Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farrells Ice Cream Parlor

Does anyone remember them?
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Farrells Ice Cream Parlor

Hold on ya'll....Paw Paw's having a moment.

Didn't have them here Mr. Mark. Only thing we had was Tastee Freez.

http://www.tastee-freez.com/

J.C.

Comment

In my younger days we have neighborhood icecream parlors and icecream was a occassional treat. Now, many pounds later unless we have a couple boxes of icecream in the fridge there is something very wrong. The popular stores in my area are carvel or friendly's.

When I started working as an adult there was a neighborhood icecream parlor that made their own icecream, hot fudge, chocolates, whipped cream and and and , I got to go eat now!

Comment

I thought I heard talk they were going to open the Woodland Hills one back up?

Comment

Heard they were coming back to town. Been close to thirty years since they closed their only store here.

Comment

Awww Now
            Looky what they did Spiffs.
            Here they had two popular locations close to both you and I.

Now they've decided to put one out in the middle of the desert.
            In Mark's back yard.
            Great place to take the grandkids heh Mark

Do we need to buy memberships

They know how to make a Dah-Dah Ricky shake

Comment

Perhaps it is just an Internet rumor?

I do like my Ben and Jerry's, and there is a Ben and Jerry's parlor nearby, but it is right in the middle of hippieville.

A good ol' fashion ice cream parlor sounds real good right about now.

Comment

Luckily for me, there is Roundeau's Ice Cream, in Ware, MA. Where the ice cream is hand made. It's funny too, the owner detests soft serve ice cream with a passion to the point of making a sign stating as such.

Comment

it's been 40 years last time i was there. 2nd grade summer.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

There was a Farrell's in Springfield Mall when I was in junior high. We would go to the mall and play Defender and Galaga til we ran out of quarters (I was such a video geek) then get a giant sundae at Farrells. If it was your birthday they would ring a bell and flash the lights while the waiters run up and down the isles caring a dessert called The Pig Trough. I had like 6 birthdays that year

Comment

Okay for those who don't know, Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor is nothing like your normal ice cream joint. We had the Foster's Freeze, Dairy Queen and Tastee Freez but none of them could compare to a Farrell's.

Bob Farrell started the first one in Oregon and they spread like wildfire from there. The ones in my area were 10,000 square fit of party. When Brenda and I were growing up Farrell's is where you went for birthdays or on Friday Nights after a football game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_TQIF8_XzI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTM2_TI9W0o

After Bob Farrell left the business there were some management problems and one by one they all closed down. After a bunch of court battles they open a new Farrell's about a mile from me about 8-years ago. For Brenda's 50th Birthday I planned a big surprise Birthday Party for her. While the place is smaller than the original one we went to the atmosphere and menu were unchanged. She was so surprised she seemed to have lost about 35-years that night. They have now opened one up in Mission Viejo and a couple in Hawaii. It will be fun to see if they can make a recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asRoo...eature=related

Marki
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

We wen to Farrells quite a bit for various birthdays and such. I miss the place. I'd heard a couple of months ago they were going to open a store near us, but no signs of life to my knowledge.

I'll have to Google it.
                        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

There was alot of buzz about it last fall but no new news since then. Bummer.
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I tried out Cold Stone Creamery for the first time last night - pretty tasty.

They have a deal with Tim Horton's up here.

Expensive, but tasty. Stayed cold till the last bite, unlike a Blizzard which I normally would have.
                            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Farrells Ice Cream Parlor

I've heard of them but can't remember ever being to one of them.

Around my area we had fancy Gifford's Ice Cream parlors and while the Gifford's brand of ice cream is still around, their retail stores are not much other than over priced dumpy places. I find it better to just get some at a local market in pints or quarts. Personally I really don't think the quality is like it was.

There is a family restaurant about a 1/2 hour drive from me where they still make up home made very good ice cream, but for this spring they installed a "Glop" machine .... They still have the real thing for us people that want it.

Comment

Working...
                              X