Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Foul AZ Solution

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
    It's not very fair to say you were quoting the state of California when that quote I referred to isn't on any State of California site.

In the future am I welcome to say I'm quoting you when in fact I'm using my own words?
    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    The link I gave you is where I came up with the cost per student. The 300,000 is the number the ACLU used when they were fighting Prop. 187. As I said I am guessing the 300,000 number is really much higher but the State does not seem to track illegal alien numbers.

Mark
    Okay, I finally found an article from F.A.I.R. related to California's illegal aliens in K-12. They have the number at 15% of all students. That would mean they are saying the number of illegal alien students is around 900,000. I don't know what the number is for sure but it must be somewhere between the ACLU and F.A.I.R.

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServe...suecentersffec

Now add to that, illegal aliens pay Resident tuition when attending the States higher education system. So not only do we pay during K-12 we also subsidize their higher education.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Of course none of us are thrilled about the illegal population. They are here, they have had children here and businesses have become dependent on their labor.

Unless you want to change the constitution, their children that have born here are legal.

Farmers rely on the migrant, illegals to harvest crops. Entire agri communities are comprised of illegals.

People complain about the illegals breaking our law, but penalty for the law they are breaking is less severe than the penalty for actually employing, housing or otherwise aiding an abetting an illegal alien. I agree, lets start enforcing the laws.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        I have to agree. I was about to say I don't understand or even know why it is a discussion.

J.C.
        J.C., it's a discussion because it affects our economy, our safety, and millions of people who are here earning income and living among us. It is a necessary discussion because while some if not most of us see this as a clear cut breaking of our laws, enough Americans profit from illegals or simply refuse to face what is happening to have the issue somehow resolved.

Through these discussions we are able to understand eachother's thinking on the subject. Hopefully we can learn some things we didn't know. My understanding and opinons has changed over the years from a simple "send them back" attitude, to a "resolve this issue in a fair but stern manner".

Saying a few hundred or even thousand people are here illegally forty or fifty years ago is one thing, but after ten or so million are here working and raising families, I for one have to believe our government glady looked the other way for a real long time! I think it would be sort of hypocritical to suddenly say everyone pick up and go back to mexico. Secure the border, work out a fair but stern plan to deal with those here, and clean up the cess pool calderon calls mexico. The time for simple solutions was fifty or so years ago.

Comment

According to the US Labor Department, 53% of all farm workers are illegal. So the question is who picked the produce before the illegals and why can't they do it again.

I have a friend who is a grower in Santa Maria growing both gourmet broccoli and strawberries. He has a decent size operation. His enclosed green house alone is 5-acres. All of his employees are eVerified before they are hired. Much of his produce is exported to Japan.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Okay, I finally found an article from F.A.I.R. related to California's illegal aliens in K-12. They have the number at 15% of all students. That would mean they are saying the number of illegal alien students is around 900,000. I don't know what the number is for sure but it must be somewhere between the ACLU and F.A.I.R.
            Again there is a distinction. That FAIR article said 15% of students are children of illegal immigrants. Children born in the US are citizens regardless of their parentage. A majority of children born to illegal immigrants are born in the US. Some of that 15% may well be illegal immigrants, but you can not simply say all of those students are illegal aliens, which is what you are doing.

Originally posted by FAIR
            Nearly 15 percent of the K-12 public school students in California are children of illegal aliens.
            If you throw every non-citizen out of the country we'd still be responsible for the cost of educating the children who are citizens. Unless you want to strip children of citizenship we are already stuck with those costs.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
              Again there is a distinction. That FAIR article said 15% of students are children of illegal immigrants. Children born in the US are citizens regardless of their parentage. A majority of children born to illegal immigrants are born in the US. Some of that 15% may well be illegal immigrants, but you can not simply say all of those students are illegal aliens, which is what you are doing.

If you throw every non-citizen out of the country we'd still be responsible for the cost of educating the children who are citizens. Unless you want to strip children of citizenship we are already stuck with those costs.
              I believe those who are in the country illegal but have citizen children should get some kind of residency. That said I strongly feel the Constitution should be changed to drop the citizen rights just for being born here.

As for the number of children in K-12 in California I don't know it there is a way to come to that number. San Jose is small compared to other cities yet they told the GAO they believed they had 20,000 illegal alien students in their schools.

Assuming the State is giving a number of 1,275,000 Spanish speaking students it seems the number of illegals would be substantial. These kids would vary in age from 5 through 18-years old. Some may be legal but I doubt many would not have a working knowledge of English at a fairly young age.

For argument sake, let's say 100% of the 1,275,000 Spanish speaking students are legal. That does not change the fact that they are still a burden on the system which could not possibly be offset by the money their parents contribute to the economy.

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X