X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime warranty question?

I was at the Home Depot today and was looking at purchasing a corded drill. I was comparing the different one's and noticed that the Rigid said it had a lifetime warranty. When I read the box it says that it has a 90 return for any reason. Then there is a 3 year guarantee from Rigid. Finally it said the purchaser could register for a Lifetime warranty with Rigid at this website. I haven't purchased the drill yet but wanted to know if that is still accurate. Does it cost any extra? What all is involved in that process? I tried asking 2 different HD employees but they both had that deer-in-the-headlights look and didn't seem to know anything about it.

Any help? Thank you in advance for any information you can give.
    Last edited by DTFan; 06-05-2010, 12:14 AM. Reason: Resolved!

Re: Lifetime warranty question?

It is a lifetime service contract. It doesn't cost anything. You after buying the tool you simple register it with Ridgid online. It is a pretty self explanatory process.

https://register.ridgidpower.com/

Comment

There is a little more to it than just registering online. You also need to mail in a copy of the sale receipt and the UPC from the box the tool comes in. In the cover letter you send in it's a good idea to reference the Model Number of the tool and also the Ridgid assigned registration number that will be assigned to the tool when you register it online. It usually take quite a long time for your tool to get registered into the Lifetime Service Agreement Program as there is a huge backlog. Be patient and eventually your tool will make it into the program. Keep in mind that if for some reason you have a problem with the tool before the LLSA kicks in, the standard 3 Year Warranty will cover it anyways.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'll second Badger Dave's advice!

The "Warranty" is only three years, and, as you mentioned, you have a 90-day return should anything go wrong with the tool or you are just not happy with it's performance.

The "Limited Lifetime" thing is a "Service Agreement" and NOT a "warranty". Basically, the "agreement" is that IF you properly register the tool (like Badger Dave describes) then Ridgid agrees to provide repair service for as long as you own that particular tool.

Registration requires that you enter all the pertinent information at the link that " boytyperanma " provided, and then you must send a copy of your sales receipt and the original UPC that you cut from the product carton; along with all the information (name, address, product #, serial #, and the Ridgid online registration # that was provided). The process takes anywhere from five to eight months, but your "Dashboard" will eventually show that the "3-year" warranty is upgraded to "LLSA".

The LLSA covers motors, bearings, and various other parts, including batteries and chargers. It does NOT cover certain short-term wear items like the hook & loop pads on the sander; but, pretty much everything else is covered. It's a great program and well worth the few minutes it's takes to do the paperwork and mailing.

One note however... this is NOT a "return to HomeDepot" program! Many buyers seem to get confused over this. The LLSA requires that all service be done at an "authorized" Ridgid Service Center. Your local "orange apron" may tell you differently... but such things are just part of the "urban legend tales" that too many of these people are know for. Cute, but rarely ever accurate.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thank you everyone!!!

The information was fast and very helpful. I'll be purchasing it tomorrow. Wow - I'm stunned at how helpful this forum was. Thank you again.

Time to mark this thread "resolved."

Comment

One more thing (if not already mentioned) keep copies of all receipts/upc codes etc. The conversion from 3 year warranty to LSA has been excessively long (6-8 months+) but after waiting more than half a year I made one call to Ridgid CS and re-faxing all documents solved the problem.***Contact the LSA processing group (Ridgid customer service) at 1-866-539-1710
            Last edited by reConx; 06-05-2010, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
              One more thing (if not already mentioned) keep copies of all receipts/upc codes etc. The conversion from 3 year warranty to LSA has been excessively long (6-8 months+) but after waiting more than half a year I made one call to Ridgid CS and re-faxing all documents solved the problem.***Contact the LSA processing group (Ridgid customer service) at 1-866-539-1710
              Good to know, i may have to try this too, it has been at least 6 months for me too and still nothing...

Comment

sent the paper work in November 2009... still nothing even after several messages and 2 phone calls.....

Comment

I sent in my paperwork and bar code for a 3650 in 2005 and still have not been enrolled in the program. Two phone calls and at least one posting on the forum and still no response. That is one h*ll of a "backlog".

Comment

Working...
                  X