X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintence man asking for a kick back

I went to a condo complex to look at a hot tub that the owner of a different condo complex bought.
    The whole time I was there he keeps saying don't forget him,be sure and bring him something when we get the tub,etc...etc.That day I said that I would be back in 30 min to disconnect it.I had to wait a hour for him to open the door.
    Today we are there with the crane at 7 am(told I would be there at 7)8 and the door is still locked.So we start riding the crane up...now he opens the door...jeez.
    As soon as we tied onto it he wants to know where his is?I asked how the hell to you figure you should get a tip?Man you made me and my crew wait a hour twice because you didn't open the door.He even called the office bitching lol
    I do not do jobs like that...heck with him

Re: Maintence man asking for a kick back

Originally posted by IamVince View Post
    I went to a condo complex to look at a hot tub that the owner of a different condo complex bought.
    The whole time I was there he keeps saying don't forget him,be sure and bring him something when we get the tub,etc...etc.That day I said that I would be back in 30 min to disconnect it.I had to wait a hour for him to open the door.
    Today we are there with the crane at 7 am(told I would be there at 7)8 and the door is still locked.So we start riding the crane up...now he opens the door...jeez.
    As soon as we tied onto it he wants to know where his is?I asked how the hell to you figure you should get a tip?Man you made me and my crew wait a hour twice because you didn't open the door.He even called the office bitching lol
    I do not do jobs like that...heck with him
    The jerk will probably not be calling you back in the future anyway, so if I were you, I would tell your story to his boss, or the president of the homeowner's association.

Comment

I agree, that's all the "his" he deserves.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

local? continental? down islander?

i had a guy keep reminding me not to forget him. i finally said something like, "i won't forget you. you have an easy name to remember" he snapped back about "his sponsorship". i shook my head, chuuped him and walked away as he said something about a mother skunk

the joys of living in paradise

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Maybe he's retired from the dept of Minerals and Mining Oversight.

CWS

Comment

When people ask me for a kick back I usually tell them I will have to ask your friend/client how much extra I should charge to cover your kick back. They don't ask after that.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
              local? continental? down islander?

i had a guy keep reminding me not to forget him. i finally said something like, "i won't forget you. you have an easy name to remember" he snapped back about "his sponsorship". i shook my head, chuuped him and walked away as he said something about a mother skunk

the joys of living in paradise

steve
              He has been on STJ awhile but I think he's from PR.
              My first thought was "does your boss know that you are extorting people?"
              All I could do to not say anything till after we had the tub after that I let him know how he didn't deserve anything.
              One of my guys said after we back charged him for making a crane and 6 guys wait an extra hour he really owed us...lol

Comment

PR or Santo? just curious

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                  PR or Santo? just curious

steve
                  PR he is working on the serenosa job in St John.
                  Seemed like he was waiting on his money before opening the door...We just started riding up on the crane.Paulie is his name...lol one of our office guys is black but from the state's.He was trying to get it from him,even tried the hey we are both black...lol.Nope Paulie you aint.After I told our office guy what I said to him he said oh ok that explains why he was cussing him..lol
                  Not sure if you have heard about the Grand Bay job but it has been dragging on for years.We took it over after firing all the management.Lots of stealing going on...million's.Maybe he thought we were part of the old management.
                  Nope our company does not play that crap.

Comment

Sounds good ! A swift kick in the ballz
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If a former customer gives me lead and my company get the job we give out gift cards or something along those lines. There is no way I would not give a maintenance person a kick back since his job is maintenance he is already getting paid to do his job.
                      Cheers
                      DCT Siding

Comment

We do also...set us up with a nice kitchen job and the owner will usually cut you a check.
                        This guys attitude just sucked.If he had been more helpful maybe I would've brought him a six pack or bought him lunch.
                        I think our office is going to let his boss know what he is doing out there.

Comment

Working...
                        X