Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bp fix ,to plug oil.

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    BRING ON THE U.S. NAVY! They have the best Equept., and can do, in the World !

A W.W. 2 Attitude would deal with This! Those Men are gone. We have no leadership in Govt.
    I'm not trying to disparage the Navy. They do have great equipment for fighting wars or humanitarian missions; but they don't have great equipment for drilling oil.

There was an article linked on Drudge today about Thad Allen, the Coast Guard Admiral in charge; and said something to the effect of "What would federalization mean, that we tell the contractors to fix it instead of BP telling contractors to fix it?" Like it or not, the best industry to get us out of this particular mess is the one that got us into it. I could believe for example that Exxon, Norway's Statoil, or others in the industry might be better than BP, but I doubt the Navy knows more about oil wells than BP.

It isn't like BP has no incentives to fix this, if they don't the company is going to go under.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      we use test balls and jet sweats. why can't they make one out of a heavy enough material and expand it.

can the metal pipe be crimped to a semi closed position?

a hydraulic jaw can pinch it pretty tight and slow it down.

do i need to bring them my propress and show them a thing or 2

rick.

took them 12 hours to free their stuck saw.

now they are listening to the forum and and are going to shear it.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        It isn't like BP has no incentives to fix this, if they don't the company is going to go under.
        Their stock is tumbling. Hard to say if investors are selling off out of protest or pragmatism. Going under may be a foregone conclusion at this point. It certainly has to be in the back of their minds.

All it will take is one hurricane and this stuff is going to be everywhere. One big emulsion.

It's like watching a train wreck in ultra slow motion hoping the next frame isn't as bad as you think it's going to be.
        Last edited by SpiffPeters; 06-03-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          I'm not trying to disparage the Navy. They do have great equipment for fighting wars or humanitarian missions; but they don't have great equipment for drilling oil.

There was an article linked on Drudge today about Thad Allen, the Coast Guard Admiral in charge; and said something to the effect of "What would federalization mean, that we tell the contractors to fix it instead of BP telling contractors to fix it?" Like it or not, the best industry to get us out of this particular mess is the one that got us into it. I could believe for example that Exxon, Norway's Statoil, or others in the industry might be better than BP, but I doubt the Navy knows more about oil wells than BP.

SORRY, BP IS INCOMPETENT ! THEY PROVE THIS DAILY . Let the mollusks vote !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I don't think they are incompetent. They just made a greed to risk decision that bit them and the world in the azz.

They knew what they were doing.

J.C.

Comment

Looks like they are trying to cap it right now.

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_inte...ov_stream.html

J.C.

Comment

BP obviously screwed up. The Navy is very good at some things, that doesn't mean they are good as BP at drilling oil wells. If BP is truly incompetent, or criminal/crooked/lying, replacing them with another oil company would make sense; but you want someone with a core competence of oil field services.

The issue here is people are trying to do things that have never done before. If someone says you need to put a man on Mars by next month, and you fail it doesn't mean you're incompetent; it means you're given a difficult task. The incompetence isn't in dealing with the problem; it is setting up the circumstances that allowed it to exist in the first place.

Comment

looks like they have a ball valve they are trying to operate. except the leak is below the valve/ well casing.

time to bring in the forum members

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Well they've got some sort of top over it. Looks like about a 6" ballvalve (no idea what kind of valve) on top open and blowing pretty strong.

Still leaking like he!! around this "top" thing though. Appears to be no positive seal.

Looks like they need about a 12" ball valve to me.

J.C.

Comment

For anyone interested in this oil spill there is a great deal of information in forums here...

http://theoildrum.com/

A lot of oil industry people there explaining exactly what is going on and why some of these simple solutions we think of are not options...

You can view multiple feeds from the ROVs at this link below...

http://mxl.fi/bpfeeds/

Double click on any feed to go full screen with it and ESC to get back to the multiple feeds.
                      411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Working...
                      X