X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies that impact you

I watched "The Road" a couple of nights ago. Very disturbing movie but man has it made me think a lot. Especially having a family you love.

Very good movie but be forewarned that there are some graphic scenes.

What movies have you watched that have impacted you. I am not just talking about entertaining movies like Ironman that you forget about 10 minutes after you leave. I mean the ones that really make you think.

Josh

Re: Movies that impact you

Spaceballs!
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

seven beauties, swept away, south pacific, rocky,groundhog day, shawshank redemption, the birds, poseidon adventure, the thing, the lathe of heaven, the day the earth stood still(original), to kill a mocking bird, inherit the wind! Jaws.
      Many movies provide more than just momentary entertainment, they leave you thinking. I have given thought about many different things after watching these and many more great movies. The good ones leave you changed just a little, and usuall for the better.

Comment

Viggo was pertty good in The Road. Always liked him.

Movies that make me think:

Soylent Green (still waiting on the remake)
        The Andromeda Strain (cuz that sh*t could happen)
        Jaws original (it changed the way I swam in the ocean. No more dangling my legs around)
        The Dirty Dozen (Telly Savalas was a crazy badazz)
        One Flew Over the CucKoos Nest (one day I'll end up in a ward with Nurse Ratched caring for me)
        Silence of the Lambs (they are out there for real)
        Saturday Night Fever (I got to disco dance with Stephanie Humphreys)

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Viggo was pertty good in The Road. Always liked him.

Movies that make me think:

Soylent Green (still waiting on the remake)
          The Andromeda Strain (cuz that sh*t could happen)
          Jaws original (it changed the way I swam in the ocean. No more dangling my legs around)
          The Dirty Dozen (Telly Savalas was a crazy badazz)
          One Flew Over the CucKoos Nest (one day I'll end up in a ward with Nurse Ratched caring for me)
          Silence of the Lambs (they are out there for real)
          Saturday Night Fever (I got to disco dance with Stephanie Humphreys)
          All good movies that made me think as well. Forgot to mention the original, "Planet of The Apes". That movie got a lot of people thinking.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0s6...ext=1&index=25
          Sure was a shocking ending, although having Nova softened the blow.
          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 06-11-2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

John Wayne Movies. I grew watching John Wayne movies with my dad and I have to say since then I have all ways wanted to be the hero. I think that actually has shaped my life in some ways.

Tombstone - Don't mess with a man's family family. Sherman McMasters: [about Wyatt] If they were my brothers, I'd want revenge, too.
            Doc Holliday: Oh, make no mistake. It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning.

Comment

"The Final Countdown"

There was never a Zero Fighter built that deserved a Stinger missle rammed up it's behind, especially that forcefully.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                John Wayne Movies. I grew watching John Wayne movies with my dad and I have to say since then I have all ways wanted to be the hero. I think that actually has shaped my life in some ways.

Tombstone - Don't mess with a man's family family. Sherman McMasters: [about Wyatt] If they were my brothers, I'd want revenge, too.
                Doc Holliday: Oh, make no mistake. It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning.
                That's a mighty tall order, living up to "The Duke"! Heck, John wayne himself couldn't do that. I think my favorite Wayne movie is "The Quiet Man". I think it's a noble life's effort to be a hero, consider being a decent husband and father as success enough!

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                  "The Final Countdown"

There was never a Zero Fighter built that deserved a Stinger missle rammed up it's behind, especially that forcefully.
                  Maybe it was overkill, but Gunner were you cheering for the enemy after they shot up the yacht? Good flick to get you thinking about time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Maybe it was overkill, but Gunner were you cheering for the enemy after they shot up the yacht? Good flick to get you thinking about time travel.
                    I don't remember any yacht, since it has been well over a decade since I last seen it. All I remember was an F-14 Tomcat dogfighting a Zero. It was just the thought of having two weapon systems so vastly apart in the same battle. "Cheer for the enemy" hell no. Give me SOME credit, a little! Please?

Heh, it would be the same "kick" if a movie producer decided to make a film based on a modern German Panther II transported back to the days of Ceaser to fight the Romans back to Italy. Wouldn't THAT make an interesting "Fall of Rome" story.
                    Last edited by tailgunner; 06-11-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Movies

The Stand: By Stephen King

Wisdom: By Emilio Estevez

Books

Cole Black Horse: drawing a blank

The story of Edger Sawtelle: By David Wroblewski ***

Fortunes Bastard: By Robert Chalmers

***if your into dogs/animals, or just reading, I highly recommend this book.
                      If your not into dogs or reading, then I still highly recommend you read this book!
                      Last edited by Gene Bickford; 06-11-2010, 09:51 PM.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                        I don't remember any yacht, since it has been well over a decade since I last seen it. All I remember was an F-14 Tomcat dogfighting a Zero. It was just the thought of having two weapon systems so vastly apart in the same battle. "Cheer for the enemy" hell no. Give me SOME credit, a little! Please?

Heh, it would be the same "kick" if a movie producer decided to make a film based on a modern German Panther II transported back to the days of Ceaser to fight the Romans back to Italy. Wouldn't THAT make an interesting "Fall of Rome" story.
                        I've watched the movie several times and have it on DVD. The tomcats stay high and out of sight of the zeros as the zeros attack a vintage wooden yacht with a man who is supposed to be next in line for president, senator sam chapman, his secretary and her dog. The storyline was great. Now I won't attack you for supporting the enemy and you leave the romans alone.

Comment

I recently watched "It Might Get Loud". Amazing. If you aren't a guitarist/rock musician you probably won't get it.

Comment

"Midnight Express" had a major impact on me.
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Office space.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X