No announcement yet.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Thanks! We'll be up in your old stomping grounds either this summer or next. We like saying at the Fairfield Inn at Painted Post and use it as our base when exploring the lakes, Corning, the Glen, etc. Youngest likes the waterfront at Ham-and-pork (she was about five the first time she was there, and that's how she still remembers it. )

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
    Steve,

Thanks for your great service and the many contributions to the Ridgid forum.

I have no doubt that once your get into those retirement hours, you'll be wondering how in the world you ever had time for your employment at Ridgid. With your interests, I'm sure you will still not find enough time to do them all justice, but it will certainly be fun trying.

Best wishes to you and your family for a very long, healthy, and happy life with many decades ahead,

CWS
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Enjoy your time Steve!!!!!!

Next time your in Maine look us up
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
        ^^ Didn't see that one, and I'm not the die guy. I do know that when we test cut, we thread to the end of the threads on the cutting die. The size you show has the last teeth recessed from the full width of the die stock, so that's where I'd stop.

I do know that each market has their preference as far as length of thread. Japan like them so that only one or less thread shows after assembly, and parts of Europe like several (a lot!) showing.

Besides, you've got the guys doing this for a living here to help with the practical application of this stuff. While we know how it is used, there are always local and regional requirements of preferences. We'll make the tool for you to do what you need. These guys can help figure out what you need.
        Just can't stop woking can you? Maybe you get your own ridgid forum section?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Congratulations on your retirement! I hope you can get all your projects done.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Sincerely, I do hope you make a point to check into the Forum once every week or two. Always have interesting thought and are the most helpful in your area of Ridgid product.

I'll keep my eye on your garage page to see what comes, goes, and maybe gets restored.

The Best to You.

(If you cry on Friday, I will call you the P word.)

J.C.

Comment

Congrats on your retirement. Enjoy it and try to stay busy. Thanks for your hard work.

Comment

Steve glad to hear that you are going to be enjoying all the free time that comes with retirement. Hope to see ya around and keep in touch
                ________
                Toyota voltz
                Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:46 PM.
                Mike

Comment

smorris

I'm sure you'll be missed so be sure to keep in contact. I'm sure you'll find plenty to do in retirement. Please do keep in contact with the forum even if it means changing your member name.

Comment

I had a great send-off from the gang at work, and a fun time at the local pub after work last night!

profile changed...

Thanks again for the well wishes,
                    Steve
                    Steve
                    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Keep that avatar. My favorite. Hope you want to check in at least once a month.

(I'll probably have a threader question that only you can or WILL answer. )

Have fun!

J.C.

Comment

Enjoy Steve and do the things that are important to you.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Enjoy your retirement Steve and thanks for all those great tools you help design. I'm sure I've got a bunch of 'em.

I do hope you will find time to check in on the Forum, you have certainly been a great help to many people here and there is just no substitute for those 30 years.

I hope to be able to do the same come September 1st.
                          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                            Enjoy your retirement Steve and thanks for all those great tools you help design. I'm sure I've got a bunch of 'em.
                            Thanks Bob. Actually, I have very few of the tools I designed while at RIDGID. I have a 418 Oiler I put together from some prototype and sample parts, a Tri-Bender, and I was given a 425 TriStand on Thursday along with my retirement cake. I have a few sizes of heavy duty wrenches, a couple tubing cutters, and the 75th Anniversary boxed wrench set, but I didn't work on those.

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                            I hope to be able to do the same come September 1st.
                            Good luck! Hope that pans out.

Steve
                            Steve
                            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                            X