Too many good regulars on here are gone now :-(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many good regulars on here are gone now :-(

To me is sure seems as if we have lost far too many good forum members that were regulars on here. What do you think?
    Last edited by Woussko; 06-05-2010, 11:28 AM.

Re: Too many good regulars on here are gone now :-(

I agree.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Yes! It would be interesting to know what has taken them away, don't you think? Is it that their interests have changed, they are just too busy, less discussion of the subjects they like, too much of the subjects that don't relate to them, or does our attention just drift after a period of time?

Whatever, it's a loss to the forum and all of the remaining members.

CWS

Comment

Yes, I find I get excited when someone drags out a years old posts with Lorax or Space Blue (to name a couple) as the originating poster thinking that they are back but then quickly realize that it is just a reply to the original.
        Wonder where they all went

Comment

I think the reasons are many, upset or disinterest, health or family matters, work or other personal issues that allow too little time to post. Life as we know has periods of time which contain a steady routine, and then things change. I post quite a bit, maybe too much. Tuesday I'm having surgery, hope all goes well but at best I won't be posting for a few days. I'm sure some folks here encounter situations that prevent them from posting, even though they have enjoyed the many informative and spirited exchanges.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I think the reasons are many, upset or disinterest, health or family matters, work or other personal issues that allow too little time to post. Life as we know has periods of time which contain a steady routine, and then things change. I post quite a bit, maybe too much. Tuesday I'm having surgery, hope all goes well but at best I won't be posting for a few days. I'm sure some folks here encounter situations that prevent them from posting, even though they have enjoyed the many informative and spirited exchanges.
            Good luck and God bless ,Tool
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Traffic is down on all the sites I frequent....it seems to be seasonal. When good weather rolls around, may of the cyber woodworkers transform into actual woodworkers. I also suspect some lose interest once the main topics have been raised, discussed, debated, and beaten to death for the 47th time.

Comment

I suspect it's because we rarely get scintillating new topics.
                How many times do the "good regulars" need to tell the new guy with one post what saw blade to get for their table saw?

A little secret here is the "search mode" and you can go back and find
                all sorts if useful information and eliminate the need of a redundant query.

Sadly though, it's easier for the lazy person to post a poorly spelled and worded question instead of taking the initiative to do a simple search.

From a different direction..Ridgid has not introduced exciting new stuff or seems very disinterested in their battery operated tools. Thus we have little new stuff to discuss.

E-Bay offers more Ridgid battery stuff than any Home Depot. For that matter even the plumbing Ridgid line is easier to find and cheaper to purchase on E-Bay than chasing it down in one of their distributors.

We read many posts [typically their first one] complaining as to how bad the tool is etc. We all know from experience that he likely has not read the operating instructions, nor understands what the tool is designed for etc.

For example the Ridgid/Fuego short stroke reciprocating saw either the 18v battery on or the line cord design is not meant for demolition
                etc. Rather for small jobs in awkward places. Someone buys it and then complains the thing won't cut a 4x4 pressure treated post!!!!

A 12v drill is not designed to drill a half a dozen 6" holes using a hole saw ..... most people today have no clue as to the proper use of tools, both power and hand!

The schools no longer teach wood shop or metal shop where someone may become interested in working with their hands and how to use tools!

After a while the "good regulars" just get tired of this and move on to other things.

Cactus Man

Comment

I spend way too much time here ! Will try to wean Myself of this computer !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Sorry for bringing this old post back to the top but it seems that its author has also joined the ranks of old regulars who are gone. I wonder where the ole howler is baying these days?
                    ================================================== ====
                    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

he's hibernating for the winter

waiting for the groundhog to see it's own shadow.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I have wondered about Woussko too. there have been a few threads that I thought would drag him out of the background for sure but nothing, so I guess he is busy with others things. Hopefully his health is good.

Another one who is MIA is Vince. Maybe he is froze solid in a glacier.

I wish them both well and look forward to hearing from them again.
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Politics threads, it brings out the worst in people and it changes/forms opinions of the people involved.

Probably would of been best to never allow them in the first place, ever.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I assume you mean not allow politics threads. Unfortunately some topics have a way of going off the deep end no matter how civil everyone tries.

Maybe we should treat politics like religion and just stay away from discussing them here. I try to stay out 'cause there is no right or wrong, win or lose, only conflict that will breed disrespect between forum friends. But sometimes I get drug in, just can't help it. I try to state my case w/o offending anyone, but no doubt I have one time or another without intending to.
                            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                            X