier channel in some markets as well so I am not sure it really matters.

                          Now if all you do is look at numbers

                          Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for May 20, 2010

                          P2+ Total Day
                          FNC – 1,191,000 viewers
                          CNN – 364,000 viewers
                          MSNBC – 428,000 viewers
                          CNBC – 224,000 viewers
                          HLN – 294,000 viewers

                          P2+ Prime Time
                          FNC – 2,437,000 viewers
                          CNN – 513,000 viewers
                          MSNBC –884,000 viewers
                          CNBC – a scratch w/105,000 viewers
                          HLN –559,000 viewers

                          you have to wonder why Fox News is not second tier and all of the others aren't basic? I'm certain it has to do with contracts more than anything else.

                          Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Digging Their Graves

                            Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            The simple facts of economics are in play here. Nobody watches MSNBC because the shows suck for one and the vast majority of the people in this country are conservative for two. Liberal radio stations have come and very quickly gone " air America would be the latest one to die" because there is really nothing of interest to say once you get past the George Bush hate speak. When Al Frankin was a DJ there he was lucky if three people an hour called in. The problem with liberal speak is that they can rarely back up their opinions with anything other than "feelings" The social and economic arguments hardly ever hold up to scrutiny.
                            Two things:

                            1. Your use of the word "vast" is way too strong or we would not have the mess we have right now with an Administration which is bucking the wants and needs of the people.

                            2. I listened to a little bit of "Air American" and believe they failed because they filled it with Bush hating dopes. I truly believe they could have made it with real news people. If you remember the Janeane Garofalo was a talk show but she would not take calls and seldom had guests. Who in their right mind would want to listen to her one-side rants for more than a few minutes?

                            Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Digging Their Graves

                              Spiff, Mark & NHM, you guys have wandered off the yellow brick road a bit
                              this thread was about our legislators giving a standing ovation to the president of a crime ridden, corrupt country that is so bad entire police forces are resigning. Illegals from mexico are in our country using government services for which they are not supporting through taxes, further more, there is a criminal element among them which is responsible for the murder of Americans and some of our law enforcement in addition to other violent crimes.

                              You guys can argue News reporting all you want, but please see the bigger picture. If the president of mexico wants a standing ovation, he should clean up that cess pool. We should send our troops into mexico to squash the drug gangs and reestablish law and order so that some of their decent citizens don't have to break our laws to live in peace.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Digging Their Graves

                                he pretty much got a standing ovation without having to do any of that
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X