Dental Abuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dental Abuse

I'm not here to tell anyone how much money they're entitled to make, but I'm a little put off by the prices orthodontists charge. I just don't get how such little actual "work" equates to such grand prices. I understand there are maybe calculations, and adjustments, and technique, but I have a real hard time with those prices.

It's probably that they *know* parents will fork over money to prevent their precious kids from looking hideous.

Comment

It's probably that they *know* parents will fork over money to prevent their precious kids from looking hideous.
      I think it's more they know most anyone would rather pay a couple grand
      than "look hideous" as you put it, and I think they (dentists) are right.

I've said it before, I think dentists have consciously chosen NOT to be included in HMOs,
      PPOs, etc because they make more money by NOT being a participant in those plans.

They know people have little choice and will come to them no matter what it costs, so
      they keep their prices high.

When I was working I had one of those so called 'Cadillac' health plans. It was paid for
      by me it cost a bundle (>$15K/yr for 2 adults). Just about everything was covered to the
      hilt EXCEPT dental which was only $800/yr per person. After that you're on your own.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I've already made an appointment with my regular Dentist so I will know soon. The entire time I was at the other place I felt like I was in a Time-Share sales pitch.

Mark

When they start writing upside down,sitting across from you .
        Its time to back away from the table

Comment

HEY!!!
          You stole my material per our conversation.

Now I'm going to have to steal another one from P-Ricky to get thread of the week
          Sorry for interupting....
          Please continue

Where the --ll are my smiley's...Is that hard to bring them back

Comment

Where the --ll are my smiley's...Is that hard to bring them back
            The TOTW got lost along the way too.
            I guess its time had come and gone.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
            X