Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Choices

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    All you have to do is call him and ask him to schedule you in. However, if you go, please don't embarrass me by doing something silly.

Mark
    Jonny Law said he doesn't want to take him because he would have to have snacks, keep pulliing off so Rick could tinkle and he was concerned Rick wouldn't stay awake and need to go home before the end of the ride. Did you forget?
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Well, that's another way at looking at the situation. I may be wrong but I think most of the accidents on the autobahn are fatal. I also think folks driving at those sppeds have good driving skills and vehicles built and properly maintained for those speeds. A lot of folks here change tires when the fabric is showing.

You also have to accept that if you think you are driving fast and own the road, someone just a little crazier than you will ram you in the rear. One morning I was switching highways and immediately reached 100MPH in the center lane, very little traffic when a corvette passed me on the right like I was parked! All I saw was a blur and it was gone, had to be doing 150MPH+.
      You really can't get to where you are going faster if the speed limits are raised and there are more accidents.
      Darwinism at it's finest. Yes there will be the initial bloodbath the first couple of months, however, those that survive the roads truely have earned the the right to operate their vehicles on those highways, the rest will be too afraid otherwise and stand aside as we the "glorious" move on by with more important matters unhindered.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        Jonny Law said he doesn't want to take him because he would have to have snacks, keep pulling off so Rick could tinkle and he was concerned Rick wouldn't stay awake and need to go home before the end of the ride. Did you forget?
        Okay now I remember.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

wtf

you know i can handle my candy

plus i don't tinkle

i leak

and as all good plumbers,i seldom have a leak

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            wtf

you know i can handle my candy

plus i don't tinkle

i leak

and as all good plumbers,i seldom have a leak

rick.
            All I can say to that is the older I have gotten, the worse a plumber I have become.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

The problem with treating our highways like the autobahn is that they are not engineered to as high a standard. We have corners that are too sharp, hills that are too steep and the pavement is not as thick as the Autobahn. Our highways will not sustain the speeds encountered in Germany.

Trust me, I'd love it if they would. I love to drive fast. I just can't afford to do it. 15 mph over and I lose my CDL, which means in Oregon I can only go 79 mph. I really enjoyed my drive to Vegas last summer. Got into some 75 mph zones! Woo hoo, off to the races!
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                The problem with treating our highways like the autobahn is that they are not engineered to as high a standard. We have corners that are too sharp, hills that are too steep and the pavement is not as thick as the Autobahn. Our highways will not sustain the speeds encountered in Germany.
                Our infrastructure reflects out attitude towards driving, It isn't built for speed, it's built for economy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                  Our infrastructure reflects out attitude towards driving, It isn't built for speed, it's built for economy.
                  I think that may be in local situations, take I80, I70 I25 I76 I90 through Nebraska, Wyoming, Kansas Colorado, and probly many other western states, most of that was built for 100 mph travel, then the idiocy congress put on the 55 mph limit and screwed up most of it, now it is reposted at 75 mph in most places, (but the cars are not built for 100mph any more, like my old 69 galaxy it loved to run, and was built for running), yes many of them will reach 100, but the design of it is not for speed like they were building in the late 60's early 70's before the EPA and Congress screw things up,(no the mountain roads of Colorado are not built for that kind of speed),

even the two lane black top are posted at 65 around here for the most part, just follow the warning mph on curves,

before federal mandated 55 mph Montana did not have speed limits,
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    before federal mandated 55 mph Montana did not have speed limits,
                    But it did have a $5.00 fuel wastage fee. You could even pay the cop that pulled you over. My brother used to see how many of the fee's he could get while travelling across the state.

Mick

Comment

Working...
                    X