Check this out !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out !

I have been rehabbing house in minneapolis for 20+ years and me and my guys used to go through a box of those 3M 8511 dust masks a day, and it was costing me about 70 bucks a week. But a buddy of mine who rides quads recently told me about a dust mask he had just bought called the rzrmask. It comes with replaceable filters that are washable, so I decided to buy each of the guys on my crew a rzrmask and package of filters. With washes each guys goes through about one filter a week, and filters are about 5 bucks for a 3 pack, so I have been saving about 50 bucks per week. I would reccomend anyone who works through dust to check them out, they definately help save cash. take a look on rzrmask.com

Re: Check this out !

What is the NIOSH particulate rating? N-95? N-90? Maybe less? How much does that thing actually filter? Does it stop particules from old blown insulation, horsehair plaster, and sawdust?

Just how good are those filters after you wash them? Just how much degregation occur after each wash? Hell, what cleansing method DOES the manufacturer recommend in the first place?

Saving fifty dollars a week, just to risk your crew getting sick from worn out filters. Forking over 70 dollars a week for the proper and assured respirator seems to me the cheapest form of health insurance around. Replacing a NIOSH N-95 mask is alot cheaping than replacing a lung. So forgive me if I am a bit sceptical.
    Last edited by tailgunner; 07-28-2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

They are N95 rated and will filter anything that you get into, and the best way to wash is nice and gently in a ice cream pail of warm water, after a few pails of fresh water the filter looks brand new and once its dry you can hardly tell its on its second use. They are not some cheap piece of junk mask, they are actually pretty nice.

Comment

I use P95 filters in my respirator

It's the cheapest way there is, that I know of.

You still need a fit test for any tasks which require respiratory protection, most people don't know about or ignore that requirement.

Keep in mind that N95 is only 95% effective against nuisance particulate levels, P95 is the minimum i've allowed employees to use in anything but minor nuisance dust.

Good Luck
        Last edited by radar_40; 07-30-2010, 12:48 AM.

Comment

We use dust masks ALOT just because of EPA requirements and company policy to follow the application instructions of our product. So we go through a ton of masks. I will be letting the boss know about this....thanks for the post.

Comment

Interesting. It would be helpful if they had some information on the site. Maybe the product sheet that comes with the mask so you could read about it up front before you spend any money. They give some suggested uses which include construction on the site, but they should say it meets NIOSH standard or OSHA approved, or something to that affect. If they did they would sell many more of them I think.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
            X