• Show
Clear All

Re: Playing Politics

So Spiff, how about documenting one single lie from Fox
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
      I been to the Arizona and California a couple times for Border Patrol, I have seen it, the answer is yes.
      I would be interested to hear how you know that since it is not current law?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Utah and JamesP got in a Thank You War.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I would be interested to hear how you know that since it is not current law?

Mark
          Hiring undocumented workers and not paying the taxes is not against any current laws?

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
            Hiring undocumented workers and not paying the taxes is not against any current laws?
            Of course it is but they don't usually take your business away because of it. Under the new Arizona Law you could lose everything.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              So Spiff, how about documenting one single lie from Fox
              Okay, in addition the the one I just previously provided about O'Reilly and the matter of Obama not filing criminal charges against the New Black Panthers, that he and everyone else knew was handled by Bush as a civil matter?

Okay, here is another one.

Steve Doocy twice falsely claimed that Elena Kagan "barred military recruiters from the Harvard campus." In fact, Kagan consistently followed the law; Harvard students had access to military recruiters during her entire tenure as dean; and Harvard's data show that her actions did not adversely affect military recruitment.

From the July 8 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends:

BRIAN KILMEADE: Another major issue not getting much ink but certainly an impact, and that is the nomination and coronation which we thought it was going to be of Elena Kagan as Supreme Court justice. Well, the Republicans can't stop her but they can -- they can not support her and one major Republican senator is not going to support her and he made it clear in USA Today with an editorial.

STEVE DOOCY: He did. It's in the paper today. It's John McCain if you're a hotel, USA Today, it's probably free, so pick it up, or an airport. Anyway, here's what he writes in USA Today today: "I stated that the qualifications essential for evaluating a nominee for the bench included integrity, character, legal competence and ability, experience and philosophical and judicial temperament. On that test, Elena Kagan fails." And he goes on in the body of the op-ed to talk about how when she was dean of Harvard Law, she was squarely against "don't ask, don't tell" or she barred military recruiters from the harvard campus which the senator says flies in the face of the solomon amendment.
              Take your pick. Either McCain was lying in his Op-ed or Doocy added that tidbit.

Here's a link to the page.

Here is another one:

July 09, 2010

Following President Obama's recent visit to Smith Electric Vehicles (SEV U.S.), right-wing media have criticized the start-up electric truck company, which received stimulus grants in 2009 and 2010. For instance, Fox called the company a "Total Joke" and claimed that SEV U.S. "has not been able to hire any new people in the last year," when in fact, SEV U.S. has hired 50 workers since starting production in October 2009.
              Then there is this story on FOX Nation:

Obama Praises Total Joke of a Company

After tripling the national deficit and watching unemployment surge to 10%, Barack Obama now believes that paying twice as much for a truck is good business.

Even Obama supporters can see that his polling numbers are about as weak as his economic policies.

The Smith Electric Vehicle manufacturer makes trucks that cost twice as much as normal delivery trucks. The company only survived this year because of a federal grant. It did not hire any new employees.

I like that bit about tripling the national deficit. It took Bush and the repubs eight years to double the national debt and Obama managed to triple it in 18 months.

This, of course, counts as a success story for President Obama.
              Last edited by SpiffPeters; 07-12-2010, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Hannity -

The Fox-industrial complex
                June 11, 2010 10:46 pm ET by Jeremy Schulman

John Lapoint, the president of a Maine company called Packgen, has been making the rounds in the media this week, complaining that BP and the federal government haven't purchased thousands of feet of oil boom that his company began manufacturing in the wake of the Gulf disaster.

Tonight, Lapoint appeared on Sean Hannity's Fox News show. Hannity -- who declared the situation "frustrating" and said that "the blame goes to BP, and the blame goes to our government" -- demanded to know "why" BP and the Obama administration hadn't bought the boom.

Why?

Packgen, as we've noted, has reportedly never commercially manufactured booms before. They are also reportedly using a different design than the standard oil boom. Which is probably why BP reportedly "ordered a trial run of the product" rather than immediately buying up Packgen's entire inventory.

And tonight -- about an hour before Lapoint appeared on Hannity's infomercial -- ABC's Jake Tapper reported that the Coast Guard told him: "The boom manufactured by Packgen did not pass an initial quality control test."
                link

July 01, 2010 12:32 am ET by Fae Jencks

On tonight's edition of Fox News' Hannity, Michelle Malkin and Sean Hannity launched an attack on the Obama administration, claiming that the president is implicated in the Rod Blagojevich corruption scandal, and alleging that recent testimony proved that Obama had "lie[d] to the American people" about his involvement.

Though Malkin and Hannity allege that there were "quid pro quos going on," no evidence has emerged that suggests that Obama or his staff were a part of any such deal. In fact, all available evidence, including Balanoff's testimony, Greg Craig's investigation, and Blagojevich's statements about Obama (who he criticized for being "not willing to give me anything except appreciation") indicates the opposite.
                link

Lies and distortions about the Jones Act on FOX

Citing Jones Act, Fox & Friends falsely suggests foreign aid not being used in Gulf

Beck: Obama "needs to explain ... why we turned down all the international help." On the June 15 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, Glenn Beck said that Obama "needs to explain why we haven't -- why we turned down all the international help. They offered it within a couple of days. We said no." Beck further stated that Obama needs to address "why we then went back and said well, we'll give you an answer in a couple of days, and it took two weeks. I think the president needs to explain why he hasn't suspended the Jones amendment, which is letting international ships go in and help."

Carlson suggests that because Jones Act "has not been waived," foreign ships have not been allowed into Gulf to help. In a later segment on the June 15 Fox & Friends, co-host Gretchen Carlson hosted Sen. George LeMieux (R-FL) and stated: "Steve Doocy asked [White House press secretary Robert Gibbs] why the Jones Act has not been waived, allowing international ships to come into the Gulf." LeMieux later responded, in part, "The Jones Act shouldn't be preventing any foreign ships from coming to help in the skimming operations."

Ingraham suggests Jones Act has prevented international help from reaching Gulf. Later on Fox & Friends, Fox News contributor Laura Ingraham stated that one of the "things the president needs to talk about and needs to do" is to "waive the Jones Act" so that "all of our technology, all of our manpower, all the skimmers internationally" could reach the Gulf. Ingraham did not note that there are already international ships in the Gulf responding to the spill.

In fact, "15 foreign-flagged vessels are involved" in response to spill; vessels did not require Jones Act waivers

Gibbs tells Fox & Friends that foreign aid is being used in Gulf. In an interview on the June 15 edition of Fox & Friends, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs stated that "[w]e have talked to several countries" and that "foreign entities are operating within the Gulf that help us respond" to the oil spill. Despite this, both Carlson and Ingraham continued to falsely suggest that foreign aide was being denied.

JIC: Fifteen foreign-flagged vessels currently involved in response to Gulf oil spill; vessels did not require Jones Act waivers. In a June 15 press release, the Deepwater Horizon Incident Joint Information Center (JIC) stated that "[c]urrently, 15 foreign-flagged vessels are involved in the largest response to an oil spill in U.S. history." The JIC further explained, "No Jones Act waivers have been granted because none of these vessels have required such a waiver to conduct their operations in the Gulf of Mexico." The press release further stated:

To date, the administration has leveraged assets and skills from numerous foreign countries and international organizations as part of this historic, all-hands-on-deck response, including Canada, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, the United Nations' International Maritime Organization and the European Union's Monitoring and Information Centre. In some cases, offers of international assistance have been turned down because the offer didn't fit the needs of the response.
                link

These are just a slice of the kind of dishonesty FOX News engages in daily. There are video's on the links I have provided so you can clearly see that these comments are not being taken out of context or edited in a manner so as to present them in a certain light.

FOX News may feed ones daily need for outrage, but they are as devoid of facts as they are objectivity and integrity.
                Last edited by SpiffPeters; 07-13-2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

They drain our economy by using resources and services paid by for tax payers but don't pay taxes.

Guys face it progressives are ignorant and the fact is you cannot win an argument with an ignorant man. Especially one who relies on the main stream media for information.
                  Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                  Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Yea and you liberals all hate Fox because it has more viewers than all the other networks combined. What you all fail to mention is that these so called lies and distortions don't take place on the "news" they take place on talk shows. You remember talk shows don't you. Like Air America with Al Frankin Oh and Alec Baldwin, NOBODY wanted to hear that liberal clap trap so the show went belly up. Sorry fellas but the majority of the folks in this nation are conservative minded, and deeply resent the liberal crap that comes out of places like Boston and New York.. You will loose big in November and then, predictably you will blame it on race rather than the failings of the Democrat party to deliver even one of the campaign promises they ran on. Obama is shaping up into the puppet of George Soros and the DNC just as predicted.

sigpic

Comment

Yea and you liberals all hate Fox because it has more viewers than all the other networks combined. What you all fail to mention is that these so called lies and distortions don't take place on the "news" they take place on talk shows. You remember talk shows don't you. Like Air America with Al Frankin Oh and Alec Baldwin, NOBODY wanted to hear that liberal clap trap so the show went belly up. Sorry fellas but the majority of the folks in this nation are conservative minded, and deeply resent the liberal crap that comes out of places like Boston and New York.. You will loose big in November and then, predictably you will blame it on race rather than the failings of the Democrat party to deliver even one of the campaign promises they ran on. Obama is shaping up into the puppet of George Soros and the DNC just as predicted.

I'm neither a liberal nor conservative, and I like some things on Fox and dislike others. I won't watch glen beck denounce Unions or stir up his audience with paranoid predictions. I will never watch hannity, his idea of patriotism is about as unAmerican as it gets. I do enjoy Bill O'Reilly who is outspoken about things that bother me and was also outspoken when President Bush was in office.

I don't understand how anyone can be a free thinker and accept everything they hear from Fox, or the liberal media. The loss of American jobs, out of control illegal immigrant situation, unsecure borders, half hearted war efforts that cost American lives, federal debt, bailouts to big business...
                      All of these serious problems existed with a republican administration and are still here and worse with the democrats. No difference from my perspective.

I will be voting all republican next chance I get, and hope the message is loud and clear. Don't lie to me, don't follow your party's agenda and expect to be reelected. Secure my borders, find out who is in my country and make them either contribute to the costs or leave! Fight a war to win, if iran or pakistan is giving shelter or aid to our enemy, take them out!
                      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 07-13-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

What you all fail to mention is that these so called lies and distortions don't take place on the "news" they take place on talk shows.
                        So first you didn't believe me when I said FOX News and their hosts lie. Then once I provide evidence of their lies, you fall back to 'they're talk show hosts'.

MPM -
                        They drain our economy by using resources and services paid by for tax payers but don't pay taxes.

Guys face it progressives are ignorant and the fact is you cannot win an argument with an ignorant man. Especially one who relies on the main stream media for information.
                        Two things.

One, according to the Comptroller in Texas, Texas realizes a $400+ million windfall from the illegal community. I know Mark has done some rudimentary math, but I seriously doubt he had access to the base data the comptroller. Besides that, I'm much more inclined to believe the word of the Texas comptroller over some guy on the WWW.

Do I threaten you that much that you feel the need to attack me? Call me ignorant because you disagree with my facts? Are you so incapable of engaging in a conversation without impugning the intelligence or character of someone you disagree with?

Even Bush, with his rubber stamp congress, couldn't solve the immigration problem. What makes anyone think the repubs will give Obama any help?

I'm waiting for the repubs to actually grow up and offer some real ideas. But this notion that the dems have to meet them half way doesn't wash. For one thing, when the repubs were busy sinking this ship, they didn't allow the dems to say or do anything. They ruled with an iron fist, and if you didn't have an R after your name, you were shut out completely.

Comment

I did not realize that you had said it "that way" I thought that you said Fox news lies. When I have found the straight news shows to be pretty generic, just about like any network news.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            I'm neither a liberal nor conservative, and I like some things on Fox and dislike others. I won't watch glen beck denounce Unions or stir up his audience with paranoid predictions. I will never watch hannity, his idea of patriotism is about as unAmerican as it gets. I do enjoy Bill O'Reilly who is outspoken about things that bother me and was also outspoken when President Bush was in office.

I don't understand how anyone can be a free thinker and accept everything they hear from Fox, or the liberal media. The loss of American jobs, out of control illegal immigrant situation, unsecure borders, half hearted war efforts that cost American lives, federal debt, bailouts to big business...
                            All of these serious problems existed with a republican administration and are still here and worse with the democrats. No difference from my perspective.

I will be voting all republican next chance I get, and hope the message is loud and clear. Don't lie to me, don't follow your party's agenda and expect to be reelected. Secure my borders, find out who is in my country and make them either contribute to the costs or leave! Fight a war to win, if iran or pakistan is giving shelter or aid to our enemy, take them out!
                            I am about the same as you. I am a staunch libertarian, I can't stand either party. When you do vote this November make sure to vote for grass roots candidates and not just another candidate from the GOP establishment. Sen. Jim DeMint supports these candidates in his Senate Conservitives Fund, worth a look.
                            Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

From the L.A. Times:
                              1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes.This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
                              95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
                              75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
                              4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
                              Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
                              Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
                              7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
                              Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

Nah, they don't drain the economy.
                              Ray

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                              X