X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digging Their Graves

What a great country we have! The president of a country where the crime is so bad that entire police forces quit, speaks before our congress and insults the actions of a state where one in ten residents is an illegal from his country, and he gets a standing ovation!

Enjoy your time in power folks, because the first chance voters get you will be out. Holder, napilitano, and our President should be ashamed to support such behavior while at the same time doing nothing to help AZ deal with all those illegals breaking our laws.

Now I hear that the head of I.C.E. may not process the illegals handed over by AZ. He should thank them for doing his job, and if he feels the fed, not states should be dealing with the problem of illegals, then what is he waiting for?????

Come on elections, these clowns are digging their own political graves.

Re: Digging Their Graves

What goes largely unreported are the actions that the administration has taken. Probably because FOX news can't find a way to spin certain facts against the current administration.

Under the Obama administration border security has steadily increased. Troop levels on the Mexican American border are at an all time high, higher then any previous administration.

Under the Obama administration deportations of illegal aliens has increased significantly. Both criminal and non-criminal deportations.

It is hardly fair to say they are doing nothing to stop the problem when the truth is they are setting historic records combating the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
      What goes largely unreported are the actions that the administration has taken. Probably because FOX news can't find a way to spin certain facts against the current administration.

Under the Obama administration border security has steadily increased. Troop levels on the Mexican American border are at an all time high, higher then any previous administration.

Under the Obama administration deportations of illegal aliens has increased significantly. Both criminal and non-criminal deportations.

It is hardly fair to say they are doing nothing to stop the problem when the truth is they are setting historic records combating the issue.
      Read my post, the fact that our legislators gave a standing ovation to the leader of such a country is disgraceful in my opinion. You and others may not share my opinons and that's fine, but it does not change what happened. We and the illegals have not gotten a resolve to this problem under either the democrats or republicans. Both parties pander to the mexican government and keep the illegals running for their lives and living in the shadows while tax paying Americans foot the bill for all the services they burden. The criminal element both American and illegal needs to also be squashed. Like I said in my earlier post things are so bad entire police departments are resigning in mexico, we need our troops there and so do the decent people of mexico.

Comment

Boytyperanma..have you ever been in Arizona?
        Have you ever been west of the Mississippi?
        Until you experience reality you have no clue!

I'm trying to be patient and quiet with the rants but
        one of the reasons we are [the state] financially stressed is because of illegals! and the garbage they bring..the amount of trash, bodies
        etc they leave in what was beautiful desert is simply obscene!

I applaud those entering our country legally! You respect our laws and society. I welcome you and wish you good luck and a good life
        and assimilate into our country while keeping you heritage

Those sneaking into our country are ILLEGAL you have broken our laws and I have no interest in someone who breaks our laws etc....you are not welcome here!

Too many Americans have died to keep our country a place where people want to come to....How many folks are sneaking into iran, iraq, mexico, argentina, china, north korea etc!!!!!!

Debating the subject is one thing but breaking the law is quite another issue.

Cactus Man

Comment

What did he say that you consider an insult?

I was aware he was in DC but unaware that he addressed the entire congressional body.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
            Boytyperanma..have you ever been in Arizona?
            Have you ever been west of the Mississippi?
            I've been to Phoenix. The drive was from Albuquerque to LA with an overnight stop there. There are very few states in the country I haven't spent at least a night in.

Until you experience reality you have no clue!

I'm trying to be patient and quiet with the rants but
            one of the reasons we are [the state] financially stressed is because of illegals! and the garbage they bring..the amount of trash, bodies
            etc they leave in what was beautiful desert is simply obscene!
            I think you are scape-goating the easiest targets. Financial stress, garbage trash and bodies are not unique aspects of illegal immigrants. Natural-born 'Americans' cause these problems too.

I applaud those entering our country legally! You respect our laws and society. I welcome you and wish you good luck and a good life
            and assimilate into our country while keeping you heritage

Those sneaking into our country are ILLEGAL you have broken our laws and I have no interest in someone who breaks our laws etc....you are not welcome here!
            That is were a great level of disconnect comes into play in this debate. You say those who come legally are welcome. There isn't a legal mechanism for a Mexican to immigrate to the US. Sure if they marry an American they can come over but for an unskilled laborer there are no options.

We have a maximum immigration quota for every country in the world. You happen to know what that quota is for Mexico?

The problem is immigration. The system isn't working because it can't work as it is set now.

As McCain said back when I still had respect for him 'No wall, no barrier, no sensor, no barbed wire will ever stop people from trying to do what is a basic yearning of human beings all over the world, and that is to have better lives for themselves and their families'

You can blame them for coming and punish them for trying but that doesn't solve the problem. Four years ago an able and capable president tried to offer a solution and his own party turned around and offered him his most humiliating defeat. The current president IMO is less likely to be able to take on that debate and be victorious.

It seems to me people would rather take action scapegoating the victims of bad policy then demand their representatives create good policy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
              What did he say that you consider an insult?

I was aware he was in DC but unaware that he addressed the entire congressional body.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asCfc_Vx-9A

Comment

He expressed an opinion about a state law. A state that shares a border with his country. A neighboring nation state.

He did express concern that the best, hardest working people are leaving Mexico. He said several things I don't think anyone can take issue with.

The AZ law doesn't solve the problem. It is the creation of racists. And while many people that agree with the law are not racist, it is a simple political fact that these peoples concerns have been hijacked by racists.

This the law won't do anything to quicken the already declining illegal population. Just like sending 12 million illegals back will never happen. They are here. They have become integrated into industry, economies and families. They can not be separated and forced out of the country.

What is the procedure for immigrating to the US from Mexico? Does anyone know?

Comment

I've been to Phoenix. The drive was from Albuquerque to LA with an overnight stop there. There are very few states in the country I haven't spent at least a night in.

I think you are scape-goating the easiest targets. Financial stress, garbage trash and bodies are not unique aspects of illegal immigrants. Natural-born 'Americans' cause these problems too.

That is were a great level of disconnect comes into play in this debate. You say those who come legally are welcome. There isn't a legal mechanism for a Mexican to immigrate to the US. Sure if they marry an American they can come over but for an unskilled laborer there are no options.

We have a maximum immigration quota for every country in the world. You happen to know what that quota is for Mexico?

The problem is immigration. The system isn't working because it can't work as it is set now.

As McCain said back when I still had respect for him 'No wall, no barrier, no sensor, no barbed wire will ever stop people from trying to do what is a basic yearning of human beings all over the world, and that is to have better lives for themselves and their families'

You can blame them for coming and punish them for trying but that doesn't solve the problem. Four years ago an able and capable president tried to offer a solution and his own party turned around and offered him his most humiliating defeat. The current president IMO is less likely to be able to take on that debate and be victorious.

It seems to me people would rather take action scapegoating the victims of bad policy then demand their representatives create good policy.

Not always that cut and dry. Take it from one that knows first hand.

James

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                    He expressed an opinion about a state law. A state that shares a border with his country. A neighboring nation state.

He did express concern that the best, hardest working people are leaving Mexico. He said several things I don't think anyone can take issue with.

The AZ law doesn't solve the problem. It is the creation of racists. And while many people that agree with the law are not racist, it is a simple political fact that these peoples concerns have been hijacked by racists.

This the law won't do anything to quicken the already declining illegal population. Just like sending 12 million illegals back will never happen. They are here. They have become integrated into industry, economies and families. They can not be separated and forced out of the country.

What is the procedure for immigrating to the US from Mexico? Does anyone know?
                    This is not about a race or racism this is about illegal immigration. There are a ton of Hispanics who support this law so does that make them racists? I was talking to a friend last week who has been here illegally for over 20-years. She has finally started the paperwork to become legal which is way over do.

She is from Guatemala not Mexico but has to travel through Mexico when she travels back and forth to Guatemala. She said she is more afraid to get caught in Mexico than the US because they are so much tougher in Mexico. Is it racist when Mexico arrests and incarcerates Guatemalans for being there illegally? Is it racist when the women get raped, the men get beaten and all of their possessions are stolen? Calderon has no credibility to talk to our Congress about Human Rights and immigration yet half of Congress stood up and applauded him.

The Arizona law is less strict than the Federal Law. The Arizona Law makes it illegal not to enforce laws which are already in the books. The Arizona Law makes it tougher on the employer than the illegals they hire. The illegals will just go home the employers can lose their business or Contractor licenses. The Arizona Law requires when criminals who are illegal are released they are turned over to ICE not back into the communities. How is this a bad law?

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

The truth is there has not been an effort to stem illegal immigration by any Administration in decades. To blame Fox News for under reporting assumes all of the other news agencies must be ignoring it as well.

Mexico has always been the number one country of legal immigration to the United States and dwarfs second place by a bunch. The numbers are in the low 6-figures but one has to wonder how much higher they might be if we eliminated the 10,000,000 or so who snuck in here illegally?

Mark

Comment

Spiff, try to picture this scenario. You and your neighbor each have ten children, and big extended families. His children and some extended family come to your house to escape some of his nephews who are dealing drugs and causing problems at his house, where he is not able to control.

While at your house some of his beat up your kids, one of his nephews rapes your wife, and all the food they are eating and electricity they are using is hitting your wallet to the point that you send them back home OR ask them to help pay the bills. You also put up a fence to keep more of his family from coming over to your home.

Sunday dinner at your home with all your family, your neighbor shows up and starts talking about how you are a bad person for picking on his kids and other relatives who invaded your home and burdened your finances.

Spiff, do you see how insulting such behavior is? Do you see how your neighbor who did not take care of his problems is attacking you for taking a stand? Before you or he insult or place blame on the USA for enforcing it's laws, he has to cleanup his country! Calderon must keep his citizens safe, employed, well fed and respectful of their neighbors. I maintain that what he did was wrong on many levels and proves he is a failure, not AZ.

I'm all for reform, and resolving the situation of the millions of illegals already here, BUT our laws must be respected and the violent, corrupt reality of mexico must change.

Comment

Speaking of FOX, it takes a comedian to put Rupert Murdoch's empire into proper context.

"This is what I admire: any news organization can 'gather' news, but [Rupert] Murdoch knows how to make it a sustainable crop. You see, he plants the news in the Wall Street Journal, he fertilizes it in The New York Post, and then he harvests it on Fox News."
                          ---Stephen Colbert

Comment

I think Fox News does a great job of reporting on certain issues which mainstream media ignores. Perspectives and opinons vary regarding illegal immigration, but the facts remain( statistics and events).

I found the speach by president calderon insulting towards all America not just AZ. He is the president of a dangerous, murderous, corrupt sewer where decent folks run for their lives and entire police departments resign. I think he has a lot of nerve to criticize AZ for trying to capture and return his countrymen, or to do so by profiling since a blue eyed blond hardly fits the descritiption of the people from his country who are here illegally by the millions!

If you are for reform, take a stand towards that end. Don't encourage more illegals to risk their lives coming here to live in the shadows while burdening our economy.

The blame for lack of reform does not lie with Fox News or the people of AZ who are trying to manage a out of control situation the fed has ignored for too many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              I think Fox News does a great job of reporting on certain issues which mainstream media ignores. Perspectives and opinons vary regarding illegal immigration, but the facts remain( statistics and events).

I found the speach by president calderon insulting towards all America not just AZ. He is the president of a dangerous, murderous, corrupt sewer where decent folks run for their lives and entire police departments resign. I think he has a lot of nerve to criticize AZ for trying to capture and return his countrymen, or to do so by profiling since a blue eyed blond hardly fits the descritiption of the people from his country who are here illegally by the millions!

If you are for reform, take a stand towards that end. Don't encourage more illegals to risk their lives coming here to live in the shadows while burdening our economy.

The blame for lack of reform does not lie with Fox News or the people of AZ who are trying to manage a out of control situation the fed has ignored for too many years.
                              Speaking of dangerous, my son's neighbor in Houston migrated there from Mexico City because he was tired of getting kidnapped. The contrast between poor and ridiculously wealthy is alive and well in Mexico. Perhaps Calderon should address that instead of our Countries immigration policy. I would be willing to adopt whatever immigration plan for the US that Mexico uses.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X