Life Hacks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Hacks.

If you ever wonder what little things we can do to make life a little bit easier, or at the very least, more tolerable?

For me, I'll start with this little one:

Remember when we were all in grade school, and our parents, while well meaning, would make PB & J sandwiches for lunch, only to have them become soggy by the time lunch break rolls around? Well, this a way to create a "never soggy" sandwich. You can waterproof your PB & J by putting the peanut butter on BOTH slices of bread, then put the jelly in the middle. That sandwich can sit in that locker for days, and never get soggy. Your children will thank you.

Anyone else have any bits of wisdom?

Re: Life Hacks.

Always butter your toast on the correct side [top side]
    Otherwise when it falls the buttered side will land on the floor

Cactus Man

Comment

That is a good idea and it makes sense that it would work. I cook and bake, cause I like to eat and when I make a strawberry short cake I put a layer of whipped cream down before laying on the strawberry filling. Regarding sandwich fixes, the best I could do is to put the tuna salad in a separate container to save the bread from soaking, not as good as your pb&j idea.

I like the theme of this thread and if folks suggest different areas of interest maybe we can offer personal fixes? I don't want to mention too many cooking tips and seem boring.

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and bump my own thread for good reason; I'm providing two good ones here that while it may or may not make life easier, it sure can wipe the smile off the faces of those who seem to make life a bit irritable:

Ever wait in line at a fast food restaurant for over ten minutes for a four dollar order to go? Well, here are two things,
        One - To garantee you will receive fresh fries with your meal, just ask for fries without salt. they usually have salt packets anyway.

Two, ask for drinks without ice. We all can get frozen dihydrogen monoxide at home for free. I'm not about to pay someone one to serve me the same at fast food prices.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
          If you ever wonder what little things we can do to make life a little bit easier, or at the very least, more tolerable?

For me, I'll start with this little one:

Remember when we were all in grade school, and our parents, while well meaning, would make PB & J sandwiches for lunch, only to have them become soggy by the time lunch break rolls around? Well, this a way to create a "never soggy" sandwich. You can waterproof your PB & J by putting the peanut butter on BOTH slices of bread, then put the jelly in the middle. That sandwich can sit in that locker for days, and never get soggy. Your children will thank you.

Anyone else have any bits of wisdom?
          Who could afford peanut butter??

Comment

I never ate a "soggy" peanut butter and jelly sandwich... the secret really is to butter both sides of the bread and then put the peanut butter add the peanut butter and the jelly. Not only does the butter prevent the penetration of the jelly, but it also enhances the taste of both (just try eating a single slide, using butter first and then either peanut butter or jelly... much better taste that way!

When I first started my career, I always packed my lunch and because we didn't have a refrigerator to store our "brown bags", I would only carry P&B... I hate the taste of warm luncheon meat, cheese, etc.

I shared a cubicle with anothe fellow and his wife would always pick up a couple of deli sandwiches and drop them off for him. Roger loved P&B (especially the way we made them) and he'd always swap me one of his roast beef or pastramy sandwiches for one of mine. Too good a deal and though I enjoyed it, I just started making a couple of extra for him.

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X